Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Expresses Extreme Confidence « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« : September 20, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »

Enough of the drama queens and doomsayers.

--------------------

“We have good players, proven methods, good schemes, good coaches. So when you have all those good components and you’re doing things the right way, it’ll turn. You know everybody who’s been in competitive athletics goes through some stretches where, you know, they wish it were better. But if you have the components, now you’re kidding yourself if you don’t have the components, then you’re just wishing, but I know we have the components. So you just gotta stick to our guns and it’ll turn.” — Greg Schiano, Sept. 20, 2013.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=96594

19bucs19

Second String

« #1 : September 20, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »

He needs to be less conservative with the weapons we have ont his offense... I agree we need to stick to our guns fundamentally, but he's got to stop being so hard headed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 20, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Very stubborn but if it works out like he says it will its worth it. But we live in a instant gratification society. We need to win now or the world is blowing up.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
« #3 : September 20, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

He needs to be less conservative with the weapons we have ont his offense... I agree we need to stick to our guns fundamentally, but he's got to stop being so hard headed.

Conservative, yes. But the bottom line is that it still comes back to the players. If they were executing, hitting open receivers, not dropping passes, blocking better and not getting foolish penalties then Conservative would work and also provide more opportunities to open things up.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 20, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »

"proven methods, good schemes"

maybe in 1985.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5 : September 20, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »

"proven methods, good schemes"

maybe in 1985.

Ba-zing!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #6 : September 20, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »

Conservative, yes. But the bottom line is that it still comes back to the players. If they were executing, hitting open receivers, not dropping passes, blocking better and not getting foolish penalties then Conservative would work and also provide more opportunities to open things up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 20, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »

Uh huh. But wouldn't placing a system around them be better?

Why make them conform to what one man wants, even if it's the coach? They went out and bought up a bunch of FA's and Draftees that were all considered leaders, so when they question schiano it has merit.

Point is, the system schiano has put in place is older than Betty white (although I think she would be a better coach. They would play for her).

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 20, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »

I feel like Grand Piano would still be under .500 even with Peyton Manning. I've lost a lot of faith in the regime. Winning cures all ills though.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #9 : September 20, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »

I feel like Grand Piano would still be under .500 even with Peyton Manning. I've lost a lot of faith in the regime. Winning cures all ills though.

I'm not looking.

...but what is the bucs record in the Pats turf? I bet it isn't good.

Man, I know Brady is having some pains with his wideouts, but I honestly can't consider the pats game a future win. BB will out coach Betty.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 20, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »

I feel your pain. But that's just crazy talk.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 20, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »

its not him or sully holding the offense back, it's #5.

The offense broke all kinds of records last year, not because of holding back our playmakers. we threw the ball deep as much as anyone. For the love of god, its not the guy calling plays, its the guy who can't figure out where to throw it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 20, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »

You know everybody who’s been in competitive athletics goes through some stretches where, you know, they wish it were better. — Greg Schiano.

Sorry coach but this isn't college. There is no competitive athletics going on around here. This is professional football. You need to be on top of your game to succeed here.

His schemes are not proven at the end of the day. He is anything but proven.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #13 : September 20, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

its not him or sully holding the offense back, it's #5.

The offense broke all kinds of records last year, not because of holding back our playmakers. we threw the ball deep as much as anyone. For the love of god, its not the guy calling plays, its the guy who can't figure out where to throw it.

It's the scheme dude.

Look at Eli. Get a clue.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #14 : September 20, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

Enough of the drama queens and doomsayers.

--------------------

“We have good players, proven methods, good schemes, good coaches. So when you have all those good components and you’re doing things the right way, it’ll turn. You know everybody who’s been in competitive athletics goes through some stretches where, you know, they wish it were better. But if you have the components, now you’re kidding yourself if you don’t have the components, then you’re just wishing, but I know we have the components. So you just gotta stick to our guns and it’ll turn.” — Greg Schiano, Sept. 20, 2013.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=96594

Scary quote to me.  Sounds very stubborn.  That may be why he never won the Big East.  Instead of that little change and being dynamic he stuck to his guns and stayed pretty much the same 8-5 team every year.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Expresses Extreme Confidence « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools