Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings reportedly interested in Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 27, 2013, 01:09:09 AM

Josh Freeman Trade: Vikings reportedly interested in Buccaneers quarterback

By Sander Philipse@Sanderrp on Sep 26 2013, 9:57

Bruce Kluckhohn-US PRESSWIRE

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers need to find a way to get something in return for Josh Freeman, and the Minnesota Vikings could be the team to give up something.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers could trade Josh Freeman to the Minnesota Vikings, according to Jason La Canfora (via The Daily Norseman). La Canfora "continues to hear" that Minnesota would be inclined to make a move. Christian Ponder has struggled, who is now injured. The 0-3 Vikings are in London at the moment and could start Matt Cassel this week. If that doesn't work out, they have the bye week the next week and that would be a perfect time to add Freeman to give him some time to get acclimated to their system.

The big issue here will be salary cap. The Minnesota Vikings have around $1.3 million in cap space according to OvertheCap.com, while Freeman has around $6.9 million left on this year's contract. There are ways around that: Freeman could take a pay cut, he could sign a cheap extension which includes a restructure, the Vikings could clean up cap space by restructuring other contracts, or the Bucs could take on a large part of Freeman's contract by converting salary to roster bonus before trading him. But it's still an issue.

If the Buccaneers do get rid of Freeman, they'd likely accept a late-round pick in exchange. The quarterback has almost no value for them at this point, while few teams will be interested in trading for a struggling quarterback who doesn't know their system and takes up a lot of salary cap space. Anything they can get would be a win, really.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/26/4775460/josh-freeman-trade-vikings-reportedly-interested-in-buccaneers/in/4110201

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#1 : September 27, 2013, 01:41:34 AM

This would be a bad landing spot for Freeman.  I understand that he wants to play now, but I don't think he's mentally ready.  He needs to go somewhere with a veteran starter and a stable coaching situation.  That way he could sit back and learn while he starts to regain his confidence. 

With that being said, the Bucs should take that pick (as long as it's equal to the expected compensatory pick) and run.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 27, 2013, 01:47:32 AM

It makes sense that the Vikings would show interest. Freemans price tag is probably a big hurdle for this trade to happen though. I agree he needs to sit for a little on go to a stable environment with good coaches but I don't think thats what he will want to do and I dont think its what I would want to do either

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 27, 2013, 01:54:26 AM

I don't see how being moved anywhere is bad for Freeman. The Vikings have a talented group around them, and a coach that doesn't alienate his starters. He could be successful there with AP, Jennings, Rudolph and co. Worst case scenario, Frazier gets canned and he's a unrestricted FA next off season anyway.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 27, 2013, 02:04:07 AM

I don't understand why the Bucs wouldn't pay part or all of his salary to trade him if the alternative is to pay him anyway and let him walk at the end of the year.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 27, 2013, 02:08:20 AM

I don't understand why the Bucs wouldn't pay part or all of his salary to trade him if the alternative is to pay him anyway and let him walk at the end of the year.

True. Better to do that and at least get a pick out of it.

SCOUT

Starter

#6 : September 27, 2013, 02:19:37 AM

Seriously, there is something off with Josh. He needs to fix himself. He needs to look at himself. This is a bigger issue than football.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 27, 2013, 02:24:23 AM

Greg Schiano and Mike Sullivan are what was off with Josh. He'll fix it by leaving this organization.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 27, 2013, 03:17:34 AM

Greg Schiano and Mike Sullivan are what was off with Josh. He'll fix it by leaving this organization.

I love seeing people bring this up all the time. So what's the excuse for him being bad before Schiano and Sullivan?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 27, 2013, 05:40:24 AM

....We will take a first and nothing less!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 27, 2013, 06:10:44 AM

LOLz

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 27, 2013, 06:16:30 AM

LOLz

The raiders have a first, right?

....THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 27, 2013, 06:55:59 AM

LOLz

The raiders have a first, right?

....THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!!
if irratioanl mr. Davis was still alive, maybe.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 27, 2013, 07:21:51 AM

Seriously, there is something off with Josh. He needs to fix himself. He needs to look at himself. This is a bigger issue than football.

A good night with a lady or 2 or 3 will fix that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 27, 2013, 08:09:26 AM

6th round pick that could conditionally turn into a 5th if he starts so many games.

Make it happen Dummynik ....another one of your wasted high picks exchanged for a low pick.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings reportedly interested in Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools