Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 02, 2013, 11:41:14 AM

My point is that your theory that not continuing the game against the mid-major hurt the program is ridiculous

Never have implied that I just that it makes USF look like a total coward to avoid a perfect rivalry for both programs.
When USF gets beat by UCF tell me again how they are so much better than UCF?   Learn that natural Rivalries are what make CFB great avoiding them is stupid.

As a USF grad such cowardice embarrasses me.

The hell you haven't.  And they were so scared of ucf, the team they beat 4 straight years, they took on UF, FSU, UM, and Notre Dame in their absence.   Your comments are absurd.

As an USF grad I am embarrassed that you claim to have also graduated from the school.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 02, 2013, 12:03:31 PM

The hell you haven't.  And they were so scared of ucf, the team they beat 4 straight years, they took on UF, FSU, UM, and Notre Dame in their absence.   Your comments are absurd.

As an USF grad I am embarrassed that you claim to have also graduated from the school.

+1

Runole

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 02, 2013, 05:11:07 PM

My point is that your theory that not continuing the game against the mid-major hurt the program is ridiculous

Never have implied that I just that it makes USF look like a total coward to avoid a perfect rivalry for both programs.
When USF gets beat by UCF tell me again how they are so much better than UCF?   Learn that natural Rivalries are what make CFB great avoiding them is stupid.

As a USF grad such cowardice embarrasses me.

Oh Pulease!   Just because I understand football and rivalries and what makes them work.    How is USF any different that UCF?   Both programs are practically twins of  each other

Hey it is very easy to play programs that you are considered a huge underdog because you have everything to gain but nothing to lose.   It takes character and integrity to face teams that are on the same level where a loss is far more devastating.

So you actually are trying to sell that USF substituted ND FSU Miami UF to replace UCF?     Please sell that horse sheet to someone else.  Ridiculous!.   I suggest you read the sentences in bold a few times and perhaps you will begin to understand college football better.

Why do you think UF dropped Miami?    They feared a loss to a team every bit as good as they are, and who had been their 3rd longest rival when they dropped them.

Now you have USF dropping UCF.  Why?    Inflated ego's thinking UCF isn't of their caliber?   Please explain factually why any rational and logical USF fan could make such an absurd statement?

Oh that's right USF was 4-0 when they dropped them.. LOL Whew!  :o  EGO INTACT!!  ;D That overtime game was too close!!  :-[

Now Horrors!   UCF has to be played and USF is down!     How will you as a USF fan claim USF is so much better when UCF likely takes USF  to the woodshed?  Hey it will be a most bitter loss if it indeed occurs, and it certainly looks that way at present..

Start praying that USF can somehow beat UCF again so you can still push your chest out and claim UCF is not worthy to play every year?      :D

So McNeese state is "a worthy " team for USF to play every year?

I am a USF fan/grad that believes in integrity ,honesty, and not avoiding a team 75 miles away that is on the same level.      If that is embarrassing to you so be it.  Your priorities are wrong. imo

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 02, 2013, 10:17:22 PM

The factual and rational reasons that ucf was no longer played has been explained.     Nobody "avoided" them.  Why does FSU continue to avoid FAMU?    USF played better, more prestigious competition to try and elevate the program instead of staying at the mid-major level that ucf has remained at their entire much longer history.  The fact that USF is down and ucf has a marquee player this year doesn't change anything about USF's past decisions. 

And if USF does lose to ucf this year, I'll probably just ask a FSU fan how they handled getting whooped at home by USF and go from there.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#34 : October 05, 2013, 11:15:42 PM

USF now officially has more wins than the Bucs.  LOL

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 06, 2013, 10:29:50 PM

It was a big victory too against a high flying Cincinatti offense.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#36 : October 07, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

It was a big victory too against a high flying Cincinatti offense.

Hey, after losses to FAU and McNeese State, I am sure the Bulls will take it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 07, 2013, 10:32:03 AM

Yup.

It is something to build on and will take a while to turn around the program.  The defense has the potential to improve substantially as the season goes on.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#38 : October 12, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

Two wins in a row without an offensive touchdown.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 12, 2013, 07:38:32 PM

Hey, first win at UConn

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 13, 2013, 10:05:48 AM

Working hard to get beyond the Skip Holtz curse.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 13, 2013, 10:50:54 AM

Yeah Holtz set the program back for a good while.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 13, 2013, 10:57:17 AM

Good victories the past two weeks.

Glad to see the program finally on-track.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#43 : October 13, 2013, 09:20:34 PM

Good victories the past two weeks.

Glad to see the program finally on-track.
I wouldn't say they are on track yet.  Lets see them finish the season strong to give fans hope for next year.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 14, 2013, 11:19:39 AM

The factual and rational reasons that ucf was no longer played has been explained.     Nobody "avoided" them.  Why does FSU continue to avoid FAMU?    USF played better, more prestigious competition to try and elevate the program instead of staying at the mid-major level that ucf has remained at their entire much longer history.  The fact that USF is down and ucf has a marquee player this year doesn't change anything about USF's past decisions. 

And if USF does lose to ucf this year, I'll probably just ask a FSU fan how they handled getting whooped at home by USF and go from there.

Why does FSU continue to avoid FAMU?

Well mainly because the fact that they are not  a FBS school but also because the last time FSU played FAMU in any sport a race riot started during a basketball game that had to be forfeited.

Hey perhaps you are right.  USF fans like you would probably riot after a game against UCF which by the way is not only a FBS school but will be on the USF schedule from now on.   Don't you just love it? :D

Hey USF is looking better they still might be able to beat UCF this season.   That would certainly be a feather in the cap of USF this season.    They also get a chance at Louisville both should be good games as USF is getting better...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools