Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 18, 2013, 05:21:37 PM

Taggart took Western Kentucky to bowl games two years in a row and USF was atrocious last season. I think giving him more than 3 games to essentially rebuild the program isn't asking too much.

agree.. . The cupboard isn't completely bare and I do believe this is Taggart's first year!   The instant gratification part of the fan base is far too impatient. Fortunately for USF there really aren't that many of them. Hopefully, Taggart will rebuild USF into something special.    I still believe that both USF and UCF need to really start working together before both get left out in the cold.  Sadly I believe it is more like the Tampa vs St Pete stuff over baseball.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 20, 2013, 07:17:02 PM

Taggart will have a National Title for the Bulls in no time now that ucf is on the schedule .....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 22, 2013, 04:51:12 PM

Taggart will have a National Title for the Bulls in no time now that ucf is on the schedule .....

Nope playing for a National Title is not even close to being an achievable goal for USF at this point in time.  USF has  never finished in the top25 in the history of CFB when the final polls are given.

By playing UCF they will start to actually increase their attendance and interest in the state of Florida for that annual rivalry game.  Reality is both USF and UCF are in a very bad place today unless they can gain membership to one of the 5 BCS conferences remaining.  That is why I believe their best course of action is to work cooperatively with UCF and press the Big12 for membership.  That door won't be open forever.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 23, 2013, 09:34:55 PM

yep, playing ucf will be much more of a draw than playing FSU, Miami, and UF.   They should add Stetson as well and then the entire state will be THEIR'S!!!!!!!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 23, 2013, 11:34:24 PM

yep, playing ucf will be much more of a draw than playing FSU, Miami, and UF.   They should add Stetson as well and then the entire state will be THEIR'S!!!!!!!!!

Certainly playing UF FSU and Miami will draw well as long as USF doesn't withhold tickets!  :o

The problem is those games will never be regular fare with USF.  While I am sure FSU and Miami will occasionally schedule USF and UCF for recruiting purposes they will never be annual opponents like UCF.

Do you honestly believe UF will ever play USF at RayJay?   

Stetson---  TOO FUNNY!    ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 24, 2013, 11:33:04 AM

They have had UF/UM/or FSU on their schedule every year since they did not renew ucf and many years 2 of those teams.  Additionally, they played Notre Dame once.   All of those games provide more exposure than ucf ever will and probably more revenue regardless of location.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 24, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

They have had UF/UM/or FSU on their schedule every year since they did not renew ucf and many years 2 of those teams.  Additionally, they played Notre Dame once.   All of those games provide more exposure than ucf ever will and probably more revenue regardless of location.

Yes those games definitely produce greater exposure nationally.  Disagree that when they are played away from home they generate more income for USF than a UCF vs USF game at RJS.

It will be interesting to see how many fans show up for the Miami vs USF game at RJS this week to how many show up for the USF vs UCF game in Orlando.

I will go on record in terms of % of capacity of the stadium the USF vs UCF will have the higher percentage and quite possibly an actual higher head count.  ( will depend on how many Miami fans show up)

Point is can USF actually depend on playing a Notre Dame FSU or UM every year?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#22 : September 24, 2013, 08:26:26 PM

Cmon, Ruknight...... Get off ucf's jock already. They will never be usf's ticket or any other colleges ticket into a bcs conference.

They are and always will be Sun Belt trash.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 26, 2013, 05:18:53 AM

Cmon, Ruknight...... Get off ucf's jock already. They will never be usf's ticket or any other colleges ticket into a bcs conference.

They are and always will be Sun Belt trash.
. "Get off ucf's jock already."
Not true at all but unlike most I see the reality of the futures of both USF and UCF unless they form some sort of bond similar to what FSU and Miami did back in the 80's.

"They will never be usf's ticket or any other colleges ticket into a bcs conference.
They are and always will be Sun Belt trash."

UCF vs USF can be an absolutely perfect rivalry game any doubt of that premise is removed by your own commentary and absolute hatred for UCF.  Actually that hatred is a wonderful thing and it is what CFB is all about.   That has RIVALRY written all over it.

Ever hear of the expression "United we stand Divided we fall"? 

USF and the Big East just got a huge slap in the face by the other BCS conferences and now all remaining members except for lucky Rutgers Pitt Syracuse Louisville and WV are currently no longer relevant in the "Big Boy" football world.   Time to face reality. Both UCF and USF are in deep poop though UCF just had a wonderful win against Penn State.  As stated above they need to put a cooperative effort to get into the Big 12.  Individually neither stands a chance though UCF might have a slighter better chance in since they recently played Texas home and away.  Still don't think that is enough. It is no secret that Florida is one of the top 3 recruiting states in America and the Big 12 would love to expand into that market annual games home and away alternating each year would give the Big 12 that presence and instantly make both USF and UCF relevant again.

Honestly, USF fans act just like St Pete does with Tampa over the Rays. Time to work together for the greater good for both.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 26, 2013, 03:48:48 PM

USF has spent the previous 8 years in a BCS conference.  Obviously playing ucf was not a necessity

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 29, 2013, 07:20:56 AM

USF has spent the previous 8 years in a BCS conference.  Obviously playing ucf was not a necessity

TRUE  but after this year they won't be!  Your point?  The past is over time to look to the future and remove the pettiness and bush league attitude.  USF and UCF need to start working together..

USF played Miami yesterday in front of 47,562 fans    UCF played South Carolina yesterday in front of 47,605 fans

USF lost to # 15 Miami 49-21 at home  while UCF lost to #12  South Carolina 28-25   

Except for USF getting blown out , both teams look like identical twins..  Looks like a great annual rivalry to me..   That being said they need to look to the future because both will not be in a BCS conference after this season.  That status is lost after this season.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 29, 2013, 12:25:04 PM

My point is that your theory that not continuing the game against the mid-major hurt the program is ridiculous

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#27 : September 30, 2013, 10:40:59 AM

I think USF can run the table and earn a BCS bowl bid.

They just been hustlin' the AAC making fools think they suck.

#DRUGSAREBADmmmmmkay

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 30, 2013, 09:28:45 PM

I think USF can run the table and earn a BCS bowl bid.

They just been hustlin' the AAC making fools think they suck.

#DRUGSAREBADmmmmmkay

+1

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 01, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

My point is that your theory that not continuing the game against the mid-major hurt the program is ridiculous

Never have implied that I just that it makes USF look like a total coward to avoid a perfect rivalry for both programs.
When USF gets beat by UCF tell me again how they are so much better than UCF?   Learn that natural Rivalries are what make CFB great avoiding them is stupid.

As a USF grad such cowardice embarrasses me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools