Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Horror movies « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
: September 30, 2013, 03:44:12 PM

It's almost October so I was wondering everyone's favorite scary movies.

My favorite is The Shining with the most recent The Hills Have Eyes coming in second. 

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 01, 2013, 08:29:03 PM

I've always liked the Halloween series. The Thing is good. Evil Dead series, even the new one was pretty good.

Thanks for the sig Java!

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#2 : October 03, 2013, 05:14:50 PM

Yea, I agree, the new Evil Dead was pretty good.  Did you stay through the credits to hear "Grooooooovvvvy"? 

I wonder how long it will take someone to remake Army of Darkness?  In today's world it seems everything is getting remade, enter Carrie!

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 04, 2013, 04:24:04 PM

Yea, I agree, the new Evil Dead was pretty good.  Did you stay through the credits to hear "Grooooooovvvvy"? 

I wonder how long it will take someone to remake Army of Darkness?  In today's world it seems everything is getting remade, enter Carrie!

lol yea I love Bruce Campbell. Sam Raimi's next project is Army of Darkness 2..with Campbell O.O. There are a lot of articles online about it.

Thanks for the sig Java!

MSU_Fan

Starter

#4 : October 04, 2013, 11:40:46 PM

People rip The Blair Witch Project to shreds these days, but it still terrifies me to this day (Even if the characters are complete idiots, I won't deny the acting and scares are brilliant) The Thing, The Strangers and Grave Encounters were scary as all hell. But the best horror movie of all time? That would have to be the only one that actually SCARED me...(REC)

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 05, 2013, 10:03:13 AM

You're the first person I've ever heard say 'The Strangers' was anything but absolute crap. I was cheering when they finally killed those morons, and had been wanting them to die for quite a while.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 06, 2013, 11:29:28 AM

Thankskilling :p

I enjoyed The Conjuring. Friday the 13th series was good the first few times. Saw is another good one, but the rest suck.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 07, 2013, 03:52:11 PM

The first Saw blew my mind, great flick.

The Conjuring was good as well.  The wife doesn't like horror movies but she really liked Conjuring.

Did anyone see Insidious ?  The sequel looked "ehhh" but heard the original was good. 

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 08, 2013, 10:07:42 PM

The Conjuring was good as well.  The wife doesn't like horror movies but she really liked Conjuring.

Did anyone see Insidious ?  The sequel looked "ehhh" but heard the original was good.

I saw Insidious in the theatres. It wasn't very good. I did enjoy The Woman in Black with the harry potter actor. Did you know its a Hammer Film? The same studio that made all those great Christopher Lee Dracula films in the 70s. Those are great btw.

Thanks for the sig Java!

MSU_Fan

Starter

#9 : October 12, 2013, 08:19:50 PM

I saw Insidious in the theatres. It wasn't very good. I did enjoy The Woman in Black with the harry potter actor. Did you know its a Hammer Film? The same studio that made all those great Christopher Lee Dracula films in the 70s. Those are great btw.

Oh absolutley. The 50's Mummy is one of my all-time favorite movies. Has anyone here seen (REC)?

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 12, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

Enjoyed Halloween, SAW, Psycho and Amityville Horror.

However, as is the case with sequels, the follow-ups usually end up way too played out.

Turn the page.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#11 : October 12, 2013, 08:38:46 PM

If ya guys are big movie buffs, check out my Pewter Report review of The Wolfman here:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1309941.msg2043586.html#msg2043586

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2013, 01:44:49 PM

Halloween (The original), Nightmare on Elm St 3, Invasion of the body snatchers (1978 version) and Psycho 2 (yes I'm embarrassed).

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 14, 2013, 03:06:26 PM

Oh absolutley. The 50's Mummy is one of my all-time favorite movies. Has anyone here seen (REC)?

REC is a decent flick.  Nice tension and surprise scares.     

MSU_Fan

Starter

#14 : October 14, 2013, 03:35:35 PM

Halloween (The original), Nightmare on Elm St 3, Invasion of the body snatchers (1978 version) and Psycho 2 (yes I'm embarrassed).

Don't be embarrassed. I love a lot of films that are unpopular; The Wolfman, the Star Wars prequels and The Blair Witch Project to name a few.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Horror movies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools