Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Horror movies « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 28, 2013, 04:12:50 PM

We just made our 11 year old watch Halloween for the first time and he thought it was stupid.  Mocked it the whole way through .  Frickin kids. 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 28, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

The kid is right, it was pretty dumb. Its claim to fame is first, not best.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 28, 2013, 04:56:47 PM

The original "Piranha" movie.

I don't if you would call it a horror movie or not but if you were a teenager tripping your brains out on mushrooms it would probably leave quite an impression.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 11, 2013, 03:29:17 AM

Favorite horror movie? Probably a toss up between Bruce campbell's Army of Darkness or nightmare on elm street 3: dream warriors.

Most horrific favorite? Cujo or the Aliens series.

Runners up would be: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, and Pan's labyrinth.
army of darkness really?  I found the whole Evil Dead trilogy quite lame. And that one was the worst.

It's so campy, I know. But with that movie, it really isn't the point. Bruce was a great overly exaggerated actor, and up until that point horror movies weren't "funny." They were dry and boring. That series may have created the funny-horror genre. Out of all campy-like horror movies, what would you say beats it to this day? Wish master, maybe. I mean, I did throw in cujo or aliens as more of a "horror" type horror flick. There are different kinds of horror flicks after all. 

Hellraiser was also a good one, but it was ruined by too much talking, dry acting, and basically stagnate film time. Sometimes, campy is a good thing.

But I understand how you feel. I feel the same way about the Highlander movies.
: November 11, 2013, 03:32:34 AM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 11, 2013, 06:04:32 AM

Im tellin ya'll... Suspiria.

This guy...

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 12, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

We just made our 11 year old watch Halloween for the first time and he thought it was stupid.  Mocked it the whole way through .  Frickin kids.

What a coincidence!  Our 11 year old just watched Halloween for the first time as well.

She didn't mock it but she thought Part 2 was better than the first one.

Her father tends to agree.   :)

Turn the page.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 14, 2013, 05:43:08 PM

Best horror films:

1. Psycho
2. Cabinet of Dr Caligari
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. The Ring
5. Evil Dead Ii

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 19, 2013, 10:42:00 PM

Im tellin ya'll... Suspiria.
I gotta check that one out

MSU_Fan

Starter

#38 : November 20, 2013, 10:25:21 PM

Does anybody remember Halloween 3? The one without Michael Myers?...I thought it was okay, not great not terrible.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 23, 2013, 01:48:36 PM

Does anybody remember Halloween 3? The one without Michael Myers?...I thought it was okay, not great not terrible.

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't that the one about witches.

I thought it was weird especially coming off Halloween 2, which IMO was great!

Turn the page.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 24, 2013, 12:36:42 AM

I'll tell you a series I really enjoy...Sleepaway Camp. Its so bad it's good. I even liked the newest one with the "cop with the dark sunglasses and 'throat mic'" DIDNT SEE THAT COMING! lol

Thanks for the sig Java!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 24, 2013, 09:02:58 AM

Oddly it was called Season of the witch but it was about Halloween masks wi some sort of mind control devices and .... Well the overall level of suck makes it hard for me to recall anything else. Maybe witches made the mind control devices.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#42 : November 24, 2013, 12:51:35 PM

I'll tell you a series I really enjoy...Sleepaway Camp. Its so bad it's good. I even liked the newest one with the "cop with the dark sunglasses and 'throat mic'" DIDNT SEE THAT COMING! lol

Watched Cinema Snob's review of that one, it does look like a great movie for those who appreciate the camp and bad acting of the Friday franchise. :)

MSU_Fan

Starter

#43 : November 24, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

Oddly it was called Season of the witch but it was about Halloween masks wi some sort of mind control devices and .... Well the overall level of suck makes it hard for me to recall anything else. Maybe witches made the mind control devices.

From what I remember it was started by this crazy Pagan Irish guy who wanted to bring Halloween back to it's evil origins through child sacrifice. Again, I thought it was okay as a stand alone film. Seeing children get eaten by bug masks is pretty disturbing, which was obviously the intention. On the other hand...It's pretty silly.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#44 : November 24, 2013, 04:48:41 PM

Favorite horror genre is probably the classic Universal monsters of the 30s to the 50s, my favorite obviously being The Wolf Man. Any other Wolf Man or Wolfman (Wolfman=remake, Wolf Man=original) fans out there on da boards? Also love The Mummy from 1933 and 1959, who unlike The Wolf Man did NOT get an intelligent, deep or even decent remake.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Horror movies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools