Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shooting in DC Navy Facility « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#15 : September 24, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

I tried to keep it "politically correct" with my initial response, but I'll clear it up, ethnicity demographics. Put thousands of African Americans in a poverty-stricken city, and you will have murder rates that rival 2004 Baghdad. I hope speaking the truth doesn't get me banned.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 24, 2013, 05:18:52 AM

I tried to keep it "politically correct" with my initial response, but I'll clear it up, ethnicity demographics. Put thousands of African Americans in a poverty-stricken city, and you will have murder rates that rival 2004 Baghdad. I hope speaking the truth doesn't get me banned.

add in 300 million guns and you have a lot of gun violence:

"McCarthy said an assault-style rifle with a high capacity magazine was used in the shooting at Cornell Square Park, on the 1800 block of W. 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. Witnesses said several gunmen fired at least 20 shots at a group shortly before 10:15 p.m., and the spray of bullets sent a mass of people to the ground on the basketball courts.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-suspects-Back-of-the-Yards-Shooting-Spree-224871622.html#ixzz2fneS0quj"

Add in stupid people chanting pro-gun stupidity like "Chicago has the toughest gun laws" . . .  . and you might start to question how those same people would feel if the gun violence was happening in their neighborhood.  There are several reasons for the apathy, I guess.

Btw, I hear Chicago has asked the Corp of Engineers to dig a15 mile wide moat around the City and to encase the city in a plastic bubble . . . I guess they are taking those steps because the guns used illegally in Chicago DON'T come in from outside the city . . . . . ugh . .

Oh yeah . . and the "assault style rifle with a high capacity magazine . .used in the shooting at Cornell Square Park" very likely started it's life in the stream of commerce as a LEGAL gun . . .  because . . . ya know . . . we can never have enough assault rifles.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 24, 2013, 08:59:16 AM

Nitwit still thinks "assault-style" means assault rifle. "Assault-style" means made to visually resemble an assault rifle, but without its capacities.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 24, 2013, 09:12:29 AM

Surprised?  It's his main argument strategy.  make something up, say it over and over again, call other posters names, declare himself right and those that disagree ignorant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 24, 2013, 04:29:31 PM

Nitwit still thinks "assault-style" means assault rifle. "Assault-style" means made to visually resemble an assault rifle, but without its capacities.

yawn

still covering up for another one of your mistakes (Illuminator = "that is a blatant lie")   LOL

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 24, 2013, 04:30:55 PM

witness the nipple sucking huddle. Illuminator's post up here^^^^ followed by this cowardly post, Olaf looking for comfort:

Surprised?  It's his main argument strategy.  make something up, say it over and over again, call other posters names, declare himself right and those that disagree ignorant

LOL, this is why Olaf needs someone to comfort him:

Am I ashamed?

1. Ashamed (see below)
2. Cant read (see below)
3. Coward (see below)

still no Olaf

still no olaf

Still no Olaf

deflection

That is precisely what you are doing. Not sure why you seem to think that isnt obvious to everyone. In fact, your Herculian efforts to NOT answer these simple questions:

If you consider clicking on a very free and very public web site that exists for the purpose looking up attorneys in the state of florida to be "research"

Now you admit to the "research" part   - - you actually tired to figure out from my screen name who I was -- so let's see you admit WHY YOU RESEARCHED ME Olaf . . . .

Olaf . . . you researched me because you wanted to make it clear to me that you knew who I was, right?  And the reason you wanted to make that clear to me is you thought it would intimidate me, right?

Is really an ADMISSION . . . a cowardly admission, but an admission nonetheless.

Olaf, I am happy to keep making my point that you are a deranged coward . . . so by all means, just keep avoiding those simple questions in blue. I guess you're not embarrassed. I would be.  Another BIG difference between you and me.  So, I will keep pointing out the contrast and you keep going with the schoolyard "I know I am but what about you"

lmao, at your having nothing more than a recycled Illuminator gum ball machine taunt.

Olaf is ASHAMED of himself because not only did he lose control over a discussion on a football message board .. and not only did he take the time to research who I was (you can meet me in person at a G2G-lol).  .. . but he did ALL OF THAT . . . .  wait for it  . . . . BECAUSE . . .he wanted to make it clear to me that you knew who I was .  . and the reason for that is because .  . . (don't laugh, keep reading) . . .  because he  thought it would intimidate me. . .  lol

Olaf's so ashamed of himself for doing that that he cant bring himself to admit he did all that even though its all in print.

: September 24, 2013, 04:32:51 PM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 24, 2013, 07:04:44 PM

An assault rifle is a weapon that can switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. If it only fires semiautomatic, it is not an assault rifle. An "assault weapon" is not an assault rifle, it is a made up term that means nothing. An "assault style" weapon looks like an assault rifle, but does not have the fully automatic capability required to make it an assault rifle.

There is no mistake on my part, just you peddling the same old bull in a desperate bid for attention.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 24, 2013, 07:09:19 PM

An assault rifle is a weapon that can switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. If it only fires semiautomatic, it is not an assault rifle. An "assault weapon" is not an assault rifle, it is a made up term that means nothing. An "assault style" weapon looks like an assault rifle, but does not have the fully automatic capability required to make it an assault rifle.

There is no mistake on my part, just you peddling the same old bull in a desperate bid for attention.

That's just a silly lie, but that's okay . .  not worth wasting my time.  You did what you are prone to do which is you made a comment you couldn't support  -- the comment being that you couldnt buy an assault rifle online without  a background check. Your objection was not to the technical definition, it was to the question of buying online (something you have disputed before).  The technical definition was a fallback when you realized you were wrong.

Frankly, I dont understand how someone can have such a fragile ego that they cant admit mistake. It doesnt invalidate your position to admit mistake, if anything if gives you credibility . . .  but oh well

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 24, 2013, 07:28:40 PM

Problem with your theory is that I wasn't wrong. And what I actually said was you can't legally buy an assault rifle online. You can't buy one at all without permission from the B.A.T.F.  Now, sure, you can find plenty of people who don't know the difference, and quite a few who will pander to the ignorant by telling them it's an assault rifle, but they are not assault rifles.

By the way, I could place an ad in the paper saying I have a neutron bomb for sale. Does this mean I can legally sell you an atomic weapon? According to you it does, but then again, you're an imbecile.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 24, 2013, 07:34:46 PM

Problem with your theory is that I wasn't wrong. And what I actually said was you can't legally buy an assault rifle online. You can't buy one at all without permission from the B.A.T.F.  Now, sure, you can find plenty of people who don't know the difference, and quite a few who will pander to the ignorant by telling them it's an assault rifle, but they are not assault rifles.

By the way, I could place an ad in the paper saying I have a neutron bomb for sale. Does this mean I can legally sell you an atomic weapon? According to you it does, but then again, you're an imbecile.

fair enough illuminator, not that big of a deal

"FOR SALE: AMD 65 ASSAULT RIFLE 7.62 X 39"

FOR SALE/TRADE: ASSAULT RIFLE - CETME 7.62X51 / 308

FOR SALE: $1650 KEL TEC RFB .308 ASSAULT RIFLE W/2 20 RD MAGS
: September 24, 2013, 07:39:04 PM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 24, 2013, 07:47:02 PM

Availability in the United States
 "Many AMD-65s were exported to the United States and sold in kit form following the destruction of the receiver, which legally rendered the weapon to the status of a non-firearm. In order to be legally reassembled, the parts must be rebuilt on a US-made receiver which lacks the provisions for certain parts which would make it capable of automatic fire."

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 24, 2013, 07:47:50 PM

Again, the Kel-Tec is a semiautomatic.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 24, 2013, 07:51:26 PM

"In the late 90's Century Arms International (CAI) began offering semiautomatic only civilian versions known as the CETME Sporter, which are manufactured from assembled military surplus and US made parts."

Hmm... "semiautomatic only." What do you suppose that means, Vin?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 24, 2013, 07:57:52 PM

Again, the Kel-Tec is a semiautomatic.

yeah, the gun owners who posted those ads are just stupid  . . .lol . . . but they dont appear to be . . . fragile

(for what its worth, I am aware of the technical distinction you are making NOW even if it was NOT your point before BUT my original comment was using the words "assault rifle" as they are commonly used* not in the technical sense. You can buy what people generally refer to as "assault rifles" -- the same weapons used to murder innocent children in Sandy Hook and innocent people of all ages in Denver . .  and in other mass murders -- online and WITHOUT a background check. Simple truth, but you can keep playing your game oh fragile one)

* "The term "assault rifle" is often more loosely used for commercial or political reasons to include other types of arms, particularly arms that fall under a strict definition of the battle rifle, or semi-automatic variant of military rifles such as AR-15s."

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 24, 2013, 09:20:54 PM

"yeah, the gun owners who posted those ads are just stupid  . . .lol . . "

No, they thought you were stupid enough to fall for it. And they were correct.

Now let's continue. And by continue I mean review material that's been covered many times, just not enough times for you to catch on:

You cannot legally purchase firearms of any type online. You can advertise them online, but you cannot legally purchase them. You must meet the seller in person, or have the firearm shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer. It is illegal for the seller or buyer to cross state lines to conduct the transaction. In that case, brokerage through a federally licensed firearms dealer is the only option.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shooting in DC Navy Facility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools