Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black's hit on Graham. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 16, 2013, 06:49:48 AM

His was the only one I could stomach being called against us... but it was still a little bit worth it. It's about time Jimmy Graham start realizing he'll have a price to pay when he comes across the middle. Sure the 15 yards hurt there but now he knows to think twice. May very save us down the line come time for Graham to alligator arm a pass.

Amen .....make his ass pay ....every time .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

STERN11354

Starter

#16 : September 16, 2013, 07:42:47 AM

If we would field a team of little people on offense, with their "strike zone" being so small, do you think we'd get the incidental helmet to helmet calls that are getting called on our defense? Just a thought.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 16, 2013, 07:49:33 AM

His was the only one I could stomach being called against us... but it was still a little bit worth it. It's about time Jimmy Graham start realizing he'll have a price to pay when he comes across the middle. Sure the 15 yards hurt there but now he knows to think twice. May very save us down the line come time for Graham to alligator arm a pass.

Didnt he make that big catch the very next play? This  intimidation theory you people have doesn't appear to be true. The flags we are drawing are very real.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 16, 2013, 07:57:16 AM

Didnt he make that big catch the very next play? This  intimidation theory you people have doesn't appear to be true. The flags we are drawing are very real.

100% agree.  Graham also caught a big catch in the middle of the field on the final drive...and Colston didn't seem to have "alligator arms" on that catch down the seam to put them in XP range. I'm not buying this "footsteps" theory. Opposing WRs know their is danger anytime they are going for grabs in the middle of the field. V-Jax took several big hits immediately after grabbing a pass. The danger is present with every team. The difference between us and the other teams is that we don't have the fundamentals to get the hits without being penalized. Poor coaching was the cause of those penalties...not the refs, Goodell, the competition committee, etc.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 16, 2013, 08:26:34 AM

I didn't like that hit, it was a little something more than hitting a defenseless receiver, the hit was also late. Not my cup of tea I guess, but I like that Black is playing aggressively.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 16, 2013, 08:30:00 AM

Seriously Chace ? Are you saying Clayborns hit was dirty and the result of poor coaching also ? Bullshlt. These guys are just playing football.
: September 16, 2013, 08:53:18 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

sounds7

Practice Squad

#21 : September 16, 2013, 08:56:59 AM

Guys, These are the times that Roger Goodell has brought us to. You are going to see these types of hits penalized all year long and defenses are going to have to adjust or get slapped with penalties and fines. There seems to be more debate on here regarding the AC hit on Brees than the Black hit . So let me address that one. I dont believe AC intended on hitting Brees in the Chin with his helmet and he actually does launch himself shoulder first. BUT you go back and look at tape, Brees takes contact from AC on the chin on that tackle which in Roger Goodells NFL is a personal foul. Like it or not, those are the rules.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 16, 2013, 09:01:53 AM

Quote from: sounds7
Guys, These are the times that Roger Goodell has brought us to. You are going to see these types of hits penalized all year long and defenses are going to have to adjust or get slapped with penalties and fines. There seems to be more debate on here regarding the AC hit on Brees than the Black hit . So let me address that one. I dont believe AC intended on hitting Brees in the Chin with his helmet and he actually does launch himself shoulder first. BUT you go back and look at tape, Brees takes contact from AC on the chin on that tackle which in Roger Goodells NFL is a personal foul. Like it or not, those are the rules.

Bill Leavy was sooooo dreamy when he threw that one flag, I think it was a false start penalty earlier in the game. The way it spiraled out of control into the endless oblivion of green that is Raymond James' field. They don't make referees like Bill anymore, he's a once in a generation officiating engineer, we used to call him "The Chosen One" back in my grade school days. We knew he was going to be big time, you just knew it when old Bill walked in. There was always something about him, that said, "Yeah, this guy is going to be throwing around yellow handkerchiefs one day".

blah

Second String

#23 : September 16, 2013, 09:29:48 AM

I personally loved the hit. Shut your yap Jimmy.or.get put.to sleep

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 16, 2013, 09:32:12 AM

Call on AC was bullshlt. Clean hit. Clean.

sounds7

Practice Squad

#25 : September 16, 2013, 10:11:50 AM

Stupid penalty... and Graham should have been off the field for the remainder of that drive.

Those rules dont apply on a personal foul penalty

m_j

Starter

#26 : September 16, 2013, 10:17:24 AM

That hit was sooooo stupid and unnecessary. Those moves  lose  games!!!!

Schiano is not managing those things well. As a coach you have to control and manage your players. Of course, sometimes they freak out, and you can't do anyhing, but this happens week by week with our team.  :'(

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#27 : September 16, 2013, 10:20:49 AM

Call on AC was bullshlt. Clean hit. Clean.
Agree %100. That play had me fuming for 2 hours, hell I'm still fuming. Black's hit, however, was stupid and costly. I can't believe he actually celebrated that hit... Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Graham get his bell wrung but that hit was inexcusable and I hated not being able to blame the refs for that.

Not living, just killing time.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 16, 2013, 10:59:57 AM

The Saints didn't get any points as a result of that penalty. Zero.

The quest for .500 begins...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 16, 2013, 11:24:12 AM

Graham is an arrogant bastard who colors his hair.

I like that our defense old schooled him.   The entertainment value was high for me.   

It could only possbily be higher  if Mike Smith were to take a hit on the sideline during our game with the Falcons. ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black's hit on Graham. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools