Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

freddy

Hall of Famer
#135 : September 19, 2013, 08:55:48 AM

Boid - how is schiano supposed to coach offense well with a QB that you think is garbage?
How is Schiano going to get QB play that isn't "garbge"?

Maybe he already used a 3rd round pick to get one, he just needs a little time in the oven before he is ready.
Thank you. So in your opinion Schiano intends for Mike Glennon to be his QB of the future. What would you say would be realistic expectations for Glennon and the rest of the team for 2013, 2014, and beyond?

Inventing quotes again? Please show me where I said Schiano intends Glennon to be the QB of the future.  ::)

As I have stated numerous times already, but I guess it just gets conveniently ignored, is Glennon simply provides another option.  If Freeman played great this year then awesome, the back-up QB position was improved.  If Freeman failed, then there is a chance that Glennon could step in.  Of course when the season is over, Freeman, Glennon and Dan's play (if he did play) would all be evaluated, just like every player is, and a determination would be made.  If Glennon lit the NFL on fire and took us into the playoffs, I doubt a QB would be a major focus of FA or the draft.  If Glennon bombs, then count on it that a new QB is the prime focus.  Right now, the only thing Glennon is is another option.  Without Glennon on the roster, no matter how bad Freeman played, he would still start and the team would certainly be forced to draft a new QB #1. With Glennon, that still may be required, but maybe not.

Now, as much as you like to play games with your questions, not a single team can predict specific expectations 2 or 3 years out.  Every team and player and fan has expectations of their team to get better and hopefully go to the playoffs. If you don't, then just stop watching sports all together. I expect the Buccaneers to be better not just next year, but next week.  Will those expectations be met, we will see. Often they are not.  But unlike many hopeless losers on these forums, I don't cry in my milk day after day like a little girl when expectations are not met.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#136 : September 19, 2013, 09:13:25 AM

Now, as much as you like to play games with your questions, not a single team can predict specific expectations 2 or 3 years out.  Every team and player and fan has expectations of their team to get better and hopefully go to the playoffs. If you don't, then just stop watching sports all together. I expect the Buccaneers to be better not just next year, but next week.  Will those expectations be met, we will see. Often they are not.  But unlike many hopeless losers on these forums, I don't cry in my milk day after day like a little girl when expectations are not met.
If we can't set expectations, how do we know when Schiano's plan is or isn't working? It's pretty normal in the working world when your boss gives you an assignment, he has certain progress checks in between, and while you may not be completely done with what you're supposed to be doing at a given time, he can look at what you've accomplished thus far and see whether or not you're going to make it to the finish line.

Schiano isn't just the coach because we think he's a great guy and we just like having him around. Schiano is the coach because the owners think he's going to win a Super Bowl for them. It can sometimes take a little while before you win a Super Bowl, but in those cases you see progress along the way. Schiano is 18 games into his tenure and on a 1-7 run. When will we see progress to know that he's on the right track to win a Super Bowl?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#137 : September 19, 2013, 09:46:25 AM

If we can't set expectations, how do we know when Schiano's plan is or isn't working? It's pretty normal in the working world when your boss gives you an assignment, he has certain progress checks in between, and while you may not be completely done with what you're supposed to be doing at a given time, he can look at what you've accomplished thus far and see whether or not you're going to make it to the finish line.

Schiano isn't just the coach because we think he's a great guy and we just like having him around. Schiano is the coach because the owners think he's going to win a Super Bowl for them. It can sometimes take a little while before you win a Super Bowl, but in those cases you see progress along the way. Schiano is 18 games into his tenure and on a 1-7 run. When will we see progress to know that he's on the right track to win a Super Bowl?

In football, the expectation that your team will win the Superbowl never changes.  It's silly to ask otherwise.  And every year, all but one team fails to meet those expectations.  And yes, Schiano is 18 games into his process and he has an almost identical record as Dungy had at the same point in time.  And just like Dungy's defense, Schiano's defense looks to become a strong force.  Now, Dungy had Mike Shula as the OC who was miserable.  There should be a lesson learned here.  Can we take another 2 years if Schiano's offense continues to sputter like Dungy's did?  How many SB's were lost due to Dungy's refusal to fix the offense?  That was Dungy's failing and why he was fired.  With that experience under their belt, I doubt ownership will give as much breathing room.  Right now though, there are too many intangibles that we just have to see how the season plays out.  Maybe Feeeman finds god and a miracle happens.  Maybe Glennon is the next John Elway.  Maybe both are bagging groceries next year.  Unlike you FRG, I will won't pre-condem the team and players and instead reserve judgement until we actually see what happens. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#138 : September 19, 2013, 12:51:19 PM

Feel the Schi-love .... can you feel it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#139 : September 19, 2013, 12:51:52 PM

So what is the "course"? Why does the "course" involve starting 6-4 and then going 1-7?
inconsistent QB play?

Like the inconsistent QB play that had us in a position to win against the Jets? Or the inconsistent play that drew the penalty that set up the jets fg? ::) How about the inconsistent QB play that was denied the opportunity on 3rd and 6 to get a late game first down against the Saints?
Or maybe it was the inconsistent QB that gave up two TDs to the rookie Nick Foles and the EAGLES, after our QB threw his last pass? Or maybe it was inconsistent QB that gave up leads to Washington and Atlanta?  Funny how a guy who has lead a team to 9 come from behind wins is suddenly incapable of closing out a game. Even though the team has the lead after the last offensive drive, inconsistent QB play is definitely the issue. :o And no one noticed that the playcalling in critical situations blows. Running on 3rd and 6? How about that prevent defense against the Saints? Yep, all due to inconsistent QB play. He said sarcastically.

To Quote "The Hoodie," regarding Freeman:

"Hes been in a couple real competitive situations in the fourth quarter and has done what the team needed him to do. Theyve had good drives, put them ahead in the Jet game and also ran off some clock. I dont know five minutes or however much time it was in the Saints game where he had to make some big throws there at the end third-and-longs and he made them. I think hes doing a good job for them.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#140 : September 19, 2013, 12:58:02 PM

Freeman and Schiano are only as good as their next game.   Wash, Rinse and Repeat until the end of this season.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#141 : September 19, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

Like the inconsistent QB play that had us in a position to win against the Jets? Or the inconsistent play that drew the penalty that set up the jets fg? ::) How about the inconsistent QB play that was denied the opportunity on 3rd and 6 to get a late game first down against the Saints?
Or maybe it was the inconsistent QB that gave up two TDs to the rookie Nick Foles and the EAGLES, after our QB threw his last pass? Or maybe it was inconsistent QB that gave up leads to Washington and Atlanta?  Funny how a guy who has lead a team to 9 come from behind wins is suddenly incapable of closing out a game. Even though the team has the lead after the last offensive drive, inconsistent QB play is definitely the issue. :o And no one noticed that the playcalling in critical situations blows. Running on 3rd and 6? How about that prevent defense against the Saints? Yep, all due to inconsistent QB play. He said sarcastically.
we were in position to beat the jets because of the defense.  point blank.  both times the Bucs offense scored its because the defense gave them the ball in great field position.  the only reason we were in position to beat the saints was the defense again.  speaking of the eagles game last year...did we start the game with 10 punts?  thats just awful.  i believe you are a type of fan that believes the QB only has to do the bare minimum.  did we actually run prevent against the saints? 

whats the one consistent in our 1-8 slide?  bad QB play.  or better yet, tell me the last time you thought freeman played well.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#142 : September 19, 2013, 10:02:35 PM

Feel the Schi-love .... can you feel it.

I haven't seen fans, players, etc be this pitted against each other since the 80's.

Schiano has done a bang up job getting everyone together and on the same page/bluefont.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools