Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: October 21, 2013, 03:15:01 PM

Contrary to popular belief, I think this team has already quit. We got smoked by a bad Eagles team. One that was held to 3 points this week by a bad Cowboys defense.

Then this week, our quarter of a billion dollar secondary was TOASTED by 3rd and 4th string Falcons players. These are supposed to be elite players at their positions, yet they are being scored on with NOBODY in the areas of these receivers. Our "good" d-lineman have disappeared. Mason Foster has fallen off the earth. Vincent Jackson is inconsistent. Targeted 22 times yesterday, coming up with 10. At times he looks as though he has cashed it in. Mike Williams is lacking in effort, the O-line is getting blown up.

I think this team is done. They have quit on Greg Schiano, contrary to the popular belief.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 21, 2013, 03:18:01 PM

Not sure that they all have quit, but you can certainly tell that a lot of them realize they are playing for a dead man walking.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 21, 2013, 03:18:18 PM

Hey, there was some improvement.  In the previous 5 games this season, the Bucs amassed 13 whole points in the 2nd half, they got 13 on Sunday!!!

They should fire Dominik Friday and Schiano on Saturday.  A complete disgrace.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 21, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

They still get paid millions of dollars to perform.  I don't care what their record is.  They are professionals for a reason.

If they have quit, they are more pathetic than I thought.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 21, 2013, 03:25:29 PM

You may be right and we're just seeing the first bands of the hurricane about to hit, like the period in between the Bears and Titans games in 2011, before the rest of the storm hit and everything fell apart.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 21, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

"Quitting" is giving up six touchdowns in one half to a Falcons team with nothing to play for.  It's giving up three touchdown passes and 100 yards rushing in two quarters to players on a pre-playoff tune-up game.

We've seen "quit." This isn't it.  It may be coming, but it's not here yet.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 21, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

"Quitting" is giving up six touchdowns in one half to a Falcons team with nothing to play for.  It's giving up three touchdown passes and 100 yards rushing in two quarters to players on a pre-playoff tune-up game.

Agree with that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 21, 2013, 03:34:39 PM

A little last week, and more this week. Just watch the secondary. The effort has deteriorated.

Funny that the organization waits until fans get to see the players quit before coaching change.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

CANTCME

Second String

#8 : October 21, 2013, 03:37:29 PM

I don't believe they have quit... I just think they continue to be set up to fail

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 21, 2013, 03:37:44 PM

I don't think the team has quit, but there are certainly players who are seemingly not giving full effort.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 21, 2013, 03:42:16 PM

They are starting to quit. We are going to get smoked Thursday, wait and see.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 21, 2013, 03:44:41 PM

I have seen quit. I know what quit looks like. The secondary and some select other players look like a whole lotta quit to me. Like a disease spreading quickly as the weeks go by.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 21, 2013, 03:48:53 PM

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/19/4855134/player-effort-becomes-a-question-for-buccaneers

Here is an article written before the game last week...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 21, 2013, 03:51:45 PM

Contrary to popular belief, I think this team has already quit. We got smoked by a bad Eagles team. One that was held to 3 points this week by a bad Cowboys defense.

Then this week, our quarter of a billion dollar secondary was TOASTED by 3rd and 4th string Falcons players. These are supposed to be elite players at their positions, yet they are being scored on with NOBODY in the areas of these receivers. Our "good" d-lineman have disappeared. Mason Foster has fallen off the earth. Vincent Jackson is inconsistent. Targeted 22 times yesterday, coming up with 10. At times he looks as though he has cashed it in. Mike Williams is lacking in effort, the O-line is getting blown up.

I think this team is done. They have quit on Greg Schiano, contrary to the popular belief.

The season is lost, agreed, but I don't think they have quit. They still play to hard for me to believe they quit.

Do they realize Schiano is gone? Probably, any guy with a brain at this point can probably guess he'll be gone sooner than latter.

Also, you do realize Foles got hurt and Barkley came in and threw 3 picks right? Its hardly the same offense that spanked us two weeks ago.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 21, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

If we quit we'd be getting blown out . That's not happening yet.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools