Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHo do you want as coach for next season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

swamp_bats

Starter
: September 16, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

I've seen a lot of Lovie and Gruden love flying around on here lately. I could find reasons to like either of them as our next coach. However I see the chance of Jon coming back as slim and do we really wanna go back to Dungyish Buc ball? Wouldn't Reivs be wasted and unhappy going to a Tampa 2 system where cover corners aren't really needed?
Who else would the board like to see running the ship? Some names I think could be interesting:

Mike Zimmer :  I believe he was on the list last time thru. Gotta love the defense he is putting out in Cinn right now.
Jay Gruden: This one I really like. He has history running a team as a head coach. He has his brother to lean on for advice and ideas. I think he is gonna be a good head coach when he gets his shot. Already a legend of sorts in Tampa.
Rex Ryan: I know there would be eye rolls and hell no with this one but the dude can coach some defense. Has a history and know how to use Revis. Already would have a better offense than he had in NY and came close twice there.

Personally I am wanting a Gruden for our next coach. Jon would be best, Jay would be cool too.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 16, 2013, 03:53:55 PM

I'd go with Rex but we don't have the personnel for a 3-4

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#2 : September 16, 2013, 03:54:52 PM

Schaino

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#3 : September 16, 2013, 03:55:40 PM

He's got a history of supporting an awful QB

Sounds right up your alley

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 16, 2013, 03:57:22 PM

If not Schiano then:

Greg Roman

David Shaw (Stanford)

Mike Zimmer

Vic Fangio

Jay Gruden

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 16, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

He's got a history of supporting an awful QB

Sounds right up your alley
Media isn't blaming Freeman for either loss. YOU armchair GM's are the only guys doing so. What did Freeman do at the beginning of the game? Here's one for ya. What did the D do at the end of both games?

Defend the D all you want, but at the end of the day, the D gave up the yards. Revis should have been covering Colston, but instead we had LJ doing so. But hey, go ahead and place the blame solely on Freeman.

#dropouts #freehaturds

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 16, 2013, 04:08:59 PM

Raheen Morris

BucD

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 16, 2013, 04:10:26 PM

If not Schiano then:

Greg Roman

Mike Zimmer

David Shaw (Stanford) - Although they most likely would not go back to the college ranks

19bucs19

Second String

#8 : September 16, 2013, 04:10:49 PM

Lets go get a crappy coach from the Big East, yeahhh that's the ticket!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 16, 2013, 04:14:07 PM

Greg Roman with Rex Ryan as d coordinator

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

zsmith22

Starter

#10 : September 16, 2013, 04:14:30 PM

I know it's a long shot, but I would absolutely love to have Jon gruden come back. He still lives in Tampa, loves the area, and has said how much he would have loved to have this current team while he was coaching. He even picked us to win the NFC south, and he might be someone the glazers could lure with some big money.

Back to reality: I think Mike Zimmer is what we wanted schiano to be. A badass, disciplined, but likeable coach. He took a terrible bengals d and has made them one of the best in the league. He would make our defense among the top 3 in the league. Players love zimmer, and I'm still kind of confused as to why we didn't hire him last time around.

If we're to go with the college routes again, I think David shaw, bill o Brian, and Charlie strong could be good fits. Charlie strong is an interesting one, having little nfl experience, but the guy gets his players motivated, and is a great defensive mind.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 16, 2013, 04:16:41 PM

Tough question. Id like to see a guy that has NFL HC experience. I don't think i want Lovie as we have personnel that can play aggressive defense and I think the Tampa 2 is a little outdated. I would like to see the Glazers explore Mike Holmgren, as long as we could still have a GM. Mike Sherman should get an interview as well...I think Schottenheimer should seriously be interviewed, I am still upset they did not hire him in the first place. Holmgren has won a superbowl so I think he would be my number 1 choice, provided he was willing to draft a young QB (if Glennon sucks) and allow for a GM. We need a HC who wants a 4-3 aggressive defense, which fits our personnel and continue to develop these young guys while draft to replace the vets.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 16, 2013, 04:16:44 PM

I've seen a lot of Lovie and Gruden love flying around on here lately. I could find reasons to like either of them as our next coach. However I see the chance of Jon coming back as slim and do we really wanna go back to Dungyish Buc ball? Wouldn't Reivs be wasted and unhappy going to a Tampa 2 system where cover corners aren't really needed?
Who else would the board like to see running the ship? Some names I think could be interesting:

Mike Zimmer :  I believe he was on the list last time thru. Gotta love the defense he is putting out in Cinn right now.
Jay Gruden: This one I really like. He has history running a team as a head coach. He has his brother to lean on for advice and ideas. I think he is gonna be a good head coach when he gets his shot. Already a legend of sorts in Tampa.
Rex Ryan: I know there would be eye rolls and hell no with this one but the dude can coach some defense. Has a history and know how to use Revis. Already would have a better offense than he had in NY and came close twice there.

Personally I am wanting a Gruden for our next coach. Jon would be best, Jay would be cool too.

Still going for the same guy I wanted when they hired Schiano.  I like Pete Carmichael.

Overall though, any offensive minded coach will do.  If they hire another stupid defensive minded coach, I'm going to punch someone.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 16, 2013, 04:24:18 PM

If you aren't a complete fool you want Schiano as our coach next season. As we're seeing with Freeman when a new coach comes aboard often times things don't go so smoothly. This is very common in professional sports, coaches like to bring in their own guys. You people really want to bring another coach and start this process all over again?

This Schiano bashing nonsense reminds me a lot of how liberals in this country act. They don't care if what they're asking for is completely absurd, and actually a detriment to the team/society, they just want to get their way.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 16, 2013, 04:26:14 PM

This team is obviously poorly coached bro. Any fool can see that.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHo do you want as coach for next season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools