Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

rpp224

Starter

: September 17, 2013, 12:43:41 PM

A nice, lil take on Schiano and his ways of coaching. No blame on players is seen on here as much as the handling and dealing of the players by the head coach.

http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#1-9684495

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 17, 2013, 12:51:06 PM

Did anyone else see schiano ripping the defense on the side of the field?

Where's that at on offense? They're the ones that deserve the crewing.

Schiano needs to be fired before the next two games IF they want to win. Otherwise, just keep him, lose out, and get the best draft pick we can.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 17, 2013, 12:58:33 PM

I'd ask that same question - who is ripping on the offense?

Sullivan is a **CENSORED**cat.    The offense needs to be held to the same standard as the defense.   

I hope their feelings don't get hurt.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 17, 2013, 01:00:54 PM

A good watch...   I hope Schiano looks at this one hard.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 17, 2013, 01:02:09 PM

That's still on schiano BM. He's the HC, he overrides everyone except MD.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 17, 2013, 01:03:37 PM

I absolutely agree...

Stephen A does make some sense.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 17, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

If it's me, I'm grabbing freeman by the facemask and flat out telling him,

"you play correctly, or not at all. KC isn't going to sign you after playing like crap and then getting benched, if that's what you think. Check out if you want bud, it's your future."

Although, I would've been much more supportive than he was before the season started. Now that tampa is 0-2, it needs to be said.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 17, 2013, 01:10:06 PM

Is there a quote from Revis?  I just heard on that video that Revis is saying all kinds of things, including that players can't speak out. 

Hoist the Battleflag

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 17, 2013, 01:20:27 PM

love it they should fire his punk ass

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 17, 2013, 01:21:03 PM

Wow.

Just wow.

Two fricken games in, the heartbreaking losses in completely winnable games, the players only meeting before that ugly loss to the rudderless Jests, the penalties and lack of technique by the players, the "small ball" mentality, the grumbling of players on a young team, the disingenuous pressers, calling players out before looking in the mirror, the lack of gravitation to the coach as a result of his hard edges and totalitarian ways, the way he manipulates the coordinators...

And Revis is the biggie. The guy should be a team captain. Bonafide HOF candidate, who may not be disgruntled, but he certainly aint happy no matter how you spin it.

Ask yourself this as a fan:  do you really want this coach to lead this team?  He is too arrogant to ever admit he was wrong. It is HIS style of coaching, and he won't be sorry because you knew what you were getting in the first damned place Dom!  He is a good fit for a rah rah, my way or lose the scholarship highway locker room. For the Bucs?  It is pretty evident that he would be fired ready, to me anyway, if he had lost big to the Saints.

No doubt.

But a two loss, playoff devoid potential season as a result of 3 measles points, no matter how bad they looked on film, is his life raft that has holes in it. Eventually, that baby is going to sink.

Get rid of him. Bring the players together with a coach that can ease the tension in their minds. Anyone at this point will do.

Wannstedt is the only option at this point. Unless you let Silly take over, and that man is not ready yet. Too soft, and too incompetent. His coaching of the offense is about as Pop Warner as it gets. Wanny can steer the boat and the players will help get he ship straight because the key element of their displeasure, one Gregory Edward Schiano, will be no lo get there to intimidate and run the thermostats.

It is clearly obvious that the team is not functional under Saddam Schiano. Gotta cut bait. FAST! 

The team can stay within concept. It just needs a new mouthpiece and a new way of handling egos.
: September 17, 2013, 01:30:27 PM Boid Fink

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 17, 2013, 01:24:34 PM

The glazers should've went out and got their own coach, not deligated it to dom. I guess raheem made them misjudge themselves?

DiveGuy39

Rookie

#11 : September 17, 2013, 01:25:57 PM

Did anyone else see schiano ripping the defense on the side of the field?

Where's that at on offense? They're the ones that deserve the crewing.

Schiano needs to be fired before the next two games IF they want to win. Otherwise, just keep him, lose out, and get the best draft pick we can.

Your hatred for Schiano seems personal. Did the guy mess with your wife or something?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 17, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

This is Mark Dominick's chance to save a team he put together in five seasons. This is as much his team as Saddams. He has the right and obligation to fix it for us fans.

Problem is this though:  The Glazers are watching, and if they let Dom fire Saddam, and the blackouts come back, the excitement level for the team gets toward to apathetic, well...

You know what Big Worm would say? Messin with my money is like messin with emotions!  Tricky slope. Glazers want that money, and they want a quality product. Will firing Saddam Schiano create such chaos that the "fans" stop showing again?  The flip side is the old adage that winning fixes everything.

Well...might as well get the team morale up and bring in a guy with some fundamental knowledge on how to do buisness in the NFL.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#13 : September 17, 2013, 01:30:52 PM

I don't know why everyone is freaking out over Schiano and the Bucs. This looks a lot like a Dungy-led football team. He fixed the rushing D, now the whole D is fixed. Eveybody needs to just be patient and stick to the course.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 17, 2013, 01:31:54 PM

The offense is a let down (from years past)...

That is pissing everyone off...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools