Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Positives...all positives thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: October 26, 2013, 10:18:17 AM

Lavonte David. Mike James. Revis. Foster. Glennon. These guys are playing good ball.

Keep Schiano...i like him. I hate losing but I like this coach. Whatever doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger Greg. Keep Dominic. Keep Glennon.
We need linemen. O and D. Need a TE.

Firing and hiring will continue to produce peaks and valleys...we need consistency. We want to be a winning franchise and winning is as much about attitude as talent is.
We want to be like the Steelers and 49ers...not like the Bengals or Chicago Cubs.

Thats my positives for the day. And do not listen to Duimeg...he is ALL about negativity...he bases his show on that premise. He thinks it helps ratings. I like Booger
because he is honest with his opinions...not trying to stir up emotions for ratings sake.

BucsGators

Starter

#1 : October 26, 2013, 11:01:03 AM

I agree with you about Schiano, I think. See my thread from this morning. Schiano has to prove that he can win in the NFL or else he is gone, plain and simple. I like his demeanor but I'm beginning to wonder if its going to work or not.

It was earlier this season the Glazers said they are 100% behind Schiano, hard to see them making a change before the end of the season.

The problem on offense is OL and WR... both units are massively underachieving and its why we havent been staying in games.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 26, 2013, 11:04:26 AM

none of those guys are playing "good ball."

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 26, 2013, 11:07:09 AM

I'd say this is more like the.....

thread.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 26, 2013, 11:07:54 AM

I'd say this is more like the.....

thread.

nice

BucsGators

Starter

#5 : October 26, 2013, 11:08:17 AM

none of those guys are playing "good ball."

Yea, actually now that you mention it, david is having a subpar season.  ???

BucsGators

Starter

#6 : October 26, 2013, 11:11:07 AM

Predictably OP gets flamed for not calling Schiano Gap Tooth or some other elementary name calling thread.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 26, 2013, 11:12:43 AM

Predictably OP gets flamed for not calling Schiano Gap Tooth or some other elementary name calling thread.

I would like you to explain why Schiano should stay, if you could be so kind.

BucsGators

Starter

#8 : October 26, 2013, 11:18:28 AM

I don't think it's right to fire a coach midseason. The losing is unacceptable - and embarrassing - no doubt about that. But there's no point in blowing this thing up mid season with our roster. We've got 9 games left. No one is going to hire Lovie Smith or any high profile coach before the season ends. Honestly I don't really see many scenarios where Schiano doesn't get fired at the end of the season, with the way our team looks at 0-7.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#9 : October 26, 2013, 11:22:22 AM

I don't think it's right to fire a coach midseason. The losing is unacceptable - and embarrassing - no doubt about that. But there's no point in blowing this thing up mid season with our roster. We've got 9 games left. No one is going to hire Lovie Smith or any high profile coach before the season ends. Honestly I don't really see many scenarios where Schiano doesn't get fired at the end of the season, with the way our team looks at 0-7.
O.K, I don't think they should fire him till the end of the season either.  I don't particularly see the point in it.  However, I was assuming that you and OP were making the argument that he should be retained after this season.  That was what I was questioning.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 26, 2013, 11:24:18 AM

There have been some positives.  Demar Dotson is the lone bright spot on the OL, and the entire offense for that matter.  On defense, Gerald McCoy is having another Pro Bowl season, Lavonte David is making a very good case for the Pro Bowl, and Darelle Revis has looked pretty damn good when the coaches actually used him properly.  And Wanny has the special teams playing pretty well.

That's all I got.

BucsGators

Starter

#11 : October 26, 2013, 11:26:25 AM

I think it's impossible that we keep him unless he gets at least seven wins out of the last nine. He would have to show the fan base he can win with this team. Which right now, he can't.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#12 : October 26, 2013, 11:29:15 AM

I think the biggest positive of this season is that we will be able to either draft a potential franchise QB or Clowney in next years draft.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 26, 2013, 11:49:10 AM

IMO Freeman caused this freakin media circus environment

tripld8907

Rookie

#14 : October 26, 2013, 12:03:24 PM

Here's the thing. I am (was) all for Schiano but It's hard to say we're not making progress but we just don't have the wins to show for it. And in a bottom line business what's in that W column will make or break you.

I think someone mentioned it but I almost see us like the Kansas City Chiefs. Immense talent on both sides of the ball but the coaching is just not putting it together. While I understand what you're saying and it may be the case in some instances, it's not necessarily the case that a coaching change would mean more valleys and peaks Granted coaches doesn't make us the most penalized team in the game, that's on the players I get that but it's a coaches job to fix those issues.

It's also painfully obvious that we are out-coached in I would say 3/4 of our games. And it's almost as if our team has plateaued. We were close the first couple of games and I thought we would fix things and right the ship but we definitely took a step back in that Carolina game.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Positives...all positives thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools