Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Runole

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 26, 2013, 09:56:21 AM

Love those sources and their revisionist history on the proceedings.  How old were you at that time?  Despite the "gator" Orlando Sentinal and some SEC perspective filled with BS..  Not impressed with either article which are not completely factual..

The only arrogance was displayed by SEC as it always had been.  All they had to do was match the ACC's offer and FSU would have joined.  Instead they chose not to get in a bidding war over arguably one of the top 2 teams in college football.

Bowden has said a lot of things after the decision was made.  The point is factually the SEC never formally offered and voted on FSU becoming a member and actually before FSU was actually accepted by the ACC on a 2dn vote Joe Dean came on and stated "FSU was never seriously considered for membership".   I remember it well and heard him state it on TV. 

That being said with the recent expansion  before Missouri and A&M were selected WHY NOT AN OFFER TO FSU?       :o    Clearly FSU has more to offer in terms of National Presence than either of those teams.
Check the ratings!  FSU continues to have the longest continuous winning and bowl streak in all CFB.
Yes, the formal offer was never made, but it was coming. FSU knew this.

But hey, screw "revisionist history", and print from 1990.

Dude, you don't remember stuff you've actually posted on this board before, much more recently than 1990.... Like that Alabama was too quick to pull the trigger on letting Mike Shula go.

I would hope FSU has maintained a winning record for all of these years. The ACC flat out SUCKS. I wonder if such a streak would have been maintained had they actually joined the true powerhouse conference like they should have.

We'll never know, because Bobby and his cronies were to bug of pussies.

Spew your nonsense about what you remember. There's plenty of links out there saying otherwise.

"We'll never know, because Bobby and his cronies were to bug of pussies."  to bug??? Is this what a bama education does for someone? Not impressed!  LOL oh it is  (TOO BIG) :D

Really?   When was the last time Bama visited Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Ohio State, Nebraska ,Oklahoma etc etc?      LOL? Oh and when was the last time Bama came to FSU?

Look in the mirror to see who the real CHICKEN Wussie is?
:P   TOO FUNNY!   GAME SET MATCH!!

Oh and as you pole huff on  the Saban   check this out for accomplishment which I believe more than justifies stating BOBBY BOWDEN IS THE GREATEST COACH in College Football history..

Bobby Bowden, the man who somehow took the worst program in all of college football and turned them into an NCAA-recognized dynasty, will be back in Doak Campbell Stadium for the first time since he retired.

The all-time FBS leader in coaching victories is known for the most successful rebuilding project the sport has ever seen.

The 3 years before Bowden arrived, FSU went 4-29.  This was dead last in the NCAA.  Not nearly last. Not 2nd to last. Dead last.:

http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_records.php?fry=1973&thy=1975&cres=1&ascend=on

Just 1 year after taking over this horrendous program, he led the Seminoles to an unthinkable 10-2 season, a blowout win over the gators at the Swamp, and a bowl victory.

2 years after that, he led FSU to a perfect 11-0 regular season before losing in the Orange Bowl to Oklahoma.

2 years after that, he began a streak of going undefeated in 14 straight bowl games, an NCAA record.

And then in 1987 FSU began the 1st of 14 consecutive finishes in the top 5, a record that will probably never be broken. During this streak, FSU went an incomprehensible 57-17-1 vs ranked teams, 28 of those wins vs the top 10.

There have been other great coaches, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Woody Hayes, and now with Nick Saban.  But none built a dynasty completely from the ground up like Bowden did.

: October 26, 2013, 09:58:32 AM Runole

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 26, 2013, 01:48:48 PM

They did think "proactive" that's why USF decided to not renew contract with mid-major ucf so they could play UM, FSU, and UF........

BS !   UCF was not dropped so that USF could play Miami UF or FSU.

Yes they were along with other opponents of BCS conferences.   USF wasn't interested in a "rivalry" with a mid-major

Nope they were not replacements for UCF and  with or without UCF still would have been scheduled.   

Yes they were.  USF was not interested in a "rivalry" with the mid-major because they wanted to pursue games against BCS schools.   The rest of your post is more gibberish.  Par

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#62 : October 26, 2013, 03:06:53 PM

Haha USF is clearly a rung below my Knights now.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#63 : October 26, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

You can thank Skip Doltz for the team USF has today.

Taggart will need a while to clean up the mess he left.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 27, 2013, 09:26:02 PM

ucf is on their once every other decade or so dream season.   good chance to catch the bulls when they are down and ucf is up

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#65 : October 28, 2013, 12:05:10 AM

ucf is on their once every other decade or so dream season.   good chance to catch the bulls when they are down and ucf is up
The Bulls have been down for 3 years now.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#66 : October 28, 2013, 07:57:24 AM

As a college football fan and USF grad that actually understands what makes the sport truly special, I think it is great that USF and UCF will finally be playing each other every year.  The rivalry will be good for both schools as it may actually help both teams perception nationally of being no more than "commuter'" schools and actually get them more respected nationally.

"ucf is on their once every other decade or so dream season.   good chance to catch the bulls when they are down and ucf is up"

"The Bulls have been down for 3 years now:".

Now that is what I am talking about!   :D  One a diehard fan of USF and the other a fan of UCF.      You can just feel the hatred in the exchange....   Not hard to imagine how the WAR ON I-4 could actually be something special in the next 10 years.

Note:  Pay close attention to UCF being typed without capitals by Olaf!   TOO FUNNY!
: October 28, 2013, 08:05:19 AM Runole

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 31, 2013, 10:13:34 PM

ROBBED.   Absolutely robbed of a great comeback.  Looks like the Bulls may have found their QB.  And Taggart letting the referees have it.  Love it

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#68 : October 31, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

That play was like the Winslow call a few years ago.  A complete phantom call.

What even more B.S is that Houston's WR pushes off more obviously and the penalty flag gets picked up.

This game was really encouraging though.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 31, 2013, 10:21:47 PM

100 times worse.  The contact was initiated by the Houston DB.  Like you said, on the next drive the Houston WR pushed down our DB and they picked up the flag.   Major homer job against the Bulls and Taggart let them hear it some.  Good for him.  Shame on the AAC.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#70 : October 31, 2013, 10:32:29 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#71 : November 05, 2013, 09:52:21 AM

Love those sources and their revisionist history on the proceedings.  How old were you at that time?  Despite the "gator" Orlando Sentinal and some SEC perspective filled with BS..  Not impressed with either article which are not completely factual..

The only arrogance was displayed by SEC as it always had been.  All they had to do was match the ACC's offer and FSU would have joined.  Instead they chose not to get in a bidding war over arguably one of the top 2 teams in college football.

Bowden has said a lot of things after the decision was made.  The point is factually the SEC never formally offered and voted on FSU becoming a member and actually before FSU was actually accepted by the ACC on a 2dn vote Joe Dean came on and stated "FSU was never seriously considered for membership".   I remember it well and heard him state it on TV. 

That being said with the recent expansion  before Missouri and A&M were selected WHY NOT AN OFFER TO FSU?       :o    Clearly FSU has more to offer in terms of National Presence than either of those teams.
Check the ratings!  FSU continues to have the longest continuous winning and bowl streak in all CFB.
Yes, the formal offer was never made, but it was coming. FSU knew this.

But hey, screw "revisionist history", and print from 1990.

Dude, you don't remember stuff you've actually posted on this board before, much more recently than 1990.... Like that Alabama was too quick to pull the trigger on letting Mike Shula go.

I would hope FSU has maintained a winning record for all of these years. The ACC flat out SUCKS. I wonder if such a streak would have been maintained had they actually joined the true powerhouse conference like they should have.

We'll never know, because Bobby and his cronies were to bug of pussies.

Spew your nonsense about what you remember. There's plenty of links out there saying otherwise.

"We'll never know, because Bobby and his cronies were to bug of pussies."  to bug??? Is this what a bama education does for someone? Not impressed!  LOL oh it is  (TOO BIG) :D

Really?   When was the last time Bama visited Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Ohio State, Nebraska ,Oklahoma etc etc?      LOL? Oh and when was the last time Bama came to FSU?

Look in the mirror to see who the real CHICKEN Wussie is?
:P   TOO FUNNY!   GAME SET MATCH!!

Oh and as you pole huff on  the Saban   check this out for accomplishment which I believe more than justifies stating BOBBY BOWDEN IS THE GREATEST COACH in College Football history..

Bobby Bowden, the man who somehow took the worst program in all of college football and turned them into an NCAA-recognized dynasty, will be back in Doak Campbell Stadium for the first time since he retired.

The all-time FBS leader in coaching victories is known for the most successful rebuilding project the sport has ever seen.

The 3 years before Bowden arrived, FSU went 4-29.  This was dead last in the NCAA.  Not nearly last. Not 2nd to last. Dead last.:

http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_records.php?fry=1973&thy=1975&cres=1&ascend=on

Just 1 year after taking over this horrendous program, he led the Seminoles to an unthinkable 10-2 season, a blowout win over the gators at the Swamp, and a bowl victory.

2 years after that, he led FSU to a perfect 11-0 regular season before losing in the Orange Bowl to Oklahoma.

2 years after that, he began a streak of going undefeated in 14 straight bowl games, an NCAA record.

And then in 1987 FSU began the 1st of 14 consecutive finishes in the top 5, a record that will probably never be broken. During this streak, FSU went an incomprehensible 57-17-1 vs ranked teams, 28 of those wins vs the top 10.

There have been other great coaches, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Woody Hayes, and now with Nick Saban.  But none built a dynasty completely from the ground up like Bowden did.
How is any of this relevant, other than so many of those accomplishments/streaks would have never occurred had FSU joined a powerhouse football conference, instead of the pathetic ACC, guaranteeing them a soft schedule every year? Quit deflecting.

I like Bowden. He's not a better coach than Saban, but that's a different argument.

FSU not joining the SEC was the biggest **CENSORED** move in the history of College Football in Florida. They could have joined, but did not want to play an SEC schedule.

ETA: GAME SET MATCH LOL ROFLMAO LOLLERSKATES U MAD U HAVE THE GHEY EMOTICON BLAH BLAH EMOTICON BLAH!!!!!!!!

: November 05, 2013, 09:57:08 AM MrFreakinMiyagi

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#72 : November 06, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

ROBBED.   Absolutely robbed of a great comeback.  Looks like the Bulls may have found their QB.  And Taggart letting the referees have it.  Love it

About time the QB carousel was a bit dizzying but it appears to be over..for now.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#73 : November 06, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

: Yesterday at 09:57:08 AM MrFreakinMiyagi

"How is any of this relevant, other than so many of those accomplishments/streaks would have never occurred had FSU joined a powerhouse football conference, instead of the pathetic ACC, guaranteeing them a soft schedule every year? Quit deflecting"
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sagarin Final SOS comparing the most dominant SEC team over the last 2 decades FLORIDA with FSU...

Florida's SEC winning % since 1992   77.5%       FSU vs Florida since 1987    15-12 - 1  Your point?

Overall winning %......

3rd  UF  1992-2013  77.31winning %   4th   FSU 77.20%      23rd  Alabama 64.5%

1998 FSU =  5th      UF = 47th
1999 FSU =  11th    UF  = 12th
2000 FSU =  12th    UF  = 27th
2001 FSU =  2nd    UF  = 23rd
2002 FSU =  3rd      UF=   9th
2003 FSU = 2nd       UF = 7th
2004 FSU =  29th     UF =  57th
2005 FSU =  30th     UF = 40th
2006  FSU =  39th    UF = 8th
2007  FSU  = 22nd    UF = 3rd
2008  FSU = 48th     UF = 4th
2009  FSU = 3rd       UF  = 15th
2010  FSU  = 18th    Uf = 21st
2011 FSU =   69th     UF = 21st  12th game
2011 FSU  =  68th      UF  22nd                                   Final after bowls
2012 FSU  = 66th

1988 FSU = 15th    UF = 54th
1989 FSU =  3rd     UF =  29th
1990 FSU = 25th     UF = 48th
1991 FSU = 19th     UF = 11th
1992 FSU = 9th       UF = 2nd

Current Sagarin SOS     FSU  54th   Alabama 47th        Sure doesn't look that much different to me?   What was that point you were trying to make?  :D

Oh and FSU SOS has been rather abysmal due to all the cancellation of games recently but I guarantee it will be one of the toughest in the NATION next year.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

: Yesterday at 09:57:08 AM MrFreakinMiyagi

"ETA: GAME SET MATCH LOL ROFLMAO LOLLERSKATES U MAD U HAVE THE GHEY EMOTICON BLAH BLAH EMOTICON BLAH!!!!!!!!"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this some sort of Southern fried illiteracy competing with Ebonics?  Is this some sort of Alabamy ghetto English?

Like taking Candy from a baby!   Congrats on the Tides success the last few years!  :D

FSU hasn't played the tide for quite some time do you recall the last time they played and what was the result?

I post facts you post drivel.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#74 : November 07, 2013, 01:46:30 PM

Your point?[/b][/size]

FSU could have joined to SEC, but chose not to, because they were pussies.

How many times do I (and Bobby Bowden) have to say it before it sinks in, you dolt?

Biggest **CENSORED** move in the history of Florida College Football, and it's not close.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm ashamed by the fact USF even has a football team... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools