Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting a Film Review Series on Pewter Report...What should I do first? « previous next »
Page: 1

MSU_Fan

Starter

: October 11, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

Well, I've decided to make a silent promise. 5 years from now, I'm going to try to be known as the "official film expert" of Pewter Report. So what better way than to start a film review series! I'll be doing extremely long reviews (Or practically "film essays" if they really leave an impact on me) on well...Pretty much everything! So, I wrote a few suggestions of extremely good movies as well as extremely bad ones for me to review. Vote on which one you want me to praise/beat down the most and I'll check it out first!

HATE:
The Devil Inside (Worst movie I've ever seen)
The Animated Titanic Musicals
Batman & Robin
The Fred Movies
Hunger Games
Sky High

LOVE:
The Wolfman (My all-time favorite movie)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
(REC)
Felidae
Star Wars Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith
Dark City
Unbreakable

Alright, I'm probably going to get 0 COMMENTS, or simply just joke/pity comments, but whatever. It's worth a shot. ;)

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 11, 2013, 05:09:25 PM

agree with Unbreakable. Gladiator is the best movie ever IMO.  Batman Begins, Heat, Equilibrium, and True Grit also.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#2 : October 11, 2013, 05:27:15 PM

agree with Unbreakable. Gladiator is the best movie ever IMO.  Batman Begins, Heat, Equilibrium, and True Grit also.

Batman Begins was really good, but I think TDKR was the best of the saga. Equilibrium is awesome even if Film Brain kind've damaged my opinion on it. The original True Grit was good but I actually really didn't like the remake. Felt really forced and cheesy.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2013, 05:46:56 PM

Not too familiar w/ many on that list but if you decide to review some of Stanley Kubrick's films I'm all ears. He started his career as a still photographer which makes his attention to visual detail remarkable. One of the finest film makers of all time. Good luck on your project

MSU_Fan

Starter

#4 : October 11, 2013, 07:33:07 PM

Not too familiar w/ many on that list but if you decide to review some of Stanley Kubrick's films I'm all ears. He started his career as a still photographer which makes his attention to visual detail remarkable. One of the finest film makers of all time. Good luck on your project

Oh absolutley. I think the main goal of my series however is to get people to see movies they wouldn't normally see though. But Kubrick will make an appearence! I think my first review will probably be The Wolfman.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2013, 08:57:30 AM

I was on a Kubrick kick for awhile and when I lived in Sarasota there was a little video store that a movie buff owned with just about any movie ever made.  I rented one of his first films-Paths of Glory (1957).  One of the best war movies I have ever seen.  Strongly recommend. 

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 12, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

90% of Kubrick films are masterpieces. Batman Begins is the best out of the Nolan trilogy by far. He insulted fans of Batman with TDKR. If you've ever read the comics you'd agree. With that said I did enjoy the trilogy.

Thanks for the sig Java!

MSU_Fan

Starter

#7 : October 12, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

90% of Kubrick films are masterpieces. Batman Begins is the best out of the Nolan trilogy by far. He insulted fans of Batman with TDKR. If you've ever read the comics you'd agree. With that said I did enjoy the trilogy.

Yeah, I know how they bastardized Bane. Hell, they didn't even give him Venom which really pissed me off. But if I can bring myself to view him as a character who ISN'T Bane, I really love it, The scenes with Alfred make me cry everytime. I personally think Star Wars is the greatest film saga ever. Even Phantom Menace, which I don't really like, is still a GOOD movie (Albeit the worst of the saga)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting a Film Review Series on Pewter Report...What should I do first? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools