Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black's hit on Graham. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 16, 2013, 11:32:11 AM

The Saints didn't get any points as a result of that penalty. Zero.

So you are in favour of going offside on FG tries? Lets make the penalties 'effectiv' by causing more penalties?

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#31 : September 16, 2013, 11:37:14 AM

If you're referring to Clayborn's sack you're right, but it potentially cost us points. We would have been in FG position already...

Not living, just killing time.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 16, 2013, 11:42:26 AM

Seriously Chace ? Are you saying Clayborns hit was dirty and the result of poor coaching also ? Bullshlt. These guys are just playing football.

The Clayborn call was bogus, as I have said in other threads. The rest of them, poor fundamentals.

Goldson is gonna get one of our own players hurt with his recklessness.  Twice last night, he went in with his head lowered and one of his own players took a blow to the head. One on Barron, the other on Foster. What happens when he does this and causes a Buc to sit out the rest of the game with a concussion? Will excuses still be made for him when he hurts one of our own cause he refuses to raise his head and see what he is hitting?

It's gonna happen eventually if he doesn't lift his head when he flies in.

Be a punisher, hit opposing players late, but don't risk the heatlh of your teammates because you are determined to strike with your crown. That's my beef.
: September 16, 2013, 11:44:03 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#33 : September 16, 2013, 01:54:06 PM

So you are in favour of going offside on FG tries? Lets make the penalties 'effectiv' by causing more penalties?

It could have led to points. But it didn't, Francis.

The quest for .500 begins...

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 16, 2013, 02:19:06 PM

It could have led to points. But it didn't, Francis.

I do not see why we should downplay Blacks penalty...because it did not lead to points by coincidence?

We seem to have no problem with relativizing Raheems 10-6 season or Freemans 95.9 year either. Why are we into absoluts so much here?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#35 : September 16, 2013, 02:35:39 PM

Good day, sir.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 16, 2013, 02:48:18 PM

Yea...no one can ever figure out WTF that dude is trying to say.

"Good day, sir" is the perfect response.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 16, 2013, 04:02:17 PM

You may have a point Chace , but if you admit the Clayborn hit was clean , it seems to me to indicate we are going to get hosed by the refs no matter what we do . If its a hard hit the flag is coming out. This league is pussified , and I refuse to get on board and accept faulting football players for being physical. Thats not part of the game I grew up loving.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 16, 2013, 04:12:52 PM

The problem with Black's hit was twofold.  First, it was late.  Second, it was blatantly helmet-to-helmet.

That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy seeing that piece of crap get his clock cleaned, but it was an awful play from Black.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 16, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

Question...

The TE is 6'7", Black is 5'9"...

Where is the "strike zone" on that?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2013, 04:34:25 PM

You may have a point Chace , but if you admit the Clayborn hit was clean , it seems to me to indicate we are going to get hosed by the refs no matter what we do . If its a hard hit the flag is coming out. This league is pussified , and I refuse to get on board and accept faulting football players for being physical. Thats not part of the game I grew up loving.

No it says that the league calls borderline calls right. Happens in all sorts of hits like that. The problem we have is that we keep making those same hits.  Those mental midgets in PIT thought the league was aft Eric them too.. They weren't they just had a lot of high and late hits.  The league was "after" Goldson in SF but I guess not anyone else on SF.  Poor Dashon so picked on by the league, maybe he and Suh can go have a pity party together.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#41 : September 16, 2013, 04:51:01 PM

The problem with Black's hit was twofold.  First, it was late.  Second, it was blatantly helmet-to-helmet.

That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy seeing that piece of crap get his clock cleaned, but it was an awful play from Black.

Well said.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 16, 2013, 04:52:42 PM

No it says that the league calls borderline calls right. .

My god , you're an idiot . Go watch soccer , pansy.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 16, 2013, 05:47:04 PM

My god , you're an idiot . Go watch soccer , pansy.

Right, when have you EVER been taught to hit high? Newsflash tough guy, anyone can hit a man high. That takes zero toughness. Get your head across a body and put your shoulder into a guys chest and take him on.   Whacking a helpless guy who is down, high like Black did is monumentally dumb and cowardly. 

Again, for all you mental midgets watch other teams play and realize they don't have as many problems as we have. What we are doing isn't tough football, it is stupid football.

As an aside I really hate Junior High crap about pansies and trying to be a big tough guy. You sound pathetic.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 16, 2013, 05:52:43 PM

I don't think the Clayborn hit was a penalty.  I do think Black's hit was a cheap shot, and he should/could have been kicked out of the game based upon that hit.  Clayborn and Brees contact was nothing like that - but for the helmets banging against each other.  Not a hit to the head - the helmets doing what they are supposed to do.  As for the NFL becoming pussified - I don't like it - but then again I don't like it when I see helmets used as weapons, or someone takes a shot at a guy on the ground then prances about like he has done something worthy of praise.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black's hit on Graham. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools