Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front Office/Coaching Failures Are Glaring « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 22, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

Seriously if any offense in todays NFL doesn't use a TE, it won't work. Hell even lacking a Slot Wr and your toast. Which leads me to Preston Parker still being out there, bring his ass back or put Page there. Cut Olgetree.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 22, 2013, 06:04:51 PM

Its as if NFL defenses caught up to Mike Sullivan late last season and never looked back.

They caught up to Freeman in 2011.  We fooled them for a bit in 2012, but now we can no longer hide the suck that is Josh Freeman.  The book is out.
Shouldn't Schiano have seen that coming?

You keep saying that, and I keep asking you, "what should he have done?" and you never answer.  What long term solution was out there?

We tried to at least take a shot at addressing it with Glennon.  Hell, the plan all along may have been to bench Josh at the bye.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 22, 2013, 06:05:11 PM

Why doesn't this team have a capable 3rd WR and TE ?

Because Dom leaves too many holes and hopes for the best.

How can an NFL offense function with at least a 3rd down WR or a capable TE?  The Bucs lack BOTH!  Even the terrible, terrible teams of the NFL have either one (eg Cleveland).

BS.  We have more than enough receiving threats.  What we lack is a competent QB. I'm sick of seeing Josh stare down a guy who is covered and ignore the open guy and force a throw.  It's not like the opportunities aren't there, because they are.  Josh just doesn't see them.

No we don't and yes we do.

These are two separate issues.

I don't like Freeman anymore than you, but I'm not going to let that blind me to other weaknesses on the roster.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 22, 2013, 06:06:07 PM

Did free put the secondary in zone ,LoL please free this free that get off his **CENSORED** it's a bigger picture also

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 22, 2013, 06:07:17 PM

Seriously if any offense in todays NFL doesn't use a TE, it won't work. Hell even lacking a Slot Wr and your toast. Which leads me to Preston Parker still being out there, bring his ass back or put Page there. Cut Olgetree.

Yup,  NFL rules pretty much makes the middle of the field a freebie if played right.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 22, 2013, 06:08:40 PM

Seriously, there are people still willing to defend this crap via the freeman excuse?

Forget TE or DE, QB and coach needs to be replaced before we ever progress.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 22, 2013, 06:08:43 PM

Why doesn't this team have a capable 3rd WR and TE ?

Because Dom leaves too many holes and hopes for the best.

How can an NFL offense function with at least a 3rd down WR or a capable TE?  The Bucs lack BOTH!  Even the terrible, terrible teams of the NFL have either one (eg Cleveland).

BS.  We have more than enough receiving threats.  What we lack is a competent QB.  I'm sick of seeing Josh stare down a guy who is covered and ignore the open guy and force a throw.  It's not like the opportunities aren't there, because they are.  Josh just doesn't see them.

Who is the slot guy or the pass catching TE?  Define "more than enough" it looks like to me near zero.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 22, 2013, 06:11:25 PM

Yeah, OK, our receiving corps sucks, absolutely no talent there.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 22, 2013, 06:12:03 PM

Yeah, OK, our receiving corps sucks, absolutely no talent there.
Jackson and Williams is not enough.

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 22, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

They are if you have a credible QB. 

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 22, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

That receiving crew looked like a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 22, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

They are if you have a credible QB.

Brady has Edelman and (when he returns) Gronk.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 22, 2013, 06:21:31 PM

Its as if NFL defenses caught up to Mike Sullivan late last season and never looked back.

They caught up to Freeman in 2011.  We fooled them for a bit in 2012, but now we can no longer hide the suck that is Josh Freeman.  The book is out.

You keep saying that, and I keep asking you, "what should he have done?" and you never answer.  What long term solution was out there?

We tried to at least take a shot at addressing it with Glennon.  Hell, the plan all along may have been to bench Josh at the bye.
I don't know what the long term solution is. I can't see the future. I just know you can't do the same thing over and over again when it isn't working and just hope for it to start working.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 22, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

I don't know what the long term solution is. I can't see the future. I just know you can't do the same thing over and over again when it isn't working and just hope for it to start working.

Sometimes you don't have much of a choice.  Not much point complaining that someone didn't fix a problem when they didn't have an opportunity to do so.  And maybe Glennon works out. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 22, 2013, 06:32:19 PM

That receiving crew looked like a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.

A crappy QB will make his WRs look like that.  A good QB will find a way to make them look good.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front Office/Coaching Failures Are Glaring « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools