Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Team Signs Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 04, 2013, 12:08:07 AM

I think he'll stay unemployed for the remainder of the season unless someone of importance gets hurt.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#46 : October 04, 2013, 08:01:54 AM

Weeden has better numbers this season than Freeman.

Offensive coordinators around the league are pleading their cases with their GMs today.

Please DON'T SIGN FREEMAN!

STERN11354

Starter

#47 : October 04, 2013, 08:04:29 AM

I think teams would look at him and if some team signed him it'd be vet minimum.

Justin2626

Rookie

#48 : October 04, 2013, 08:28:36 AM

How about the Bills? I haven't heard anything about EJ Manuel's injury but it didn't look to pretty. If he's out for an extended amount of time, I think Freeman is definitely their best option, sans making a trade for a rostered QB.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#49 : October 04, 2013, 08:41:18 AM

Weeden has better numbers this season than Freeman.

Offensive coordinators around the league are pleading their cases with their GMs today.

Please DON'T SIGN FREEMAN!
I don't know, I could see an overly arrogant O.C. thinking Josh could be his project.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#50 : October 04, 2013, 08:45:38 AM

If your offensive scheme requires the QB to read defenses and then decide where to throw the ball - he'll fail.

If your offensive scheme is more ad lib - everybody go out and I'll see if I can make things happen (like 2010),  he's the guy.

But I don't know if there's a team using a run and gun type of offense.

britbuc14

Starter

#51 : October 04, 2013, 08:46:10 AM

i still think Green Bay to go back with Van Pelt

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#52 : October 04, 2013, 08:52:21 AM

No one would give up a seventh round pick for the guy. I don't think it's going to matter too much where he goes

I dont get why people are hung up on the fact no one wanted to trade for him.  Its business, why give up anything for a player who you know will be cut by their team regardless?  And on top of that Freeman's contract would come with him in a trade.   

Now since hes released, a team can sign him without giving anything up and make a contract on their own terms.

In business, if you don't want to get into a bidding war with other competitors, you make a deal. Apparently, there isn't strong interest in Free.

In business you don't pay for something you can get for free....

JohnBuc06

Starter

#53 : October 04, 2013, 08:55:51 AM

Moscow Black Storm.

At least Freeman would have better coaching!  ;D

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 04, 2013, 08:57:13 AM

No one would give up a seventh round pick for the guy. I don't think it's going to matter too much where he goes

I dont get why people are hung up on the fact no one wanted to trade for him.  Its business, why give up anything for a player who you know will be cut by their team regardless?  And on top of that Freeman's contract would come with him in a trade.   

Now since hes released, a team can sign him without giving anything up and make a contract on their own terms.

In business, if you don't want to get into a bidding war with other competitors, you make a deal. Apparently, there isn't strong interest in Free.

Exactly! It was worth the gamble to get him at rock bottom price.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#55 : October 04, 2013, 09:06:55 AM

Exactly! It was worth the gamble to get him at rock bottom price.

You haven't noticed yet, buffoonery trumps logic on this site....

freddy

Hall of Famer
#56 : October 04, 2013, 09:08:56 AM

Denver - Perfect situation for Freeman.  Quality organization, good coach and a GREAT mentor in Manning.  He gets this year to prove he is worth keeping then the opportunity to replace Manning in 2-3 years. Similar to the Texan situation but better.  Denver does have 2 young QB's on the roster that they seem to like so that could nix that, but it would be a gret situation for Freeman.  Not to mention, he would have a chance to be yet another Buccaneers QB to earn a SB ring after being let go by the Bucs.  :P

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#57 : October 04, 2013, 09:11:46 AM

Denver - Perfect situation for Freeman.  Quality organization, good coach and a GREAT mentor in Manning.  He gets this year to prove he is worth keeping then the opportunity to replace Manning in 2-3 years. Similar to the Texan situation but better.  Denver does have 2 young QB's on the roster that they seem to like so that could nix that, but it would be a gret situation for Freeman.  Not to mention, he would have a chance to be yet another Buccaneers QB to earn a SB ring after being let go by the Bucs.  :P
yep...I can see that...Elway could sign him as a backup... would have to convince John Foxx...two years backing up Payton Manning would be a ideal situation...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Team Signs Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools