Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Bring Gruden Back" poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Incognito

Hall of Famer

: October 26, 2013, 01:48:46 PM

Vote now, or forever hold your peace.

Please be sure and explain your vote by posting your view on the subject.
: October 28, 2013, 12:13:35 PM Incognito

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 26, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Wasn't there already a poll for this and it was a landslide that people want Gruden to come back?

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 26, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

Wasn't there already a poll for this and it was a landslide that people want Gruden to come back?

I don't know. I haven't been on here very much in the past couple of years. Anywho, can't hurt to do it again considering the situation. The PR gods say they are 100% sure the Glazers read this board so if they are reading during this trying time and see that the majority of fans want Gru back, maybe they'll consider it.

therhoads

Practice Squad
#3 : October 26, 2013, 08:44:37 PM

I'd buy 2 season tickets tomorrow if they bring him back. Say what you want, but he almost took the Raiders there and DID take the Bucs all the way. He may not be perfect (with people skills), but knows how to coach... Something we have not had in Tampa for over 5 years.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 27, 2013, 10:17:23 AM

I'd buy 2 season tickets tomorrow if they bring him back. Say what you want, but he almost took the Raiders there and DID take the Bucs all the way. He may not be perfect (with people skills), but knows how to coach... Something we have not had in Tampa for over 5 years.

+1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 27, 2013, 10:40:17 AM

Absolutely not.

The clusterfudge that is the Raheem and Schiano eras in no way dismisses Gruden's 45-51 post superbowl mediocrity.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 27, 2013, 12:22:44 PM

Absolutely not.

The clusterfudge that is the Raheem and Schiano eras in no way dismisses Gruden's 45-51 post superbowl mediocrity.

^THIS!

Let's not forget his inability to find a franchise QB, even though Aaron Rodgers fell in his lap. I don't care how many "QB Camp" Shows he's done.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 27, 2013, 12:34:08 PM

Absolutely yes. The work Gruden did with really poor talent on offense was pretty unbelievable. He was one of the best coaches in the league at manufacturing scorning drives. Now that he is few years removed from the league, you hear him always say he is learning what he did wrong and is learning about all the new schematic developments in football. I would love to see what a genius offensive mind like his could come up with now after studying so much football for years. No way in the world Gruden come back imo, but I would be all for it.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 27, 2013, 12:40:00 PM

I gotta agree, I would take him back if it meant backing up the Brinks truck as an apology.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 27, 2013, 05:24:49 PM

Not a big fan.  He would make a decent OC IMO.  But his oversized ego would never allow that to happen.  Teams need to keep him as far away from personnel decisions as possible. And if he was to come back to coaching now, you know he would leverage his celeb status, into TOTAL control of the team.  It would be interesting to see how it worked out, just not here.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

graypilgrim

Starter

#10 : October 27, 2013, 08:20:05 PM

Like that would ever happen  - you have delusions of one SB and you think Gruden is the answer. I guess you do not remember the hum drum vanilla offenses and the endless cycle of bringing in over the hill veterans instead of finding fresh talent and teaching them, huh? Get a life, Gruden is NOT the answer here.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 27, 2013, 11:06:09 PM

Like that would ever happen  - you have delusions of one SB and you think Gruden is the answer. I guess you do not remember the hum drum vanilla offenses and the endless cycle of bringing in over the hill veterans instead of finding fresh talent and teaching them, huh? Get a life, Gruden is NOT the answer here.

Who are you? One of the newer forum trolls on this board? How about you speak to others with respect... or are you too immature to grasp that concept? I have an opinion which you don't share. That means I have no life?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 27, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

I picked no thanks. I like Gruden but he had his shot.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2013, 11:41:08 PM

Another one who ignores facts.

Our cap situation was a mess and we traded premium picks to bring Gruden in. We basically mortgaged the future hoping he could do what Dungy could not, and he did. There was going to be a period of time in the near future after the Gruden hire when things were going to get rough, that's the gamble the Glazers were willing to take because our window was closing. I have no doubt in my mind that the Glazers wish they could have made the switch to Gruden several years earlier. We'd have 2-3 championships instead of just the one. Considering you're probably about 14, I guess I can't blame you for the ignorance. Though there are some around here who can't use their age as an excuse, they're just guilty of selective memory loss.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#14 : October 27, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

I would like Gruden compared to what we have had the last 5 years.

However, there was a reason why he was fired.  Yeah he won a Super Bowl.  Then went on to not win a playoff game the next 6 years.

Lets give someone else a shot.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Bring Gruden Back" poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools