Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 18, 2013, 03:09:44 PM

My thoughts?

It's always coulda, woulda, shoulda with Freeman. He just never gets it done and it's always someone elses fault. Tired of the bullsh!t excuses. Bottomline is we had great defense, great running game, great protection, and we were playing against a decimated defense....and Freeman was absolutely horrible. His inability to do anything cost us the game. If we had replaced him with just about any back up in the league, we probably would have won that game. He is the weak link and I can't wait for us to move on.
: September 18, 2013, 03:12:29 PM JDouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 18, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

My thoughts?

It's always coulda, woulda, shoulda with Freeman. He just never gets it done and it's always something. Bottomline is we had great defense, great running game, great protection, and we were playing against a decimated defense....and Freeman was absolutely horrible. His inability to do anything cost us the game. He is the weak link and I can't wait for us to move on.
well stated. No vitriol, no name calling, just simplicity

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 18, 2013, 03:36:39 PM

My thoughts?

It's always coulda, woulda, shoulda with Freeman. He just never gets it done and it's always someone elses fault. Tired of the bullsh!t excuses. Bottomline is we had great defense, great running game, great protection, and we were playing against a decimated defense....and Freeman was absolutely horrible. His inability to do anything cost us the game. If we had replaced him with just about any back up in the league, we probably would have won that game. He is the weak link and I can't wait for us to move on.

Would a back up QB have stopped us from committing so many penalties? Would he have caused the WR's to stop dropping passes? Would he make the entire offense more prepared?

People keep on bringing up these issues, and all you have to say about it is that Freeman sucks and any other QB would have won given the situation. I'm wondering how exactly these other QB's would have fixed these issues.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 18, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

I actually think Josh hasn't played all that bad.
Hes the 30th rated passer in the league

Jeesh.

PFF said it well when they said this about the Freeman to Jackson 73 yarder called back. Freeman had loads of time in the pocket and chose to throw a 50/50 ball at Vjax and Kenny Vacarro. The point being that he had opportunity to scan the field and the choice he made involved just throwing it up. He's just not that good at read the defense, working his progressions and making good decisions. That throw off his back foot, late, across the middle was terrible. I literally called INT as soon as the ball left his hand

He seems to be just off on some throws. A bit behind, a bit late, a bit high and so on. That is why he seems to always have bad luck, but he doesn't he's just not quite good enough.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 18, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

I actually think Josh hasn't played all that bad.
Hes the 30th rated passer in the league

Jeesh.

PFF said it well when they said this about the Freeman to Jackson 73 yarder called back. Freeman had loads of time in the pocket and chose to throw a 50/50 ball at Vjax and Kenny Vacarro. The point being that he had opportunity to scan the field and the choice he made involved just throwing it up. He's just not that good at read the defense, working his progressions and making good decisions. That throw off his back foot, late, across the middle was terrible. I literally called INT as soon as the ball left his hand

He seems to be just off on some throws. A bit behind, a bit late, a bit high and so on. That is why he seems to always have bad luck, but he doesn't he's just not quite good enough.

Agreed with everything besides the V-Jax throw. I don't have a problem with it at all. Maybe no one else was open on the play and even if someone was, I am fine with throwing it up to V-Jax one on one. V-Jax has almost half a foot on Vacarro.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 18, 2013, 03:44:24 PM

My thoughts?

Would he have caused the WR's to stop dropping passes?

Balls get dropped because Freeman's throws are late, inaccurate, behind, low, high. Catchs that Vjax should make but also balls that should be thrown better. WR drop passes all the time, on every QB. The QB has to be good enough to come back and hit that same guy again. Freeman just isn't. Truth is, he has struggled in both games just to complete a pass. He fires a rocket at Doug Martin out of the back field, throws late to people, making routine catches very hard on the sidelines. It's Freeman gentlemen. He just isn't good enough.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 18, 2013, 03:49:50 PM

Freeman dropped back to pass on 11 third downs for the game and converted only three.  While that looks bad, heres why the others wernt converted:

- 2 complete passes short of the sticks
- 2 drops past the first down marker
- 1 receiver fell down on his break
- 1 failed to keep both feet in bounds
- A completed first down called back on an illegal formation
- Blindside sack/fumble

Pretty interested - could easily of converted 5+ more first downs.  Thoughts?

Unlucky break for Freeman. If you are only going to get 22 pass attempts and have a few drops, a penalty, a reciever falling down  it's going to make your numbers look really really bad. It turns a average game into a horrendous game.  Just a matter of time before the pass game breaks out of this funk.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 18, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

My thoughts?

Would a back up QB have stopped us from committing so many penalties? Would he have caused the WR's to stop dropping passes? Would he make the entire offense more prepared?

People keep on bringing up these issues, and all you have to say about it is that Freeman sucks and any other QB would have won given the situation. I'm wondering how exactly these other QB's would have fixed these issues.

It's always someone elses' fault though right? He had good protection, good running game, a good defense, out TE and slot WR were actually chipping in and making plays, and we were playing verse a decimated defense....so now it is the penalties and drops to blame? C'mon man. We use to win all the time with a solid run game and a defense like we had this past Sunday, back when out offense was much worse and less talented. We won games with the likes of Shaun King and Trent Dilfer throwing to Jacquez Green and Karl Williams. The excuses have got to stop bro. We haven't allowed 20 points in a game yet, we have two great receivers and a run game, our pass protection through two games is ranked best in the league by PFF.....there are no excuses left. Freeman is dead weight and he is dragging the team down.

You bring in an average game managing back up like Orton or Grossman and we are 2-0. Well maybe....I'm pretty sure this offense is garbage and any QB would struggle with it.....but that is a whole nother problem, cause Freeman isn't good in any offense.
: September 18, 2013, 04:31:48 PM JDouble

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 18, 2013, 04:34:27 PM

GT so sensitive.

Freeman sucks. Vitriol! 

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#24 : September 18, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

Freeman dropped back to pass on 11 third downs for the game and converted only three.  While that looks bad, heres why the others wernt converted:

- 2 complete passes short of the sticks
- 2 drops past the first down marker
- 1 receiver fell down on his break
- 1 failed to keep both feet in bounds
- A completed first down called back on an illegal formation
- Blindside sack/fumble

Pretty interested - could easily of converted 5+ more first downs.  Thoughts?

I've been listening to these excuses following a bad game by Freeman for the past three years. The excuses need to stop because the point of the matter is that Freeman just ain't getting it done. Let's go over the tape and look how many times Freeman didn't see wide open receivers because he locks onto his first option waiting for them to get open. If your first option is covered know where your second option is but, Freeman can't do that. If his first option is covered he is screwed unless he has 10 seconds to throw.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 18, 2013, 04:52:02 PM

Could have had an easy TD pass if he would have looked downfield before scrambling on one play. Relatively clean pocket, too...that is Free. Always leaving plays dead out there.

Missed a wide open guy again.

But of course, the rain was in his eyes.  Or he is only 25. Or his WR made fun of him. Or...

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#26 : September 18, 2013, 05:26:22 PM

after MW made his break there was so much space between him and the sidelines, the throw did NOT need to be so far out front, and late. That is the problem- Freeman can't throw on time, or accurately with any kind of consistency or short and over the middle(like at ALL)

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 18, 2013, 06:21:20 PM

This is the problem.

Obviously Freeman is struggling.

It's also obvious that the same folks are trying to blame it all on Freeman. It's not his fault if there is a penalty and his 70 yard TD pass gets called back.

The reason why the ball is coming out late so much is because of the design of the offense. This offense sucks. Watch Eli sometime. He has the same issues with reads. The QB doesn't know where the WR is going on most of the plays until they make their break.

Freeman is playing terrible. A backup would be much worse off . Let's be real.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 18, 2013, 06:23:56 PM

This is the problem.

Obviously Freeman is struggling.

It's also obvious that the same folks are trying to blame it all on Freeman. It's not his fault if there is a penalty and his 70 yard TD pass gets called back.

The reason why the ball is coming out late so much is because of the design of the offense. This offense sucks. Watch Eli sometime. He has the same issues with reads. The QB doesn't know where the WR is going on most of the plays until they make their break.

Freeman is playing terrible. A backup would be much worse off . Let's be real.

Agree the offense sucks. Problem is guys won't realize that until they see the rookie in action. Could be soon.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 18, 2013, 06:32:41 PM

My thoughts?

There will be a select few who always play the shoulda/woulda/coulda when it comes to Freeman, even after he is gone and playing as a back up in his next organization.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools