Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A big fat "NO THANK YOU" to Clowney! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

: October 26, 2013, 07:49:12 PM

I've watched this guy a few times this year and he is a lazy, disinterested football player and quite frankly just isn't as good as advertised. There is no way the Bucs draft this Clown. We don't need another Bowers.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#1 : October 26, 2013, 07:50:16 PM

Yeah, we need a QB more than DE anyway.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#2 : October 26, 2013, 07:54:15 PM

I'm not at all impressed with your Mariota either. He reminds me of Freeman. The guy is very inaccurate at times. He benefits from speedy receivers and a great running game. No thank you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2013, 07:56:21 PM

When evaluating a QB for making a transition from college to the NFL, you really do have to take a close look at who he's played against.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 26, 2013, 07:57:04 PM

And regarding Clowney, yes, his apparent lack of motivation worries me.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#5 : October 26, 2013, 08:03:00 PM

There is no way I would take a risk on him. We need a DE with a motor. Someone like J.J. Watt perhaps.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 26, 2013, 08:03:30 PM

I'm not at all impressed with your Mariota either. He reminds me of Freeman. The guy is very inaccurate at times. He benefits from speedy receivers and a great running game. No thank you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 26, 2013, 08:03:52 PM

+1

It's like teams aren't even scared of him anymore because they know he's not going to always bring it. First game of the season NC had 3 guys blocking him sometimes and now sometimes one on one.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2013, 08:07:23 PM

We do?....In case you hadn't noticed, our rookie QB who didn't get the benefit of playing with the 1st team during training camp has a higher completion percentage than Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Michael Vick, Geno Smith and Colin Kaepernick and a higher QBR than Tom Brady, Geno Smith, Eli manning and Carson Palmer. Give the kid a little experience and a half-way decent o-line and I think he could really become something. He is very intelligent....that goes a long way over the course of a career.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#9 : October 26, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

When evaluating a QB for making a transition from college to the NFL, you really do have to take a close look at who he's played against.

I don't like any of these QB's coming out really. There is definitely no Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#10 : October 26, 2013, 08:09:10 PM

We do?....In case you hadn't noticed, our rookie QB who didn't get the benefit of playing with the 1st team during training camp has a higher completion percentage than Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Michael Vick, Geno Smith and Colin Kaepernick and a higher QBR than Tom Brady, Geno Smith, Eli manning and Carson Palmer. Give the kid a little experience and a half-way decent o-line and I think he could really become something. He is very intelligent....that goes a long way over the course of a career.

Yes, we have our franchise QB in Glennon. No need to waste a pick on a QB. I like Glennon better than any QB coming out as well.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 26, 2013, 08:09:44 PM

I don't like any of these QB's coming out really. There is definitely no Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson.

I think Winston is going to be better than any of them.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#12 : October 26, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

He has the rest of the year to prove himself.

I have not been that impressed with him thus far but he can change that.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#13 : October 26, 2013, 08:10:57 PM

I think Winston is going to be better than any of them.

If I had to pick one it would be Winston or Johnny Football in the second round if he comes out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 26, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

Schiano and Dom have already decided the Bucs are taking Clowney, even if they have to trade their second and third round picks, plus their first from next year, to get him.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A big fat "NO THANK YOU" to Clowney! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools