Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So, is there ANY reason to be excited about this team? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

: September 18, 2013, 01:50:57 PM

With all of the issues surrounding the team, is there any reason for hope this year?

I think there absolutely is. It's all about DEFENSE. Outside of the PF penalties and coverage in the middle of the field, I am loving this defense. Clayborn and Foster appear to be playing much better and David has picked up where he left off. Obviously the additions to the secondary are helping. The thing I love the most is that we are actually getting some pressure. 9 sacks so far this season! Regardless of the offense's production (I think they will get their act together), this defense, if they continue to gel and improve, will keep us in football games. If there is one thing I can take away from this disasterous start, is that it appears we have the making of a pretty good defense again in Tampa.

Time to kick a hole in the Patriots this weekend. Were due!

Sorry for the lack of doom and gloom. Fire away.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 18, 2013, 01:53:20 PM

Defense is so solid this year. Just wait till Free gets hot.

Its ok, Ive been here before... --Lovie Smith

Hes a great coach, hes been there before... --Lavonte David

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 18, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

If you didn't like watching that defence last week you aren't a buc fan.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : September 18, 2013, 01:56:37 PM

I haven't lost faith -

Red Alert

Rookie

#4 : September 18, 2013, 01:58:48 PM

The future..

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 18, 2013, 01:59:34 PM

Clayborn's hit on Brees made me jump out of my seat. Loved it! That play and the goal-line stand, proved to me that the D is back. It's been too long!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 18, 2013, 01:59:54 PM

I liked seeing Graham do the "oh, I'm falling down" act after he got lit up.

Hopefully someone will KO him next round.

19bucs19

Second String

#7 : September 18, 2013, 02:00:02 PM

As much as it sucks to start 0-2 we still have a talented team, let's hope they can get their **CENSORED** together and play good down the stretch when it matters! Go Bucs!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 18, 2013, 02:02:06 PM

you can watch the games this year and use your imagination to think of how cool it would be to see the team with Bridewater, Manziel, or Mariota with a new offense scheme, maybe not seeing Schiano's face on the sideline. That could be an exciting daydream.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 18, 2013, 02:03:11 PM

It's still early

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 18, 2013, 03:11:08 PM

The defense is great to watch ......until the last 60 seconds. Imagine if they used man-to-man coverage!

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2013, 03:14:56 PM

We're better than the Raiders.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : September 18, 2013, 03:17:06 PM

replacing Josh Freeman is pretty exciting

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 18, 2013, 03:22:36 PM

Defense.

Offense (once they get their thumbs out of their asses.)

Individual level of talent of 90% of our starters.

This is the beginning year of a huge upcycle.

Cheerleaders are the hottest in all of sports.

////

Looking forward to all the 180 degree shifts in opinion by week 8.   

Sticking by this team stubbornly and steadfastedly (call it what you want - I'm not here to convince anyone of anything.)   But I'm not jumping on or off any Bandwagons at the moment like some.

To each his own.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 18, 2013, 03:22:50 PM

I agree 100% Hayseed. I made a thread the other day that was meant to be a Rah Rah Defense thread, but it never really took off. Anyways, Whether we keep it up all year or not remains to be seen...but you have to enjoy it while you can. This defense has been playing inspired football for the first two weeks and is currently a top defense in the league. Even though we are doomed to lose from coaching and Freeman....it has still been very enjoyable watching this defense do their thing on Sunday. Brings back fond memories.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So, is there ANY reason to be excited about this team? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools