Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On the day Obamacare starts - Look across the Atlantic « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
: October 01, 2013, 01:15:11 PM

At the risk of offending a certain spinner here on The Cove who says that people in the UK buy private insurance because they want to NOT because the system has long lines:

http://news.sky.com/story/1148528/gp-plan-to-bring-in-out-of-hours-surgeries

David Cameron has told Sky News he wants doctors' surgeries to be open for longer to ease the pressure on overstretched A&E departments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10345798/Plan-for-GP-surgeries-to-open-seven-days-a-week.html

Plan for GP surgeries to open seven days a week
GPs will be asked to open seven days a week for up to 12 hours and consult patients via email and internet video link under plans to make it easier for patients to see a doctor

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 01, 2013, 01:22:27 PM

My understanding is that it opened and closed at pretty much the same time :)

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#2 : October 01, 2013, 01:46:45 PM

I just checked what I'd have to pay for the "Bronze package" as a poor college student. A whopping $1/month. That is unreal.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#3 : October 01, 2013, 07:38:43 PM

Is there anybody else getting ridiculously cheap healthcare out of this? If I opt for the "Silver" plan, it would be $41/month, so I will probably just do that. This would be the first time I have health insurance in my adult life.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 01, 2013, 07:56:37 PM

Don't worry, I'll pick up the tab for the rest of the cost. I don't mind at all, really. Vote Obama! Hopey, changey, and stuff.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#5 : October 01, 2013, 08:29:55 PM

Your .00000000000001% of a penny that went towards my monthly subsidies, why thank you good sir.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 01, 2013, 08:50:35 PM

If only it were so. Unfortunately, Obama promised about a billion other bums a free ride on the back of the working man, too. But don't you worry, we'll all get second jobs so you freeloaders can take it easy. You deserve to be paid for your vote afterall.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#7 : October 01, 2013, 09:12:19 PM

If only it were so. Unfortunately, Obama promised about a billion other bums a free ride on the back of the working man, too. But don't you worry, we'll all get second jobs so you freeloaders can take it easy. You deserve to be paid for your vote afterall.

A billion, literally? I work 5 nights waiting tables, I go to school 4 days during the afternoon, and the other 2 nights. Yeah, I'm definitely taking it easy. I can't even imagine how nice it must be to have a "weekend".

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2013, 09:14:46 PM

.000000000000001 literally?

You don't like the weaksauce you tried to serve me?

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#9 : October 01, 2013, 09:19:53 PM

If you think you paid more than that fraction of a penny personally towards me, I'll let you prove it. I can easily prove a "Billion" other bums didn't get a free ride off the back of a working man. Have you checked what your rates will be if you switched to the options under ACA? I've stumped three Republican friends already, by showing that their health insurance would go down under these new packages.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 01, 2013, 09:32:45 PM

All I can find out is my premiums would triple. And that is for the bronze plan. I don't know what I would get for that because the Florida Marketplace isn't working.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#11 : October 01, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

^ I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, (possibly lying), but every single person I have shown the California marketplace, is excited to see that their costs will be going down. I had one diehard Republican friend text me this morning that his health insurance would rise to $220/month because ******** Obamacare. I typed in his age, 30, income 20k (waiter), and single, and his bronze was 20/month, silver was around 75.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 01, 2013, 09:39:47 PM

Today HCA said it was cutting all prices at its hospitals and Merck said it was cutting 30% off all its drugs because everyone is insured . .  . . .  oh . .  wait . .  they didn't say that?  no price cut? . . . . somebody tell me again, why did we do this?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 01, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

At the risk of offending a certain spinner here on The Cove who says that people in the UK buy private insurance because they want to NOT because the system has long lines:

Link?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 01, 2013, 09:55:10 PM

^ I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, (possibly lying), but every single person I have shown the California marketplace, is excited to see that their costs will be going down. I had one diehard Republican friend text me this morning that his health insurance would rise to $220/month because ******** Obamacare. I typed in his age, 30, income 20k (waiter), and single, and his bronze was 20/month, silver was around 75.

Me, wife and 2 kids:

results
Because your income is more than x times the poverty level, you would not qualify for subsidized exchange coverage. The information below is about unsubsidized exchange coverage.

Household income in 2014: xxx% of poverty level

Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014 :$11,485

Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy: None Amount you pay for the premium:$11,485 per year

(which equals xxx% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium) You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:$0 (which covers 0% of the overall premium)
: October 01, 2013, 09:57:03 PM spartan
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On the day Obamacare starts - Look across the Atlantic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools