Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1984 is just around the corner « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« : October 16, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »

A common core high school in Maryland gave sophomores a pretty interesting survey. First they denied it existed, then they said it was student driven. Questions ranged from what is your parents political affiliation to if Obama was white would he receive more or less criticism. The full survey is at the bottom of the story.

When TheBlaze asked the Montgomery County School District about the survey, at first officials denied its existence. When we presented parents’ claims that the survey was indeed posted on the school’s education web portal and that it was given to students without the ability to opt out, an official with the school district denied those claims too. However, in less than an hour, it was scrubbed from the Internet.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/16/parents-outraged-over-wildly-intrusive-school-survey-that-polls-students-on-obamas-skin-color-parents-political-affiliation-obamacare/

gone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : October 21, 2013, 02:25:11 AM »

My kid came home from school the other day with a "Fire Safety Superhero" booklet they give the kids for fire safety week.  On the back they wanted parent's signatures attesting that we reviewed the material with them, and that we took the "online survey".  Went to the survey and it asked for stuff like the number of people in the house and our household income.  WTF business is our income and what does it have to do with fire safety?  I crossed it out and wrote that we wouldn't be doing it.

Pisses me off because it's not the only crap like this.  The kids here have to do this KidBiz2000 crap.  It's basically read a mutilated version of the NYT and answer some very leading questions.  Never see anything but a liberal viewpoint there at all.  Constantly getting stuff like this.  And stuff they tell the kids but doesn't come home, you only find out by accident if your kid mentions it.

Next we'll have this here:

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 21, 2013, 04:06:35 AM »

More stories of what liberals are doing to our school system:

1. What was that about keeping religion out of schools? Oh, right, that's only Christianity.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/19/two-muslim-holy-days-could-become-public-school-holidays-under-nyc-mayoral-winner/

2. God? Why would you ever look up to God? Michael Jackson, now there's someone to look up to.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/17/they-cannot-take-god-out-of-our-children-mom-scores-big-victory-after-school-banned-daughters-god-assignment/

3. A masked gunman bursting into a room with a fake gun? Don't worry, it's just an "enrichment lesson" says the school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/18/north-carolina-students-horrified-with-enrichment-lesson-its-no-mystery-why-parents-are-furious/

Funny how the MSM ignores these stories.

And I've gotta throw this one in, good thing there are people like Joe and CBW around to make excuses for black on white violence. The white people involved in this incident deserve swift and harsh justice for honking their horn, and I'm positive they are lying about their injuries.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/20/group-of-10-black-teens-attack-white-couple-in-apparent-racial-assault/

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 22, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »

It's funny how these stories draw zero interest, just goes to show how numb everyone is to the way this country operates now. If the internet was around in the 50's and these stories were posted on a forum, the site would crash. Today they go ignored, says everything. Sometimes I think about the Revolutionary war, about how taxation sparked a revolt that led to the greatest country in history. The corruption and other nonsense that takes place in America today is infinitely times worse than what was going on back then. They revolted, we just ignore. If people today had the spirit of that generation, a revolt would have taken place decades ago. If people back then had our "I'm more interested in Honey Boo Boo than things that actually matter" mentality, this country wouldn't even exist. We've let things get to the point where every single person who has ever died fighting for this country did so for nothing, just a bunch of wasted lives. I'm positive that if our veterans from all the major wars were given a glimpse of the future, and saw what we've allowed this country to become, not one of them would have been willing to give their life for such a spineless group of people.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

« #4 : October 23, 2013, 04:44:34 AM »

Our Revolutionary War veterans fought for the idea that "All men were created equal". Except for Gays, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, and white men who didn't own property. Are you suggesting revolution because America is actually finally living up to the motto it used to justify it's independence?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 23, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »

So, WC, when Escobar speaks out against the corrupt, you assume he means Gays, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, and white men who didn't own property? Is that who you think the corrupt are?
« : October 23, 2013, 09:16:51 AM Bucfucious »

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 24, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »

Our Revolutionary War veterans fought for the idea that "All men were created equal". Except for Gays, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, and white men who didn't own property. Are you suggesting revolution because America is actually finally living up to the motto it used to justify it's independence?

Unbelievable. You are every bit the ass backwards, confused, distracted fool our politicians and the media hope to create on a daily basis. First they convince everyone they're a victim, next they tell you who your "enemy" is, someone you can point your finger at and pin any struggle you have on. Blacks against whites, men against women, democrats against republicans, gay against straight, atheist against theist etc. You're clearly the result of such a plan, and there are millions of others just like you. Two main problems exist in this country, 1. Our corrupt government and 2. People like you.

I have no doubt in my mind that I'm living in the least intelligent society the world has ever known. Corruption has reached an unimaginable level and you think I want a revolution because gays are getting married. Turn off MSNBC champ, it's ruining you.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 24, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »

He was already like this by the time he got out of school. The rest is just reinforcement of his conditioning.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 24, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »

A common core high school in Maryland gave sophomores a pretty interesting survey. First they denied it existed, then they said it was student driven. Questions ranged from what is your parents political affiliation to if Obama was white would he receive more or less criticism. The full survey is at the bottom of the story.

When TheBlaze asked the Montgomery County School District about the survey, at first officials denied its existence. When we presented parents’ claims that the survey was indeed posted on the school’s education web portal and that it was given to students without the ability to opt out, an official with the school district denied those claims too. However, in less than an hour, it was scrubbed from the Internet.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/16/parents-outraged-over-wildly-intrusive-school-survey-that-polls-students-on-obamas-skin-color-parents-political-affiliation-obamacare/

Those questions are pretty good if they are intended to facilitate in an AP Political class like the article says, but the school made the mistake of not making that clear upfront. Just coming out with it like the did is begging for trouble.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 24, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

My kid came home from school the other day with a "Fire Safety Superhero" booklet they give the kids for fire safety week.  On the back they wanted parent's signatures attesting that we reviewed the material with them, and that we took the "online survey".  Went to the survey and it asked for stuff like the number of people in the house and our household income.  WTF business is our income and what does it have to do with fire safety?  I crossed it out and wrote that we wouldn't be doing it.

Pisses me off because it's not the only crap like this.  The kids here have to do this KidBiz2000 crap.  It's basically read a mutilated version of the NYT and answer some very leading questions.  Never see anything but a liberal viewpoint there at all.  Constantly getting stuff like this.  And stuff they tell the kids but doesn't come home, you only find out by accident if your kid mentions it.

I had a similar experience and when I inquired, those sort of questions are related to Local and Federal grants. The school gets money depending on how many of the kids are within some kind of "underprivileged" or "minority" category as defined by your caring and sharing Fed/local Education Authority.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 24, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »

I had a similar experience and when I inquired, those sort of questions are related to Local and Federal grants. The school gets money depending on how many of the kids are within some kind of "underprivileged" or "minority" category as defined by your caring and sharing Fed/local Education Authority.

Yep, that's exactly what those kind of questions are for.  Data collection for grant reporting

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 01, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »

From a manual used in the military for "diversity training".....

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” a statement in the manual read.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/31/military-training-manual-the-healthy-white-heterosexual-christian-male-receives-many-unearned-advantages/

This country just keeps getting better and better. Way to go "progressives", the "progression" in this country is leading to a very lovely future. Two agendas in play here, one of course is the goal of racial division, which is far more a reality than the bogus racial equality "progressives" claim to want. Next, "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian males" would most likely be leading the charge in any kind of revolution, so this is just some standard brainwashing to get those in the military to hate what they'd be facing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 02, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »

It is interesting - wondering how far it will go before there is effective pushback... maybe when folks figure out who is paying whom for what....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #13 : November 03, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

Unbelievable. You are every bit the ass backwards, confused, distracted fool our politicians and the media hope to create on a daily basis. First they convince everyone they're a victim, next they tell you who your "enemy" is, someone you can point your finger at and pin any struggle you have on. Blacks against whites, men against women, democrats against republicans, gay against straight, atheist against theist etc. You're clearly the result of such a plan, and there are millions of others just like you. Two main problems exist in this country, 1. Our corrupt government and 2. People like you.

I have no doubt in my mind that I'm living in the least intelligent society the world has ever known. Corruption has reached an unimaginable level and you think I want a revolution because gays are getting married. Turn off MSNBC champ, it's ruining you.

I have no doubt in my mind that I'm living in the least intelligent society the world has ever known.

Absolutely correct......  Until there is a realization that  Equal Opportunity does not demand Equal Outcome the ignorance will continue.  Personally, I believe it is a form of mental illness that believes such crap.

Hardly can blame them with the public education and its "no child left behind" Mantra where everybody is  #1.  :o

I think it is time to drop the word Liberal for such types they are Left wing Communists that believe in respecting nothing and expecting everything for doing nothing.

Talked to a grandparent trying to teach his grand daughter the Times tables.   Got any angry call from her teacher to stop...  From the same class   7+ 5 ='s  ?      If the child states 11 or 13 that is deemed close enough?   :'(

Much of this years graduating class can't even write their name in cursive!  :o

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 16, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »

More stories of what liberals are doing to our school system:

1. What was that about keeping religion out of schools? Oh, right, that's only Christianity.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/19/two-muslim-holy-days-could-become-public-school-holidays-under-nyc-mayoral-winner/

2. God? Why would you ever look up to God? Michael Jackson, now there's someone to look up to.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/17/they-cannot-take-god-out-of-our-children-mom-scores-big-victory-after-school-banned-daughters-god-assignment/

3. A masked gunman bursting into a room with a fake gun? Don't worry, it's just an "enrichment lesson" says the school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/18/north-carolina-students-horrified-with-enrichment-lesson-its-no-mystery-why-parents-are-furious/

Funny how the MSM ignores these stories.

And I've gotta throw this one in, good thing there are people like Joe and CBW around to make excuses for black on white violence. The white people involved in this incident deserve swift and harsh justice for honking their horn, and I'm positive they are lying about their injuries.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/20/group-of-10-black-teens-attack-white-couple-in-apparent-racial-assault/

Liberals in disguise.

They are setting up the same system in America.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1984 is just around the corner « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools