Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play That Setup Saints Field Goal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#15 : September 18, 2013, 12:55:13 PM

3 Corners, and 3 safeties? I'm used to watching the games on streaming sites, never noticed that before.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 18, 2013, 12:57:56 PM

I really think the majority of the blame on this play lies on the one guy who pretty much watched liked a spectator.    Ahmad Black.

I think Black was watching Graham and waited too long to break.

Nope. Inexplicably, Black, as the single high safey was shaded over to the single reciever side in a 3x1. I have no idea why.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 18, 2013, 12:59:43 PM

To help a rookie corner?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 18, 2013, 01:11:04 PM

I really think the majority of the blame on this play lies on the one guy who pretty much watched liked a spectator.    Ahmad Black.

I think Black was watching Graham and waited too long to break.

Nope. Inexplicably, Black, as the single high safey was shaded over to the single reciever side in a 3x1. I have no idea why.

Yeah....and then when Graham broke towards the middle of the field he hesitated towards Graham. Meacham was out of the play at that point.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 18, 2013, 01:15:32 PM

Looks to me like #71 for the 'aints is lined up wrong...

That's because he's not lined up at that point.
I really doubt he is moving his feet after this point. Call it on us, call it on them!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 18, 2013, 01:19:30 PM

They were already in range for a 57 yard FG attempt before this play.  No gimmie, but doable.  If they dump it off to Sproles for 10, that's a much easier 47 yarder... oh wait?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

BucsWin31

Starter

#21 : September 18, 2013, 01:46:26 PM

Gotta admit, I would have liked to see Revis on Colston

I agree, however I believe Brees would have went to whoever LJ was covering. Kenny Stills has been a surprise to some (not me) this season. He has great speed and hands.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 18, 2013, 02:00:18 PM

Yep, Stills is a whole lot faster than Colston. Johnson is too slow to keep up with Stills on a "go", but he can stay with Colston, which he did. It was just a great throw, AND a tough catch too. That's one I just gotta say the Saints made a great play on us, and let it go.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 18, 2013, 02:02:08 PM

And IIRC, Schiano said in a PC Bloack was "slow" to react on that play. With Graham already having burned us multiple times, Black had a tough choice to make...

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 18, 2013, 03:57:39 PM

Looks to me like #71 for the 'aints is lined up wrong...

That's because he's not lined up at that point.
I really doubt he is moving his feet after this point. Call it on us, call it on them!

It's not the feet that is the determinant.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 18, 2013, 03:59:59 PM

I would definitely say his feet are a major factor in where he is lined up.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 18, 2013, 04:07:36 PM

3 Corners, and 3 safeties? I'm used to watching the games on streaming sites, never noticed that before.

Bucs played the 3 safety look a lot on Sunday. More than half the snaps.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 18, 2013, 04:08:38 PM

He needs to be lined up with the center's beltline.  That can be any part of his body.  If he leans far enough, it's legal.  The RT looks like he's even further back.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 18, 2013, 04:08:55 PM

To a degree but the feeties ain't the determinant on where you are considered on the line or off.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 18, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

The tackles are in 2 point stances, correct? They aren't going to be able to get their heads much further than their lead foot. I gotta think foot placement is pretty important on this one, but I could be wrong

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play That Setup Saints Field Goal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools