Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is how a guy plays his way out of town « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNtears

Second String

#30 : September 17, 2013, 02:28:39 PM

Bucs leonard johnson got beat by the throw that ended the game. Revis had a blanket on his guy on a go route.  Problem is our third corner is not good enough.

This

And The offense can't score any points

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 17, 2013, 02:47:09 PM

Then I guess Russell Wilson is playing himself out of Seattle too.

Uh, really can't tell the difference between the two?

What do you want to hear? This defense is the best thing we've put on a field in a long long time and yes penalties have hurt us, but you aren't going to win many games scoring one offensive TD, which was a 35 yard drive, btw.

Seattle won Week 1 12-7. Week 2 his stats were basically identical to Freeman.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 17, 2013, 02:52:11 PM

Russell Wilson has also never done a photo shoot dressed as Michael Jackson. Food for thought.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 17, 2013, 03:23:50 PM

Then I guess Russell Wilson is playing himself out of Seattle too.

Uh, really can't tell the difference between the two?

What do you want to hear? This defense is the best thing we've put on a field in a long long time and yes penalties have hurt us, but you aren't going to win many games scoring one offensive TD, which was a 35 yard drive, btw.

Seattle won Week 1 12-7. Week 2 his stats were basically identical to Freeman.

No offense, but that is the worse comparison ever.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 17, 2013, 05:33:25 PM

We're comparing Josh Meltdown to a guy who had 30 total TDs to 10 turnovers as a rookie and brought his team to the playoffs while that same guy is sitting at 2-0 right now. That's the comparison? Ok, guys.

If Josh hadn't just absolutely hit the bottom of the barrel, we're 2-0 right now. We're a team that hits hard, forces turnovers, gets after the QB, and has an offense that can do everything.

But no, Josh fell on his face, like he has in every big situation in his football career, and we're 0-2 and we're playing the blame game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 17, 2013, 09:11:38 PM

We're comparing Josh Meltdown to a guy who had 30 total TDs to 10 turnovers as a rookie and brought his team to the playoffs while that same guy is sitting at 2-0 right now. That's the comparison? Ok, guys.

If Josh hadn't just absolutely hit the bottom of the barrel, we're 2-0 right now. We're a team that hits hard, forces turnovers, gets after the QB, and has an offense that can do everything.

But no, Josh fell on his face, like he has in every big situation in his football career, and we're 0-2 and we're playing the blame game.

And I would add, he [Wilson] is playing for peanuts, IIRC its 400K.  But you don't hear him crying about it, he just goes out there and plays at a very high level.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 17, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

At this point I welcome showing both of them the door. This drama is ridiculous.

BucsGlory

Second String

#37 : September 17, 2013, 10:22:51 PM

S better have a brady, rodgers or manning up his sleeves because if he gets rid of freeman for a brady quinn, matt cassell or rex grossman the fans and i personal with rebel on him.

S college qb have sucked and for the most part were game managers and if he goes and gets a game manager to qb this team we're in trouble cause will get abused in the playoff if we can get that far.

I just dont get why he could try and make it work with josh, the fire thing is b.s. josh had fire in 2010 its in there but defeat and criticism have a way of making people doubt themselves. if the guy gets the job done whats it matter if he's not rah rah in your face guy besides this is a grown mans game, you  get in someone face enough and they're will be issues.

Jay Culter gets in peoples face yells and screams but id rather have Matt Ryan ( as much as i hate him and that alot) over him. If S could have worked with and fixed freeman we'd have the best team in the south bar none but he went a different route.
: September 17, 2013, 10:26:30 PM BucsGlory

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 17, 2013, 11:52:52 PM

S better have a brady, rodgers or manning up his sleeves because if he gets rid of freeman for a brady quinn, matt cassell or rex grossman the fans and i personal with rebel on him.

S college qb have sucked and for the most part were game managers and if he goes and gets a game manager to qb this team we're in trouble cause will get abused in the playoff if we can get that far.

I just dont get why he could try and make it work with josh, the fire thing is b.s. josh had fire in 2010 its in there but defeat and criticism have a way of making people doubt themselves. if the guy gets the job done whats it matter if he's not rah rah in your face guy besides this is a grown mans game, you  get in someone face enough and they're will be issues.

Jay Culter gets in peoples face yells and screams but id rather have Matt Ryan ( as much as i hate him and that alot) over him. If S could have worked with and fixed freeman we'd have the best team in the south bar none but he went a different route.

A) Yes, Freeman does need "fixing"  Something is broke in the guy.  (And before the inevitable punsters, I could care less if it's his back, that would be a relief actually).
B) Not everything can be fixed.

Trd_Pnch_Bwl

Second String

#39 : September 18, 2013, 07:25:15 AM

I expect him(S) to give us a turd just like himself to replace Freelove.

In the punch bowl

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 18, 2013, 09:50:01 AM

So let's say 32 GM's are given the choice between Russell Wilson and Josh Freeman - how many take Freeman?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 18, 2013, 10:13:50 AM

So let's say 32 GM's are given the choice between Russell Wilson and Josh Freeman - how many take Freeman?

Atleast one GM probalbly takes Freeman...M Dominik, as he proved in the 2012 draft.

Looking at Freeman vs Wilson wont tell us anything about how to handle OUR QB position though, since Wilson is not available to us right now.

Its Freeman vs QB available to us. Safe to say the staff does not take Glennon over Freeman right now. A Smith and C Palmer were rated as worse than Freeman aswell this offseason and therefore not taken over Freeman either. They took Freeman.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 18, 2013, 10:21:37 AM

Its Freeman vs QB available to us. Safe to say the staff does not take Glennon over Freeman right now. A Smith and C Palmer were rated as worse than Freeman aswell this offseason and therefore not taken over Freeman either. They took Freeman.
And Jon Gruden took Brian Griese over Aaron Rodgers. How did that work out?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 18, 2013, 10:27:01 AM

And Jon Gruden took Brian Griese over Aaron Rodgers. How did that work out?

I guess Griese got benched (here) only because he wasnt as good as Rodgers (in GB). Am i right?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 18, 2013, 10:30:11 AM

Atleast one GM probalbly takes Freeman...M Dominik, as he proved in the 2012 draft.

Sweet.  Possibly 3% of the General Managers in the league.

Looking at Freeman vs Wilson wont tell us anything about how to handle OUR QB position though, since Wilson is not available to us right now.

You are, yet again, missing the point.  But going into the argument you are making, Wilson was available for the team to draft in 2012.  I'm sure you'll discredit that fact somehow, or completely misunderstand what is being said.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is how a guy plays his way out of town « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools