Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 25, 2013, 07:44:32 PM

I don't know why people post player remarks to prove anything. What do you expect Goldson, or any other player to say? "Yeah we quit. I quit like two games ago." Never gonna happen.

maybe. but no one has a problem posting the comments of players sent packing for one reason or another.   Either way I think a player "quitting" says a lot more about the player then the coach and how a fan could support players doing so is beyond me

A pro athlete quitting , yet still collecting his paycheck , is reprehensible ...I don't care if your coach is Adolf Hitler.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 25, 2013, 08:19:12 PM

Haven't hired him yet. That is pure speculation.

...that said, he would have us competitive again. No doubt.

Yes, lets make another defensive HC hire. Because we haven't all realized at this point that the NFL is no longer about defense.

Need an offensive guy. Unfortunately, I think that the Glazers will set us back again and hire Lovie. Our defense will get roasted and he wont be able to find an OC/QB worth a damn.

But ya if you are all about that kind of team. LETS GO LOVIE!!!

We don't NEED a offensive guy. Plenty of defensive minded head coaches are successful. What we need is a coach who can bring in two good coordinators, and for that trio to work like a well oiled machine. This idea that only an offensive minded HC should be hired, is erroneous. The reigning SB champs and 3 of the final 4 teams last year had defensive minded HCs.

I would argue that we absolutely DO NEED an offensive guy.  The problem with a Defensive guy is that if the offense is successful it will be because of the OC.  Who will then be on the short list for the next wave of HC vacancies.  If we want consistent success we need to have a guy we can keep and not have turnover on the offensive side. 

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 27, 2013, 08:52:53 PM

bump. see?

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bucs have quit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools