Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A couple big names think Johnny Manziel can be successful in the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#15 : September 28, 2013, 10:02:10 PM

Squad and young, I believe you're missing my point.

Maybe I'm wrong, and indeed he is throwing his guys open... maybe he's just that good? Because of the type of argument this is, it could be either.

However, this is something that is very tough to gage. From what I've seen, a lot of the plays are designed to make YAC. That doesn't dismiss what Bwater is doing, it just makes me question his eliteness a little. Also, if you watch their wideouts, they're pretty solid blockers once someone gets going. YAC isn't a bad thing at all, but it isn't the QB making those yards, it's the Wr's and blockers.

He's still worthy of top three status, no doubt. He's MAKInG those throws regardless. But I am already questioning his talent vs. system, and his ability to think on the fly.

He should be a good QB, but idk if he's going to be as good as manziel or mariota at the professional level.

(Trust me, I know the stance I've taken on Water was going to be a rough one before I ever started talking about it)

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/2/28/4036850/adjusted-completion-percentages-collin-klein-matt-barkley
 Pass distribution From last years season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 28, 2013, 10:09:18 PM

Ty for posting that.

It looks like he also won't be a fan of zone coverage.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 28, 2013, 10:28:57 PM

Drafting him is starting to grow on me.  He has his faults, but he also has the "it factor".  Something our benched QB lacked.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A couple big names think Johnny Manziel can be successful in the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools