Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHo do you want as coach for next season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 16, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

I love the "why hasnt Schiano replaced Freeman already" argument  . . lol
What do you think were Schiano's expectations for Freeman this season?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 16, 2013, 05:06:44 PM

If you aren't a complete fool you want Schiano as our coach next season. As we're seeing with Freeman when a new coach comes aboard often times things don't go so smoothly. This is very common in professional sports, coaches like to bring in their own guys. You people really want to bring another coach and start this process all over again?

This Schiano bashing nonsense reminds me a lot of how liberals in this country act. They don't care if what they're asking for is completely absurd, and actually a detriment to the team/society, they just want to get their way.
Coming from a guy who bashed Raheem Morris when he was winning, we're just supposed to sit idle when Schiano is on a 1-7 run? QB is the most important position in the game. Schiano had 3 years of tapeon Freeman from before he was hired and another 16 games last season. If it's so obvious Freeman is so terrible, when the heck is Schiano going to replace him?

Because they've spent money the past two offseasons, I think they are trying to avoid "throwing in the towel" by benching Freeman in favor of Glennon. Look around this board, there are still many fans who don't believe Freeman is the problem. Even though he is, that's pretty indisputable at this point, the masses will melt down even more if a change of that magnitude is made. Our franchise is basically at the mercy of the least knowledgeable faction of our fan base.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#32 : September 16, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

I'd go with Rex but we don't have the personnel for a 3-4
He's got a history of supporting an awful QB

Sounds right up your alley
Media isn't blaming Freeman for either loss. YOU armchair GM's are the only guys doing so. What did Freeman do at the beginning of the game? Here's one for ya. What did the D do at the end of both games?

Defend the D all you want, but at the end of the day, the D gave up the yards. Revis should have been covering Colston, but instead we had LJ doing so. But hey, go ahead and place the blame solely on Freeman.

#dropouts #freehaturds
for a guy who calls people drop outs, you seem to forget this isn't twitter but in fact a place for intelligent people to discuss football. go back to your home

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 16, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

If you aren't a complete fool you want Schiano as our coach next season. As we're seeing with Freeman when a new coach comes aboard often times things don't go so smoothly. This is very common in professional sports, coaches like to bring in their own guys. You people really want to bring another coach and start this process all over again?

This Schiano bashing nonsense reminds me a lot of how liberals in this country act. They don't care if what they're asking for is completely absurd, and actually a detriment to the team/society, they just want to get their way.
Coming from a guy who bashed Raheem Morris when he was winning, we're just supposed to sit idle when Schiano is on a 1-7 run? QB is the most important position in the game. Schiano had 3 years of tapeon Freeman from before he was hired and another 16 games last season. If it's so obvious Freeman is so terrible, when the heck is Schiano going to replace him?

Because they've spent money the past two offseasons, I think they are trying to avoid "throwing in the towel" by benching Freeman in favor of Glennon. Look around this board, there are still many fans who don't believe Freeman is the problem. Even though he is, that's pretty indisputable at this point, the masses will melt down even more if a change of that magnitude is made. Our franchise is basically at the mercy of the least knowledgeable faction of our fan base.
So Schiano is intentionally playing a horrible QB, and losing, because that's what the fans want? That's what the leadership at the top of the organization has determined is the best plan?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 16, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Escobar - are you not seeing the non-qb errors by linemen and receivers?  Did you not read about Freeman being told to stay in the pocket, wear a knee brace, limit his running?  Do you see the lack of a TE, a third WR... then have you looked at the play calls?  Do you not find yourself anticipating the play from the down, distance and formation - bucs aren't fooling anyone... playing sooo conservatively with too many errors to cover with that type of play.  Hmmm. better add in my very humble opinion

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 16, 2013, 05:19:17 PM

So Schiano is intentionally playing a horrible QB, and losing, because that's what the fans want? That's what the leadership at the top of the organization has determined is the best plan?

I don't think it's what Schiano wants at all, it's what the owners want. They have a 1st round pick QB, a guy they traded up to get, and have five years invested in him. I think they'll make the change during our bye week, that will give Glennon another few weeks to get prepared.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 16, 2013, 05:19:40 PM

I love the "why hasnt Schiano replaced Freeman already" argument  . . lol
What do you think were Schiano's expectations for Freeman this season?

lol. pul-lease ^^^^. . . . that's a different issue than the (false) argument you're making, from what I recall you've been suggesting that Schiano shouldve already moved on from Free, like he had Brady sitting on the bench and like the team he coaches has NO INVESTMENT in Free and like he is an autocrat. . . lol

If I recall, I think you even tried to compare Schiano's handling of Free to Del Rio decision to bench Lewftwich, right?  Didnt you leave out that Del Rio had Garrard, who had demonstrated over a couple seasons that he was a capable NFL QB?  (Maybe you put that in and I missed it?)

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 16, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

Whoever can get us there again, that's who I want as my coach.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 16, 2013, 05:21:08 PM

No its because he doesnt like Orlovsky :-)

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 16, 2013, 05:26:27 PM

Escobar - are you not seeing the non-qb errors by linemen and receivers?  Did you not read about Freeman being told to stay in the pocket, wear a knee brace, limit his running?  Do you see the lack of a TE, a third WR... then have you looked at the play calls?  Do you not find yourself anticipating the play from the down, distance and formation - bucs aren't fooling anyone... playing sooo conservatively with too many errors to cover with that type of play.  Hmmm. better add in my very humble opinion

There are other problems, sure, but you start with the biggest problem. You don't worry about a TE when your QB is inept. We replace Freeman and everything improves from there. The reality is we don't know what this offense is capable of, or what Sullivan is capable of, because Freeman can't execute the offense properly. A lot of the restrictions imposed on Freeman by the staff are most likely a result of their lack of confidence in him, and for good reason. Eli sounds like he's dumb as a box of rocks, and he had plenty of success in this offense. Glennon is said to be a bright guy, hopefully we get to see what he can do.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 16, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

Me too, at HC, and at QB... and everywhere else.  But this about to get lost unless I am guessing wrong.  Take care

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 16, 2013, 08:52:37 PM

+1

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 16, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

Schotty. Don't care if he's about to fall and break his hip either.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 16, 2013, 10:54:18 PM

We replace Freeman and everything improves from there.

That is simply not true. I do not get why some people act like if we just put Glennon in that everything is just going to get magically better. If that were the case don't you think that Schiano would have named him the starter week 1? In fact, imo if Schiano puts Glennon in he might as well hand in his resignation because this team team is going nowhere with Glennon either.

As for the op I say we should hire Schotty.

jeanclaud

Starter

#44 : September 16, 2013, 10:58:14 PM

I'm talking about the process of bringing in a new guy and waiting for him to bring in his type of players. At some point we need consistency in leadership, changing coaches every couple of seasons is unbelievably foolish....I have to question the intelligence of anyone who's in favor of it. This is the start of Schiano's second season, our fans need to stop acting like spoiled brats who need things their way immediately.

I'm still undecided about what I think we should do with Schiano, but I don't buy the turnover argument that much. Schiano has done all the work for his own removal already by shipping out the bad eggs and injury prone. This is a roster top to bottom high character guys with some fantastic young talent. There are almost no veterans in need of replacement outside of the QB (maybe Penn and Joseph). It's practically a dream scenario for in incoming coach with a probable top 10 pick and a loaded QB draft.

Honestly, I'm pissed. I want playoffs as much as any fan and these were 2 games we needed to have a shot. Schiano's discipline simply isn't there. The big Freeman jump isn't there. Obviously it's a problem. I'm not, however, going to crap my pants worrying about what we're going to do with this team. The decisions will practically make themselves by the end of the season. If Freeman can't prove by the end of this season that he's a playoff caliber QB and nothing less, we simply won't resign him. Good riddance, draft a QB. As for Schiano, he has to fix the penalties, fix the execution, learn to use/abuse the media, win games or at least lose squeakers. If Schiano can make a good case that we're a playoff team without Freeman sabotaging us, he probably stays. If the coaching mistakes continue and the losses mount, I see no reason to keep him.

It's possible they turn the season around. It starts and ends with New England. If they beat the Pats, they shake everything up. The Pats are weaker than they've been in years and are definitely beatable. With a D like this, the Bucs CAN get on a roll and make a run. If they lose to the Pats, 0-3 is pretty much cooked for everyone involved. It's the definition of a must win for this season.

Also although I haven't seen much of this, anyone hoping to axe Dominick is nuts. His crime is missing on a first round QB and not being able to fix this crater of a roster even faster than he somehow has. Dom has been a godsend.

edit: realized i probably went wildly off.

To address the OP directly, I like Carmichael, Zimmer, Gus Bradley, Lovie Smith, in that order.
: September 16, 2013, 11:02:08 PM jeanclaud
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHo do you want as coach for next season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools