Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where the Bucs spend their money........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: September 18, 2013, 01:33:56 PM

NFL Cap is $123mil per team.  As of 11 Sept 2013.  Dead = prorated salary to players no longer on the team, bonuses to players before being cut.

USA Today.com   
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2013/09/17/viking-defensive-tackle-christian-ballard/2827013/
: September 18, 2013, 02:06:10 PM Morgan

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 18, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Interesting chart, thanks for sharing Morgan. Wow almost, 1/4 on defensive backs.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 18, 2013, 01:55:23 PM

How exactly is this chart interesting?

Its ok, Ive been here before... --Lovie Smith

Hes a great coach, hes been there before... --Lavonte David

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 18, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

We spend way too much at the quarterback position...

Supreme

Starter

#4 : September 18, 2013, 02:13:38 PM

We spend way too much at the quarterback position...

For the output of performance the Bucs are receiving, I very much agree.

I'd also add that the money spent on the OL is a complete joke. Unjustifiable.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 18, 2013, 02:15:43 PM

Interesting to compare to other teams - the successful ones and the crappy ones. Link in original post, go to bottom of the page.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 18, 2013, 02:35:21 PM

...nope still not interesting.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 18, 2013, 02:43:36 PM

Quote from: BucsOnDeck24

I have found that this chart presents a great spectrum of colors through the use of positions. I particularly enjoy the use of the color green to represent the offensive line, because of how expensive they are. We do spend exceptional amounts of money of those guys, so I found the symbolism behind this color selection to be magnificent. I also enjoyed the use of the color hot pink for special teams, because Dave Wannstedt's mustache could sell Avon by itself. It is also important to understand the geometry behind the graph, which depicts a seemingly perfect circle. Now you have to stop and ask one self, is this circle hand drawn? Because if it is, can you truly draw a perfect circle? My theory is that Myron Lewis has hand drawn this circle and it is in fact perfect, which is completely out of this world. I know I'll get a lot of criticism for saying that, but it wouldn't be the first time Myron Lewis has surprised someone.

Something else to consider is that are we talking about spending 15.32% of our funds on the defensive line or is that for DL Hughley. Because if we are spending 15.32% of our funds on him, I think this is an appalling misuse of our salary cap by Mark Dominik and he ought to be fired immediately. D.L. Hughley is not the answer to this franchise's problems. I'm greatly concerned if this is the case because I don't know how the Glazers would even stand for this. I know they are watching the Manchester team as well, but you have to know that your NFL GM just signed a comedian on his football team and paid him almost 1/5 of your team's salary. Don't get me wrong, DL is funny, but he doesn't project well as an NFL quarterback. I mean, I'm willing to give it a shot at this point because we have nothing to lose, but it's still an odd move.

Also, it just says dead on the graph. While I'm sure it represents dead cap space, there is also that fear that it could represent someone has died. But who died? I have no idea but I would love to know. You seriously cannot create a pie chart and put dead in the middle of it and not expect someone to ask questions. That's mortifying. What if I died?! Whoever created this pie graph did so in very poor taste. How are we supposed to function now knowing that someone is going to die?! I'm calling in from work tomorrow because of this. I mean, you should know if you're creating a pie graph that we don't have storm shelters in Florida and nobody knows how to drive!? I could die in a car accident. I could have a home break-in. This is chaotic and I'm terrified about what could happen.

This graph also labels it as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I know that's not true. Since when? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are an NFL team, not a pie graph! What do you think I am?! Stupid?!?! Did they move and the rights were sold to the creator of this pie graph?! I don't have a team anymore?!?! Go to hell Los Angeles!  What if Philadelphia bought the Buccaneers? I hate Philadelphia. They don't even need one team, let alone two. I mean, what garbage are Eagles fans and now they have the Buccaneers. This is disturbing.

Did you know that if you took the percentage we pay Freeman and subtract the percentage we spend on Tight Ends, because we don't have any, you get 7.03% which rounded, is 7%. Do you know what the significance of that is?! 7 was Jeff Garcia's number in Tampa. Is Jeff Garcia returning? What! With Jeff Garcia at the helm, can Greg Schiano notch his first victory as head coach in the NFL? Seriously, I think this would be his first. Has he won before, because I don't remember.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 18, 2013, 02:46:44 PM

How does this compare to the rest of the league?   The link sends me elsewhere...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 18, 2013, 02:47:43 PM

WTH happened here? JaMarcus Russell?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 18, 2013, 02:48:38 PM

Quote from: Morgan
WTH happened here? JaMarcus Russell?

I almost made a really tasteless comment about an NFL great. Had to catch myself though.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2013, 02:49:28 PM

"I also enjoyed the use of the color hot pink for special teams, because Dave Wannstedt's mustache could sell Avon by itself."

Better make it Mary Kay if his stache ever wants one of those pink caddies.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 18, 2013, 02:49:30 PM

How does this compare to the rest of the league?   The link sends me elsewhere...

You have to go to the bottom of the page (story of Ballard, DT, Vikings). You should see it there.....

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 18, 2013, 02:53:04 PM

Quote from: BucsOnDeck24

I have found that this chart presents a great spectrum of colors through the use of positions. I particularly enjoy the use of the color green to represent the offensive line, because of how expensive they are. We do spend exceptional amounts of money of those guys, so I found the symbolism behind this color selection to be magnificent. I also enjoyed the use of the color hot pink for special teams, because Dave Wannstedt's mustache could sell Avon by itself. It is also important to understand the geometry behind the graph, which depicts a seemingly perfect circle. Now you have to stop and ask one self, is this circle hand drawn? Because if it is, can you truly draw a perfect circle? My theory is that Myron Lewis has hand drawn this circle and it is in fact perfect, which is completely out of this world. I know I'll get a lot of criticism for saying that, but it wouldn't be the first time Myron Lewis has surprised someone.

Something else to consider is that are we talking about spending 15.32% of our funds on the defensive line or is that for DL Hughley. Because if we are spending 15.32% of our funds on him, I think this is an appalling misuse of our salary cap by Mark Dominik and he ought to be fired immediately. D.L. Hughley is not the answer to this franchise's problems. I'm greatly concerned if this is the case because I don't know how the Glazers would even stand for this. I know they are watching the Manchester team as well, but you have to know that your NFL GM just signed a comedian on his football team and paid him almost 1/5 of your team's salary. Don't get me wrong, DL is funny, but he doesn't project well as an NFL quarterback. I mean, I'm willing to give it a shot at this point because we have nothing to lose, but it's still an odd move.

Also, it just says dead on the graph. While I'm sure it represents dead cap space, there is also that fear that it could represent someone has died. But who died? I have no idea but I would love to know. You seriously cannot create a pie chart and put dead in the middle of it and not expect someone to ask questions. That's mortifying. What if I died?! Whoever created this pie graph did so in very poor taste. How are we supposed to function now knowing that someone is going to die?! I'm calling in from work tomorrow because of this. I mean, you should know if you're creating a pie graph that we don't have storm shelters in Florida and nobody knows how to drive!? I could die in a car accident. I could have a home break-in. This is chaotic and I'm terrified about what could happen.

This graph also labels it as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I know that's not true. Since when? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are an NFL team, not a pie graph! What do you think I am?! Stupid?!?! Did they move and the rights were sold to the creator of this pie graph?! I don't have a team anymore?!?! Go to hell Los Angeles!  What if Philadelphia bought the Buccaneers? I hate Philadelphia. They don't even need one team, let alone two. I mean, what garbage are Eagles fans and now they have the Buccaneers. This is disturbing.

Did you know that if you took the percentage we pay Freeman and subtract the percentage we spend on Tight Ends, because we don't have any, you get 7.03% which rounded, is 7%. Do you know what the significance of that is?! 7 was Jeff Garcia's number in Tampa. Is Jeff Garcia returning? What! With Jeff Garcia at the helm, can Greg Schiano notch his first victory as head coach in the NFL? Seriously, I think this would be his first. Has he won before, because I don't remember.

LMAO  thats interesting

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 18, 2013, 02:55:41 PM

I wish the O-line was broken down. I think we probably are bottom of the league when it comes to spending on OTs, but #1 in the league in paying interior offensive linemen.

Also, the 25% is a big number for DBs. Huge. And out of that 25%....Revis and Goldson are getting about 98% of that. Fans always want us to go big in free agency, but I'm not sure spending 25% of our entire cap on two DBs is sustainable. Good thing we'll be dumping Freeman and his salary this offseason and getting a dirt cheap rookie QB instead. Otherwise we'd be in cap trouble for sure.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where the Bucs spend their money........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools