Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unpopular Films You Thought Should Have Been Nominated for Best Picture « previous next »
Page: 1

MSU_Fan

Starter

: October 04, 2013, 11:43:53 PM

NOTE: I only said won because I couldn't fit nominated. So I meant "nominated" not won. And remember, this is unpopular films so no going around saying "You're an idiot" to people. You can say you don't agree with them, which can help spark a debate, but don't treat people like idiots because they disagree with you.

BEST PICTURE:

The Wolfman (2010)

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Troy

The Village

Signs

The Devil's Double

The Soloist

The Lovely Bones

The Black Dahlia

After Fall Winter

Watchmen

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 08, 2013, 10:15:18 PM

I agree with Watchmen. I loved the comics and was ecstatic when I heard they were making a movie. When I think of underrated movies I always think of Moon. An amazing film with that funny dude from Galaxy Quest...Sam Rockwell . It's a must see.

A few other films that blew my mind are Leon the Professional, Blade Runner, and Highlander.

Thanks for the sig Java!

MSU_Fan

Starter

#2 : October 09, 2013, 09:50:06 PM

I agree with Watchmen. I loved the comics and was ecstatic when I heard they were making a movie. When I think of underrated movies I always think of Moon. An amazing film with that funny dude from Galaxy Quest...Sam Rockwell . It's a must see.

A few other films that blew my mind are Leon the Professional, Blade Runner, and Highlander.

Yeah, Watchmen was a masterpiece. And personally, I actually love the ending of that film more than the ending from the graphic novel. As for Leon, Highlander and Blade Runner, those are some of my favorite movies, but don;t apply since most people love them. What did you think of The Wolfman?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 10, 2013, 10:36:08 AM

Blade Runner was widely panned on its release. I would rate it top three of all time. Poltergeist, The Year Of Living Dangerously, The Thing, An Officer And A Gentleman, 48 Hours, The Wall, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Wrath Of Khan, and Das Boot all came out in 1982.

Missing, Tootsie, The Verdict, and E.T. were nominated, Gandhi won.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#4 : October 10, 2013, 09:22:29 PM

Blade Runner was widely panned on its release. I would rate it top three of all time. Poltergeist, The Year Of Living Dangerously, The Thing, An Officer And A Gentleman, 48 Hours, The Wall, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Wrath Of Khan, and Das Boot all came out in 1982.

Missing, Tootsie, The Verdict, and E.T. were nominated, Gandhi won.

Did not know that. Here's hoping the same thing that happened to Blade Runner happens to The Wolfman and Revenge of the Sith.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unpopular Films You Thought Should Have Been Nominated for Best Picture « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools