Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 18, 2013, 06:46:43 PM

Watch. After they pull Freeman these guys will blame Freeman when the rookie does bad.

The jig is up on this offense. if youve been paying attention in NY teams have figured this offense out. All you need as a defense is patience. Just wait for the offense to self destruct.

My definition of this passing offense is the WR has to make a read and decide where to go. The QB can either guess which way the WR is going to go which is very risky, or hold the ball until the WR makes his break. So, you are either going to have a ton of picks, see Eli. Or you are going to have your QB standing in the pocket waiting for the WR to make his read. Both of those options suck. This is not a quick release offense, so when you play against a good defense, which will give you 3 seconds to deliver the ball, we are at a huge disadvantage with this offense.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened for this franchises future. The coach, offense, and defense need to go. Clean house and start over with a top rookie QB next year. its really just about our only option for a QB going forward.

We do have huge problems right now, but its not all Freeman.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 18, 2013, 06:51:41 PM

Draft a QB next year, roll with Orlovsky this year.  Glennon won't be functional in this system.  It takes Eli fifty five years to figure it out...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 18, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

Agree about the offense. Bad scheme plus bad quarterback equals disaster.

I'm not convinced the defense is all bad yet though. We had Brees confused on Sunday. We have looked good. We are top 5 or top 10 in just about every category. Our linebackers lead the league in sacks. And we haven't allowed 20 points yet through two games. I have my gripes for sure, but I saw far less stunts last game and I think it might just be a work in progress. It's definitely looking better.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 18, 2013, 07:01:46 PM

Agree JD. And congrats on the new addition, too.

If I had any confidence in the offense i would be thinking upset this week. The Pats are a mess
and we match up well against them. It could happen but zero confidence in the offense.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 18, 2013, 07:04:54 PM

My thoughts?

It's always coulda, woulda, shoulda with Freeman. He just never gets it done and it's always someone elses fault. Tired of the bullsh!t excuses. Bottomline is we had great defense, great running game, great protection, and we were playing against a decimated defense....and Freeman was absolutely horrible. His inability to do anything cost us the game. If we had replaced him with just about any back up in the league, we probably would have won that game. He is the weak link and I can't wait for us to move on.

There will be a select few who always play the shoulda/woulda/coulda when it comes to Freeman, even after he is gone and playing as a back up in his next organization.

And we are not doing the same shoulda/woulda/coulda trick when trying to SOLELY blame Freeman for certain results? : 'If Freeman would have thrown a better pass the WR should have been able to not drop it and we could/would have won the game' 'With a better passing game we would ahve won, so Freeman should play better next gmaew or we could say he sucks' 'With a better QB we would have won the game, so Freeman should be benched'

What are we trying to do anyway? Are we just looking for a scapegoat for the losses of the past? Or are we trying to win a few games in the FUTURE?

How are we going to beat NE next week? Only by hoping Freeman becomes great by miracle? Or should we maybe ALSO try to limit our penalties which took away 1st downs and a TD or also call out our WRs for dropping the balls at the wrong moment? Its not like we have a great QB just waiting for us, able to overcome the few unlucky plays.

You want another QB? Then who and how are we going to get this guy (instead of just benching Freeman)? But we better hope our OL lines up correctly when our QB throws a TD or the WR lines up correctly when our QB throws for a 1st down or our WR catch the few good passes of him, else we might have to blame the QB for everything that went wrong aswell.

Not wanting to SOLELY blame Freeman for everything does not mean you are ignoring his mistakes or trying to blame anyone BUT Freeman for poor results. Aslong we have no better QB available to us we have to find ways to win WITH Freeman. We are not getting any discout for being plagued with Freeman. We are not going to get any better by only ripping Freeman for OUR shortcomings.
: September 18, 2013, 07:33:28 PM QaZ

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 18, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

You just wasted a great deal of time mashing keys, QaZ. I stopped reading at "SOLEY". No way am I gonna sit there like an archeologist trying to translate ancient tablets to figure out WTF you are attempting to say.

Better luck next time.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 18, 2013, 07:32:56 PM

You just wasted a great deal of time mashing keys, QaZ. I stopped reading at "SOLEY". No way am I gonna sit there like an archeologist trying to translate ancient tablets to figure out WTF you are attempting to say.

Better luck next time.

Oh, dont worry about me, i just learned its spelled soleLY, lol

I guess 'thank you', atleast you adressed some of what i wrote. Almost constructive criticism instead of that constant crying.

jfreevjack

Practice Squad

#37 : September 18, 2013, 07:56:36 PM

Another great read and supporting evidence to the original post:

www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/18/4744002/josh-freeman-vs-game-film-a-very-different-story

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 18, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

Another great read and supporting evidence to the original post:

www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/18/4744002/josh-freeman-vs-game-film-a-very-different-story

Written by a guy from the UK who was always defending Freeman...just saying, lol
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's 3rd Down Stats VS Saints - Very Interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools