Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And now THIS: Buccaneers have fined Josh Freeman twice in last month « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

: October 02, 2013, 07:34:09 PM

From SI:

Buccaneers have fined Josh Freeman twice in last month

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131002/josh-freeman-fine-tampa-bay-buccaneers/#ixzz2gbv2ZbJd

Add another layer to the ongoing feud between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and quarterback Josh Freeman, as SI has learned that Freeman has been fined twice by the club in the last month, including once in the last week, for conduct detrimental to the team. The infractions include missing at least one team meeting and participating in an unauthorized media interview. According to a source, Freeman plans to appeal the fines.

The fine potentially sets up a scenario under which Tampa Bay can suspend Freeman without pay. That would allow the team to attempt to trade the fifth-year QB while not paying a portion of his salary.

Freeman lost the starting job to rookie Mike Glennon prior to Week 4 and was forced to watch the Buccaneers' 13-10 loss to the Cardinals from a suite. Late Monday night it was revealed that Freeman was a Stage 1 participant in the NFL's drug program, a leak which violated Freeman's confidentiality rights. He defended himself, saying his participation was voluntary. The NFLPA has announced that it will investigate the source of the drug program revelation. Coach Greg Schiano has vehemently denied that he was the source.

More at the link above. Sigh.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 02, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

Gotta get your ass to the meetings... Like any back up should

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 02, 2013, 07:40:11 PM

Gotta get your ass to the meetings... Like any back up should

But, but, but, he's "The JOSH"....rules don't apply to "The JOSH!!!!"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 02, 2013, 07:42:27 PM

Sounds like captain material....who rigged that vote again ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 02, 2013, 07:42:29 PM

I wonder if this is the same meeting that Josh's camp is claiming he was told not to attend.  And they claimed that he was told not to attend just so it would look bad on him in front of his teammates.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 02, 2013, 07:42:56 PM

The fine potentially sets up a scenario under which Tampa Bay can suspend Freeman without pay. That would allow the team to attempt to trade the fifth-year QB while not paying a portion of his salary.

That wil go over well with any potential FAs who might want to come here next year. And if somehow, Schiano  is still here, you can forget about those FAs. Who would want to come to this mess? Glazers better wake up and fix this now. I'm probably overreacting but it's a little annoying seeing our favorite team
in the news every day with this garbage.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 02, 2013, 07:43:48 PM

I wonder if this is the same meeting that Josh's camp is claiming he was told not to attend.  And they claimed that he was told not to attend just so it would look bad on him in front of his teammates.

I've heard some rumors but won't post them here. Let's just say that after a loss, it's probably a good idea to show up on time for the  film session. And it wasn't the Arizona game...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 02, 2013, 07:44:03 PM

That wouldn't shock me.

Hey Josh, don't go to that meeting.

Hey Josh, why did you miss that meeting?

Fined!

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 02, 2013, 07:44:28 PM

That wil go over well with any potential FAs who might want to come here next year. And if somehow, Schiano  is still here, you can forget about those FAs. Who would want to come to this mess? Glazers better wake up and fix this now. I'm probably overreacting but it's a little annoying seeing our favorite team
in the news every day with this garbage.

You are not over reacting. I wish they would just put Wanny in charge TOMORROW MORNING!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 02, 2013, 07:44:55 PM

Let the games continue

Josh is trying to force their hand in being cut and get his 6.5 mill and go be free.

Org is making life difficult for Josh, hoping he screws up and compromises his guaranteed pay.

This should go well.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#10 : October 02, 2013, 07:44:58 PM

Josh Freeman will be off the team soon.

Who cares about what has or will happen to him here.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 02, 2013, 07:46:02 PM

That wouldn't shock me.

Fined!
I think it's Josh's camp that's making **CENSORED** up.  And they are the ones with the smear campaign going on.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 02, 2013, 07:48:17 PM

Yeah because Josh has been so reliable the rest of this season....late for meetings , missing the team photos , missing his own football camp.

Oh course it was the Bucs who tricked him into missing this latest meeting .... course it was. lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 02, 2013, 07:49:19 PM

How would you guys feel if this happened?

Wanny replaces Schiano who is sent back to Jersey.

Wanny's first order of biz is to put Freeman back as starter because right now, he gives team best chance to win on Sundays. Wanny fires Sully and McNulty takes over as OC. They immediately implement a game plan that plays to Josh's strengths (roll him out a lot) and urge him to run if the opportunity presents itself.

Just curious at how folks would handle that very unlikely hypothetical.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 02, 2013, 07:50:17 PM

That wouldn't shock me.

Fined!
I think it's Josh's camp that's making **CENSORED** up.  And they are the ones with the smear campaign going on.
Becoming more obvious now with the amount of different things coming out. One side is clearly moving on and the other side is just disgruntled.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And now THIS: Buccaneers have fined Josh Freeman twice in last month « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools