Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOU CHOOSE: Put together your new Bucs coaching staff and GM « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 26, 2013, 09:51:25 AM

I'd really like Jim Tomsula as DC. He would put Revis in man exclusively.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 26, 2013, 09:56:29 AM

I was actually doing research on Roman and looking at some of the coaches he has worked with so there was a good half hour delay on my post.  Didn't see yours either.  I posted a link on Leavitt that's a good read.  Think he is more than qualified and has Tampa roots.  Another option would be the Packers DL coach Mike Trgavac.  Both part of the Dom Capers tree.  Was the Panthers DC for 6 years.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 26, 2013, 09:59:59 AM

Zampese has been stuck in that QB coach position way too long.  He seems like a guy that should have been given a OC shot by now.

watson

Hall of Famer
#48 : October 26, 2013, 10:43:18 AM

GM: Derrick Brooks
HC: Ronde Barber
OC: Keyshawn
DC: Warren Sapp
If I used those names to fill out the leadership of the Bucs, I would make Sapp the HC.  I've heard it said by many coaches and media types that Sapp not only knew his position inside and out, but he knew what every other player...defense and offense...was supposed to do.   If Sapp was the HC and using exBucs for his staff, he would probably bring in Brad Johnson as his OC.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 26, 2013, 10:57:44 AM

So how about a topic a little less volatile? Let's say the Glazers decide to sweep out the MRSA-infected OBP completely, firing the HC, his staff, and the GM. Why don't you name for us now your choice for:

GM:  DeCosta
HC: Marty Schotenhiemer
OC: Brian Schotenhiemer (not my choice, but would probably be who Marty would pick)
DC:  Rod Marinelli

1ST ROUND PICK:  Clowney (I don't like the choice....too many plays off...but they will probably take him)

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 26, 2013, 11:16:16 AM

Scot McCloughan--gm
Jon Gruden--HC/OC
DC-Paul Guenther

Superbowl

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 26, 2013, 12:19:05 PM

GM: Still thinking
HC: Gary Kubiak
OC: Still thinking
DC: Rod, of course

1st round: Clowney
2nd round: Aaron Murray

FA pickup: Matt Schaub

Think  about it.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#52 : October 26, 2013, 12:20:42 PM

Think  about it.

Pick up free agent QB and draft one early?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 26, 2013, 01:05:44 PM

just to add to my post

1st rd pick--Johnny Football

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 26, 2013, 01:19:52 PM

Think  about it.

Pick up free agent QB and draft one early?

Yup. There are zero elite QBs in this draft. Wouldn't hurt to have a veteran in camp to take advantage of the talent we have right now. A Kubiak/Schaub combo could be successful for us. I see some similarities between the type of players Houston has and the way they employ them. Clowney is a safer pick than a guy like Mariota (who I don't think will be successful in this league at all....I don't buy the hype). I think Murray will do well in this league. Big game after big game and he sees some of the best defenses week in and week out. Being a 2nd rounder, I don't think the organization will feel the need to start him right away. However, if he beats out Schaub, then so be it.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 26, 2013, 01:25:17 PM

I was actually doing research on Roman and looking at some of the coaches he has worked with so there was a good half hour delay on my post.  Didn't see yours either.  I posted a link on Leavitt that's a good read.  Think he is more than qualified and has Tampa roots.  Another option would be the Packers DL coach Mike Trgavac.  Both part of the Dom Capers tree.  Was the Panthers DC for 6 years.
Capers defense has been terrible the past few years.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOU CHOOSE: Put together your new Bucs coaching staff and GM « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools