Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jfreevjack

Practice Squad

: September 18, 2013, 01:49:46 PM

Freeman dropped back to pass on 11 third downs for the game and converted only three.  While that looks bad, heres why the others wernt converted:

- 2 complete passes short of the sticks
- 2 drops past the first down marker
- 1 receiver fell down on his break
- 1 failed to keep both feet in bounds
- A completed first down called back on an illegal formation
- Blindside sack/fumble

Pretty interested - could easily of converted 5+ more first downs.  Thoughts?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 18, 2013, 01:53:26 PM

My thoughts -

The mike will throw was late.
the TD pass was an awful throw.
the fumble had a wide open vjax who he disregarded.
Not sure on the short throws but it's not usually a good idea unless you hit the guys in stride with room to run.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JohnBuc06

Starter
#2 : September 18, 2013, 02:01:42 PM

My thoughts -

The mike will throw was late. - don't buy that ...was a great throw putting the ball where it needed to be ...Mike has to drag that foot
the TD pass was an awful throw. - Hard to say ...sometimes you take that chance with single coverage
the fumble had a wide open vjax who he disregarded. - Bad play on Freeman agreed there
Not sure on the short throws but it's not usually a good idea unless you hit the guys in stride with room to run. - Mike W had one on one on crossing route, actually was great plays by the Saints defender making solid tackles.  To be honest have no idea if anyone else was open.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 18, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

I agree mike will needs to drag his foot, but this is the nfl. Throw the ball on time. Give him the ball coming out of his break and he's nowhere near the sidelines. Similar to many ogleTREE throws, he's making the receiver make a tougher catch.

The vjax throw was a darn punt. That's not identifying single coverage, that's making a terrible throw and getting bailed out.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 18, 2013, 02:16:02 PM

If those plays happen we are sitting here saying how great of plays they are and that were happy they happened. Bottom line is they either happen or they don't. The fact that they don't happen creates the negative response. Lets just hope they convert more of them. Sooner the better because this team is 0-2.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 18, 2013, 02:17:33 PM

My thoughts -

The mike will throw was late.
the TD pass was an awful throw.
the fumble had a wide open vjax who he disregarded.
Not sure on the short throws but it's not usually a good idea unless you hit the guys in stride with room to run.

The difference between your thoughts and the OP are that your thoughts are OPINION and the OP is FACT.

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 18, 2013, 02:18:23 PM

was MW pushed om the out of bounds play? I thought that was why he didnt get his foot down?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 18, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

I agree that the ball was late on the MW19 sideline throw, and that is one of those that is just so difficult that it is not going to be completed every time.

He needs to recognize where the 1st down marker is and hit a player who isn't completely covered like mike was on those 2 completed passes where Jenkins and Greer where right on top of him well before the ball was thrown.

The blindside sack/fumble was completely on Freeman. He had all day to get rid of it, and he just kept holding and holding and holding it.

I wouldn't say that the TD throw was an awful throw...it was an opportunity ball.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 18, 2013, 02:23:32 PM

Good post. This is what people fail to realize. They just see the numbers and are too lazy to realize that they weren't all bad throws, and other players actually contributed to the failure.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : September 18, 2013, 02:29:26 PM

I wouldn't say that the TD throw was an awful throw...it was an opportunity ball.
Referring to the punt Josh threw?

Supreme

Starter

#10 : September 18, 2013, 02:30:09 PM

I agree that the ball was late on the MW19 sideline throw, and that is one of those that is just so difficult that it is not going to be completed every time.

He needs to recognize where the 1st down marker is and hit a player who isn't completely covered like mike was on those 2 completed passes where Jenkins and Greer where right on top of him well before the ball was thrown.

The blindside sack/fumble was completely on Freeman. He had all day to get rid of it, and he just kept holding and holding and holding it.

#Freemanstillsucks

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2013, 02:33:40 PM

Referring to the punt Josh threw?

I'm just saying, in 2010, we were all fine with him throwing those to MW19...and it was pretty much the only thing he was decent at last year. Call it what it was, opportunity ball. Every QB throws those. Not gonna criticize Josh for something every other QB does...there are plenty of other things to criticize Josh on that actually hurt this team a lot more than lobbing balls to MW19 and V-Jax in single coverage.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 18, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

I actually think Josh hasn't played all that bad. He's just not playing as well as we need to win and that sucks. Our defense is keeping us in the games but the offense isn't doing its part. Freeman needs to step up or we aren't winning that many games this year.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#13 : September 18, 2013, 02:47:03 PM

I actually think Josh hasn't played all that bad.
Hes the 30th rated passer in the league

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 18, 2013, 03:05:18 PM

Hey OP - if you are going to use Pro Football Focus's words, you ought to provide the link and explain that none of them are your own.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/16/refo-no-tb-week-2/
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools