Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a seat Greg Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« : September 20, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »

http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/please-have-several-seats-greg-schiano

Good read. A few excerpts:

Schiano is credited with one of the greatest program turnarounds in college football history, but there’s nothing impressive enough to warrant a leap from (borderline) patsy Division-1 coach to NFL commander. It's not like Rutgers was in the SEC.

Schiano finished with an overall record of 68-67. His Big East record was 28-48. In 2006 Rutgers supposedly became an elite program, finishing 11-2, ranked No. 12 and Schiano was the toast of the Tri-State. From that point on, his Big East record was still only 16-19.

He was known for things that have no NFL impact such as recruiting, graduating cats and playing some baby-butt soft schedules. Schiano knew it was more important to get W’s and create the illusion of having a top tier program. He must have studied with Houdini, because convincing NFL execs that he should be moved to the front of the line for an NFL gig was a magic trick like no other.

..........during Schiano’s Rutgers stint, his strength of schedule was never in the top 50.

Also, 30 of Rutgers’ 40 non-conference victories came against non-BCS schools, and the Scarlet Knights had a bloated 28-5 record against brittle MAC teams, Army and Navy and FCS squads.

Were Bucs execs blind to that?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucshot420

Starter

« #1 : September 20, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »

While I'm on the fence about whether Schiano should stay or go, this racially charged bull**CENSORED** article just wasted 2 mins of my time that I can never have back. Personally I could care less what color the coach is as long as they coach well and lead us to wins that's all that matters.  I think what ultimately got Schiano hired was the advice of a very successful future HOF HC more so than "white privilege" or a history of winning.  The writer does make some good points, as well as some very weak points.  I just hope the ship gets righted soon so that we don't have to keep being subjected to this crap.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 20, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »

Since 2006 he was only 16-19 in the Big East?  WTF????  That sucks and anyone with half a football brain should be able to understand how freaking mediocre(or worse) it is...wow.

I hated the hire then and it boggles the mind even more so now.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 21, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »

Saban sucked with the Dolphins and goes on to win national champs with Bama. Win/Loss at other places dont mean shizz. I only care about his Bucs record. Which sucks.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : September 21, 2013, 01:37:26 AM »

After seeing how he manages games at the NFL level, and how quickly he pisses everyone off, I'm done with him as coach of my beloved team.

He can't kick rocks fast enough to suit me.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #5 : September 21, 2013, 06:48:42 AM »

After seeing how he manages games at the NFL level, and how quickly he pisses everyone off, I'm done with him as coach of my beloved team.

He can't kick rocks fast enough to suit me.
so what are you going to do during Buc games? Guess you can adopt another team temporarily.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 21, 2013, 07:01:00 AM »

Nope. I have a few tickets, and I'm still going. Also watching tv when I can't.

You know the old saying,

"you can't **CENSORED** about the craptastic game managing skills of Schiano, if you don't watch the craptastic game managing skills of Schiano."

Seriously though, I'm about as happy as a clam with the surrounding talent, and they are worth watching. But schiano and freeman aren't.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a seat Greg Schiano « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools