Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best rookie season for an NFL QB « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: September 28, 2013, 08:26:15 AM

The best I can remember was Dan Marino in 1983, long before the NFL went "pass happy". In 11 games, he threw for 20 TDs and 6 picks. 2210 yards & QB rating of 96. The man just looked like he was born to play QB in the NFL; had an amazing feel for the game...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 28, 2013, 08:35:58 AM

Well Glennon has all the parts he needs to be successful as a rookie, assuming Vjax and Mike Will play tomorrow. Good defense, good running game, good WR. I'm excited to see what happens. I just can't imagine that the putrid stink of the buccaneers offense is due to talent at any place other than QB. Good offensive line, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, good 2nd WR

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 28, 2013, 08:52:56 AM

The most influential position on offense is QB. Stellar play from your QB can compensate for some of a team's mistakes. RB figures into the equation too, but in today's game, like it or not (I don't), the QB is king...
     I just get a vibe from watching Glennon; my expectations are UP for the first time at QB. Heck, I didn't even expect much from Testaverde here, as he was too slow and had an inferior supporting cast.
    We are DUE!!!

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 28, 2013, 09:05:25 AM

Well Glennon has all the parts he needs to be successful as a rookie, assuming Vjax and Mike Will play tomorrow. Good defense, good running game, good WR. I'm excited to see what happens. I just can't imagine that the putrid stink of the buccaneers offense is due to talent at any place other than QB. Good offensive line, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, good 2nd WR

Well.. you're wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 28, 2013, 09:13:42 AM

Well.. you're wrong.

u mad about freeman bro?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 28, 2013, 09:36:51 AM

And Marino is one of the few QBs with a great rookie season to IMPROVE on it as a sophomore. 48 TD passes, 5000+ yards in 16 games. And a QB rating of 108+...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 28, 2013, 10:33:39 AM

Well.. you're wrong.

u mad about freeman bro?

He's not mad. If anything, you've become "mad."

Like I, and a few others have tried to explain, free was A cause to the problem, NOT the problem itself.

They can put a manning back there and if they continue to use the same system they did with freeman, it's not going to work as well as if they used a actual good/reliable system. It just isn't. Glennon MIGHT look good in the next couple of games, but the reason why I say that is because unknown rookies have been doing well in the NFL recently. The small amount of tape keeps them guessing.

Once glennon starts having to use/lean on this boring, and very readable system, it's going to fall apart when he finds there are hardly anyone designed to throw to in close range, and teams have learned his tendencies.

Glennon isn't Manning level talent, and neither is this system.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 28, 2013, 11:08:32 AM

I think Glennon will be an improvement, but until we start doing something other than 50/50 WR routes, our offense is gonna struggle. You cant jumpball your way to the SB. I would love to see Glennons rocket fire some lasers to Page or Demps short-to-mid range slants.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 28, 2013, 11:12:02 AM

I expect to see a much wider array of passes from Glennon, simply because he can hit them at a decent percentage. Freeman couldn't...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 28, 2013, 11:15:53 AM

Marino's rookie season was historic.  It always annoys me when people give Matt Ryan credit for the best rookie quarterbacking ever.  Ryan's in the discussion, but Marino was incomparable.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 28, 2013, 11:48:29 AM

LMAO
Seriously did you even watch the last few games?
-good defence? Maybe,but alot of stat padding against average offense like NYJ and NE. And lets not forget about all those penalties.
-good run game? Pretty much the definiton of average. Horrible against NYJ, stat padding against the worst rush defense of last year and their thin front 7(NO), solid against NE
-good WR? MW has not done much so far, Vjax had multiple drops, Vjax still has the stats(lets not forget about the 74y TD) but actually the fact we have nobody beside Vjax is illustrated in Vjax stats.
-good OL? Have you seen Penn and Jospeh? And lets not froget about Carimi's penalty taking away Vjax 74y TD.
-PB RB? Martin had less than 100y in 6 of his last 9 games. The 3 100+ games came against the worst, 10th worst and 12th worst rush(with nothing on the line) defense of last year. Martin had the least amount of runs against a stacked box of all RBs in the NFL last year.

Sorry, but im not buying the claim that Glennon will be successful here IF he has the talent no matter what.
We have alot of issues and i do not see our QB in the perfect position to succeed.
: September 28, 2013, 11:50:24 AM QaZ

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 28, 2013, 07:58:50 PM

RG3 last year. 8.14 YPA, 20 TDs, 5 INTs, 815 rush yards

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 28, 2013, 08:05:50 PM

RGIII had 815 yards rushing. Mike Glennon will finish the season with 8.15 yards rushing. He is the textbook example of a pocket QB.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best rookie season for an NFL QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools