Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #45 : October 14, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »

natural rivalry right across town ........

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #46 : October 14, 2013, 11:50:40 AM »

natural rivalry right across town ........

Yes, and USF should schedule Plant High following your incredible logic... ;)

Hey My work is done USF has to play UCF every year!   DON'T you just love it?
[/quote]
« : October 14, 2013, 11:53:01 AM Runole »

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #47 : October 14, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »

lolz

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #48 : October 15, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »

"Why does FSU continue to avoid FAMU?"

That comment still makes me laugh at the silliness of such a statement.     USF and UCF are about a close in stature as two teams can be but USF just can't remove their stupid "pseudo arrogance" in recognizing the factual reality.  Just as stupid as  gator fan claiming they are superior to FSU and Miami.

Hey 30 years ago such a methodology of avoidance might have worked but in today's  CFB world it is time for USF and UCF to look at the bigger picture.   Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville are safe  as are Rutgers and Maryland along with TCU and WV as well as Utah in the Pac 12.

Time to put together a full court press to get into the Big 12.  The clock is ticking and the UCF / USF ticket I believe is a potential  winner.   Unfortunately "greed" is currently ruling the left over members of the Big 12 and they aren't willing to sacrifice short term profit for two new programs eating at the trough. With the new playoff coming into play it is time for a sensible battle plan for both programs to be successful.

Certainly FSU UF and Miami  aren't in favor of such a move because that would improve recruiting for both programs and allow the Big 12 a strong presence in the one of the top 3 recruiting beds in America.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #49 : October 15, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »

lolz

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #50 : October 16, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »

lolz

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #51 : October 19, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »

USF made a horrible mistake in dropping UCF from their schedule following the lead of KIng of Cowardice's methodology..... ie Florida dropping Miami which remains the biggest travesty in the history of CFB in the state of Florida.. 
Remember when FSU had the chance to join the SEC, but chose not to?

I do.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #52 : October 20, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »

USF made a horrible mistake in dropping UCF from their schedule following the lead of KIng of Cowardice's methodology..... ie Florida dropping Miami which remains the biggest travesty in the history of CFB in the state of Florida.. 

I do.

If the offer had actually occurred FSU indeed would have joined the SEC.   Unfortunately ,a real invite never happened. Instead the SEC came calling declared that FSU would be a member and then suddenly the ACC came in and offered things that the SEC didn't, and FSU "horrors"  decided to listen.   That is called being smart.

This pissed the SEC off and they decided that they didn't want or need to add one of the two most dominant football teams of that time to their conference.  the other being Miami.   ie They couldn't handle competing with another Conference for FSU.

In fact the same Joe Dean that bragged that FSU was a done deal in June  announced in September of that year the SEC never seriously considered FSU and no formal offer was even given..

Both of course were lies... It all goes back to respect!   The SEC refused to respect either Miami or FSU who were the most dominant football teams in the country for almost 2 decades.

Seriously, if the SEC had pursued FSU a couple of years ago with a honest offer, FSU and probably Clemson would be in the SEC... Instead they consistently stated they had no interest in FSU or Clemson.

Obviously, your memory has factual errors concerning FSU seeking membership in the SEC.  Conveniently by design you left out the whole story... 

FSU tried for years to get into the SEC going back to the mid 60's 70's and 80's but UF blocked them and along with Georgia South Carolina and UF still does today.   That ship has sailed forever.. 

I am sure USF would beg to get into the ACC, but that is never going to happen, which is why I suggest both USF and UCF putting a full court press on the old Big 12/10.  The clock is ticking.

Start thinking proactive rather than reactive and you will begin to see the best course for USF and UCF for the future.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #53 : October 20, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »

They did think "proactive" that's why USF decided to not renew contract with mid-major ucf so they could play UM, FSU, and UF........

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #54 : October 20, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »

I do.

If the offer had actually occurred FSU indeed would have joined the SEC.   Unfortunately ,a real invite never happened. Instead the SEC came calling declared that FSU would be a member and then suddenly the ACC came in and offered things that the SEC didn't, and FSU "horrors"  decided to listen.   That is called being smart.

This pissed the SEC off and they decided that they didn't want or need to add one of the two most dominant football teams of that time to their conference.  the other being Miami.   ie They couldn't handle competing with another Conference for FSU.

In fact the same Joe Dean that bragged that FSU was a done deal in June  announced in September of that year the SEC never seriously considered FSU and no formal offer was even given..

Both of course were lies... It all goes back to respect!   The SEC refused to respect either Miami or FSU who were the most dominant football teams in the country for almost 2 decades.

Seriously, if the SEC had pursued FSU a couple of years ago with a honest offer, FSU and probably Clemson would be in the SEC... Instead they consistently stated they had no interest in FSU or Clemson.

Obviously, your memory has factual errors concerning FSU seeking membership in the SEC.  Conveniently by design you left out the whole story... 

FSU tried for years to get into the SEC going back to the mid 60's 70's and 80's but UF blocked them and along with Georgia South Carolina and UF still does today.   That ship has sailed forever.. 

I am sure USF would beg to get into the ACC, but that is never going to happen, which is why I suggest both USF and UCF putting a full court press on the old Big 12/10.  The clock is ticking.

Start thinking proactive rather than reactive and you will begin to see the best course for USF and UCF for the future.
The real invite was coming, and they knew it. FSU didn't join, because they were pussies, plain and simple.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1990-09-16/sports/9009160264_1_sliger-join-the-acc-florida-state

They could have joined the SEC. They chose the ACC. Your spin is cute. As a school in Florida, they should have never even entertained the notion of joining an inferior football conference, but Bobby and the higher ups were clear in there reasoning to do so. The SEC wanted FSU. FSU was afraid of the playing in the SEC

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/1990-sec-expansion-southeastern-conference/

Florida State was clearly the SEC’s first choice. The major roadblock was scheduling. On August 3, Bobby Bowden admitted to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “I like to win games, and I can’t think of a tougher place to do that than the SEC.” Under the proposed division alignment, Florida State would face Florida, Auburn and Alabama every year, which raised objections from FSU Athletic Director Bob Goin. “Most conferences have got two really strong programs,” Bowden continued, “but top to bottom there isn’t one close to the SEC.”

Geesh, what a **CENSORED**.

Bowden still has the same philosophy on the matter, even when involving the Big 12, which of course, is no SEC:
“My message would be stay in the ACC,” Bowden told Arute in a transcript provided by SiriusXM. “Do you want to win a National Championship at Florida State?  You’ve got a better chance in the ACC than you have in the Big 12, or even the SEC.

“You say, ‘Well, gosh, they’re much stronger in those conferences.’  Yeah!  They beat up on each other and you can’t hardly get there.  You know what?  Florida State, wait ‘til you get good enough to rule the ACC then you start looking for someplace to jump.  But my opinion?  They should stay right where they are.”

Great philosophy Saint Bobby!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #55 : October 25, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »

Love those sources and their revisionist history on the proceedings.  How old were you at that time?  Despite the "gator" Orlando Sentinal and some SEC perspective filled with BS..  Not impressed with either article which are not completely factual..

The only arrogance was displayed by SEC as it always had been.  All they had to do was match the ACC's offer and FSU would have joined.  Instead they chose not to get in a bidding war over arguably one of the top 2 teams in college football.

Bowden has said a lot of things after the decision was made.  The point is factually the SEC never formally offered and voted on FSU becoming a member and actually before FSU was actually accepted by the ACC on a 2dn vote Joe Dean came on and stated "FSU was never seriously considered for membership".   I remember it well and heard him state it on TV. 

That being said with the recent expansion  before Missouri and A&M were selected WHY NOT AN OFFER TO FSU?       :o    Clearly FSU has more to offer in terms of National Presence than either of those teams.
Check the ratings!  FSU continues to have the longest continuous winning and bowl streak in all CFB.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #56 : October 25, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »

They did think "proactive" that's why USF decided to not renew contract with mid-major ucf so they could play UM, FSU, and UF........

BS !   UCF was not dropped so that USF could play Miami UF or FSU.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #57 : October 25, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

Love those sources and their revisionist history on the proceedings.  How old were you at that time?  Despite the "gator" Orlando Sentinal and some SEC perspective filled with BS..  Not impressed with either article which are not completely factual..

The only arrogance was displayed by SEC as it always had been.  All they had to do was match the ACC's offer and FSU would have joined.  Instead they chose not to get in a bidding war over arguably one of the top 2 teams in college football.

Bowden has said a lot of things after the decision was made.  The point is factually the SEC never formally offered and voted on FSU becoming a member and actually before FSU was actually accepted by the ACC on a 2dn vote Joe Dean came on and stated "FSU was never seriously considered for membership".   I remember it well and heard him state it on TV. 

That being said with the recent expansion  before Missouri and A&M were selected WHY NOT AN OFFER TO FSU?       :o    Clearly FSU has more to offer in terms of National Presence than either of those teams.
Check the ratings!  FSU continues to have the longest continuous winning and bowl streak in all CFB.
Yes, the formal offer was never made, but it was coming. FSU knew this.

But hey, screw "revisionist history", and print from 1990.

Dude, you don't remember stuff you've actually posted on this board before, much more recently than 1990.... Like that Alabama was too quick to pull the trigger on letting Mike Shula go.

I would hope FSU has maintained a winning record for all of these years. The ACC flat out SUCKS. I wonder if such a streak would have been maintained had they actually joined the true powerhouse conference like they should have.

We'll never know, because Bobby and his cronies were to bug of pussies.

Spew your nonsense about what you remember. There's plenty of links out there saying otherwise.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #58 : October 25, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

Yes they were along with other opponents of BCS conferences.   USF wasn't interested in a "rivalry" with a mid-major

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #59 : October 26, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »

Yes they were along with other opponents of BCS conferences.   USF wasn't interested in a "rivalry" with a mid-major

Nope they were not replacements for UCF and  with or without UCF still would have been scheduled.   Nothing wrong with testing yourself against programs with great traditions... Apples and Oranges..

For every potential positive you might receive by showing well against one of those schools, you get an extreme negative for avoiding another that truly is your Identical Twin and probably less than 75 miles away.

Anyway it is over as both USF and UCF are in the exact same place at the moment and that is not likely to change...  They will be playing each other every year at this time.   Don't you just love it?? ;D

Both are now not members of  the Big Boy conferences.. 

Time to embrace their rivalry and work together to try and get and invite to the Big 12.  Tick tick tick tick....
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools