Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 21, 2013, 03:57:37 PM

Contrary to popular belief, I think this team has already quit. We got smoked by a bad Eagles team. One that was held to 3 points this week by a bad Cowboys defense.

Then this week, our quarter of a billion dollar secondary was TOASTED by 3rd and 4th string Falcons players. These are supposed to be elite players at their positions, yet they are being scored on with NOBODY in the areas of these receivers. Our "good" d-lineman have disappeared. Mason Foster has fallen off the earth. Vincent Jackson is inconsistent. Targeted 22 times yesterday, coming up with 10. At times he looks as though he has cashed it in. Mike Williams is lacking in effort, the O-line is getting blown up.

I think this team is done. They have quit on Greg Schiano, contrary to the popular belief.

The season is lost, agreed, but I don't think they have quit. They still play to hard for me to believe they quit.

Do they realize Schiano is gone? Probably, any guy with a brain at this point can probably guess he'll be gone sooner than latter.

Also, you do realize Foles got hurt and Barkley came in and threw 3 picks right? Its hardly the same offense that spanked us two weeks ago.

Foles vs Bucs:   22/31 71.0% 296yds 9.5 YPA  3TD  0 INT  Rating 133.3
Foles vs Dallas:  11/29  37.9%  80yds 2.8YPA  0TD  0 INT Rating 46.2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 21, 2013, 04:09:13 PM

Contrary to popular belief, I think this team has already quit. We got smoked by a bad Eagles team. One that was held to 3 points this week by a bad Cowboys defense.

Then this week, our quarter of a billion dollar secondary was TOASTED by 3rd and 4th string Falcons players. These are supposed to be elite players at their positions, yet they are being scored on with NOBODY in the areas of these receivers. Our "good" d-lineman have disappeared. Mason Foster has fallen off the earth. Vincent Jackson is inconsistent. Targeted 22 times yesterday, coming up with 10. At times he looks as though he has cashed it in. Mike Williams is lacking in effort, the O-line is getting blown up.

I think this team is done. They have quit on Greg Schiano, contrary to the popular belief.

The season is lost, agreed, but I don't think they have quit. They still play to hard for me to believe they quit.

Do they realize Schiano is gone? Probably, any guy with a brain at this point can probably guess he'll be gone sooner than latter.

Also, you do realize Foles got hurt and Barkley came in and threw 3 picks right? Its hardly the same offense that spanked us two weeks ago.

Thats my point. Not everyone has quit, but some have....and there is more setting in. A bad Philly team got held to 3 points by a bad Dallas defense. That same bad Eagles team came into our house and thumped us. We had no chance in that game. If you loose by two scores at home in the NFL you got your A$$ kicked.

let me repeat that our quarter of a billion dollar secondary got SMOKED by 3rd and 4th string Falcon WRs. That is pathetic.

Now there is some no-quit in a few players, Glennon is starting his first few games and wants to play, Tim Wright seems to not have quit in him. Vjax is up and down. I think he wants to keep his image as a lunchpail guy, but he is bouncing back and forth. A lot of other guys...have shut it down.<-----too obvious,

When things go wrong people go back to what they are familiar with. Many of these players are the same guys that were here with Raheem. When they failed then, they shut it down and rolled it up. What do you think they are starting to do now?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 21, 2013, 04:10:44 PM

No Fly Zone !!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 21, 2013, 04:16:32 PM

No Fly Zone !!!

Crown them. And crown Dominik: "we know knees!!!" -amatuer hour at OBP. Get this F'ing garbage outta here!!!!

19bucs19

Second String

#19 : October 21, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

We put the Zone in No Fly Zone!

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 21, 2013, 04:20:45 PM

LOL.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 21, 2013, 04:23:19 PM

LQTM

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 21, 2013, 04:23:46 PM

Okay, we just suck then.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 21, 2013, 04:25:21 PM

Well anyone who didn't think we'd be a zone with Goldson and Barron was high. I mean I want those guys in man to man the way I want to see the return of George Hegamin.

Problem is we drafted and paid hitters not coverage guys (other than Revis which is now a very square peg in a very round hole) and this is what you get.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 21, 2013, 04:27:25 PM

I think they're just badly coached at this point.

The had one guy to watch out for as a WR, Harry Douglas. Why we didn't just lock him down with Revis all day, I'll never know. To let a slot move outside and blow up for 150yards just blew my mind yesterday. I have to say that i'm growing tired of not taking advantage of what we have. Why we don't just put Revis on their number one and forget about it just blows my mind. Using him in that respect would be the only way I could justify 16 million dollars a year. Keeping him in zone allows teams to just wait until the WR runs out of his zone and then throw the ball.

I was one of Schiano's biggest supporters but I can continue to watch things that don't make sense to me and not wonder what the hell is going on?

- Everyone

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 21, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

Okay, we just suck then.

Early in the season:

Quality of competition----good, defense played great/ games were close they were playing hard

Now:

Quality of competition---not good defense played bad/ games have not been close

Same players, same coaches......hmmmmmm

Effort lacking---->likely, IMO

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 21, 2013, 04:31:44 PM

Well anyone who didn't think we'd be a zone with Goldson and Barron was high. I mean I want those guys in man to man the way I want to see the return of George Hegamin.

Problem is we drafted and paid hitters not coverage guys (other than Revis which is now a very square peg in a very round hole) and this is what you get.

Great analysis. After Goldson got fined and almost suspended, his impact on this defense has been lessened to almost nothing. Same with Barron, for some reason he's barely showed up. 10 years ago, hell, even 3-4 years ago our secondary would be feared like no other. This year, it's a spot for free yardage. The NFL is a passing league and you need guys to cover people, not knock them out. I can honestly say that this year has made me change the way I think about the game of football.

I'm starting to see little value in many positions as they just don't make a large enough impact.

- Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 21, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

Great analysis. After Goldson got fined and almost suspended, his impact on this defense has been lessened to almost nothing. Same with Barron, for some reason he's barely showed up. 10 years ago, hell, even 3-4 years ago our secondary would be feared like no other. This year, it's a spot for free yardage. The NFL is a passing league and you need guys to cover people, not knock them out. I can honestly say that this year has made me change the way I think about the game of football.

I'm starting to see little value in many positions as they just don't make a large enough impact.
Welcome.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 21, 2013, 05:11:32 PM

I'm pretty sure you are referring to the coach

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 21, 2013, 05:22:38 PM

They have quit on Schiatano.

They have NOT quit on themselves.

Big difference. After the next two games however, it becomes a matter of self-preservation to keep from getting injured.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools