Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Should Get The Axe First! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

All Eyez on Me

Starter

: October 27, 2013, 08:18:24 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9353:&Itemid=15

Da PR Fab Five article got me going bro. Yo, i dont want Schiano here any longer than I do a bad case of the squirts but i think there is good reason why Marky Mark Dominik should get fired first. Wouldnt it make more sense to bring in a new GM that would be responsible for hiring the new HC and possibly a team Prez? That is what Washington did when the Skins hired Bruce Allen. They let the HC ride it out til the end of the season and then fired him and hired Shanahan.

Aint no way Dominik survives this disaster nor should he dawg. He was lucky to survive when Raheem was handed a pink slip. Bad draft picks, bad coaching hires, blown free agent signings, lack of depth, no TE and never once bringing in legitimate competition for Freeman at QB (that is why Jerry Angelo got fired in Chicago). Oh yeah, and he drafted Freeman and we can all agree da man cant play QB consistently at this level. Not to mention the bad PR with MRSA and lying about Donald Penn, etc.

Man I'm glad PR pointing out in SR Fab Five that they be judging Schiano solely on his win loss record like anyone else. That means Dominik should be judged da same way dawg. Marky Mark has a 24-47 record with the Bucs. No playoffs. Team has lost 12 of 13 and is 0-7. Tell me how any GM survives that? Seems like Dominik is fluffing PR and the rest of the media behind the scenes cuz aint nobody writing nothing about him needing to be fired. PR sounding like a broken record with the fire Schiano articles. Yeah, we all sayn that right about now. Cant believe PR is patting itself on the back in da Fab Five for saying to fire Schiano first. Man there were plenty of Bucs fans like me that didnt want this dude to begin with. And what about PR's recommendation for extending the contracts of Dominik and Freeman before the season started? That was PR's opinion in stories man and thank Gawd the Glazers didnt listen to that garbage man. PR, you must be very proud of your self man. As my brother Chris Rock said "Whatcha you want a cookie?" If you want a pat on the back from someone other than your self how bout being the first one to write the story that needs to be written. FIRE DOMINIK NOW and hire a real GM!

We aint gunna hire inexperience at GM and HC again. It probably going to be somebody like Bill Polian at GM and Mike Holmgren at HC, or something like dat dawg.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 27, 2013, 08:48:17 AM

I've always said he should have been fired the same time Heemy  was. We'd be better off today.

Fire Mark Dummynik.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 27, 2013, 08:52:18 AM

I'm not all about firing the guy, but IF we have to, it should be earlier, rather than later.

I think it sets us back having a new GM. They should just take some of the GM powers away from dom, instead of reaching for some guy who doesn't even know where the bathrooms are in the place.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 27, 2013, 09:29:17 AM

Wow!  Dom has done a good job with the draft.  Jerry Angelo got fired because of the terrible rate of 1st round busts see carmini and making horrible trades see GA.  The one thing nobody knows is how much power Dom actually wields:

Did Dom make the decision to select Shiano?
Does Dom have anything to do with roster control like releasing Selvie?
What happened with Bennett?  Was Shiano the driving reason for not re-signing him.

Every GM has busts in the draft.  For Freeman, I blame Raheem more than Dom.  Mentally, he has some problems, but you can't accuse Freeman of not having talent. He had some stretches where he was among the best QB's in the league and was a top 100 player after 2010. 

Ultimately, If Shiano was Dom's decision then he is accountable and he goes. If not, he might stay.  The roster has plenty of talent and should be a payoff team, but the coaching staff is not utilizing that talent or getting the most from it. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 27, 2013, 09:44:11 AM

I think Dominik and Hickey should go but it's just my hunch I think they'll both survive this because they can blame the team's biggest problems on other people.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2013, 09:57:10 AM

Wow!  Dom has done a good job with the draft.  Jerry Angelo got fired because of the terrible rate of 1st round busts see carmini and making horrible trades see GA.  The one thing nobody knows is how much power Dom actually wields:

What happened with Bennett?  Was Shiano the driving reason for not re-signing him.

Every GM has busts in the draft.  For Freeman, I blame Raheem more than Dom.  Mentally, he has some problems, but you can't accuse Freeman of not having talent. He had some stretches where he was among the best QB's in the league and was a top 100 player after 2010. 

Ultimately, If Shiano was Dom's decision then he is accountable and he goes. If not, he might stay.  The roster has plenty of talent and should be a payoff team, but the coaching staff is not utilizing that talent or getting the most from it.

They just want to hang everyone. I do understand that, but what they are asking is too much.

They want instant wins, but they want to toss out a now seasoned GM? How are they going to know anything with a new Hc, new GM, new oc/dc, and owners who own the largest most expensive team in the entire planet? Who is supposed to supply lines of communication?

With a team like this, I understand cutting ALL ties doesn't sound like a bad idea, but we also have to look at the big picture. Truthfully, we have to see how the glazers respond, because they are key players in this now. IF they made choices that weren't marks, they should give him credit, if mark made the choice to hire schiano, he should be fired. The big issue is filling that position and/or addressing his weak spots and alleving him of those duties. Regardless of the stats, there has to be some form of contenuity between the old and new if we're to expect a turn around quickly.

I give dom credit for one thing. He somehow got the glazers to open their purses. That's an amazing feat by itself.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 27, 2013, 09:59:30 AM

New coach will want his own guy, Dominick is history!

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 27, 2013, 11:03:26 AM

I think Dominik and Hickey should go but it's just my hunch I think they'll both survive this because they can blame the team's biggest problems on other people.

That's probably right but things might be a different if, say, Schiano was the driving force behinh the David and Martin picks. Dom could get moved upstairs and a new GM and HC would replace Hickey. There are plenty of coaching issues during Dom's tenure but the simple truth is he has been unable to draft even a single blue chip, all-pro type player, the kind of player who becomes the identity for the team. Not good.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 27, 2013, 11:33:41 AM

There are plenty of coaching issues during Dom's tenure but the simple truth is he has been unable to draft even a single blue chip, all-pro type player, the kind of player who becomes the identity for the team. Not good.

To date, there is no counter to that argument.....though 1-2 years from now, that could change. See David & Martin.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 27, 2013, 11:41:03 AM

If Mark Dominik doesn't have decision responsibility with those decisions then what is it that he does as a GM? In addition, his nearly complete disappearance aside from standing next to the infectious disease guy in a press conference since the beginning of the season while OBP was burning to the ground is a complete embarrassment. Of course, you'll never get that kind of opinion from anyone who writes for this site.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 27, 2013, 11:43:41 AM

Off with his head !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2013, 12:09:53 PM

There are plenty of coaching issues during Dom's tenure but the simple truth is he has been unable to draft even a single blue chip, all-pro type player, the kind of player who becomes the identity for the team. Not good.

To date, there is no counter to that argument.....though 1-2 years from now, that could change. See David & Martin.

True and that is why I mentioned those guys. If those guys are viewed inside OBP as "Dom's Guys" then he has an argument. If inside OBP they were "Schiano picks," not so much.

Look, as you probably know better than most here, Dom is an impressive guy. He has the political side of being a GM absolutely covered. He is a great front person for the team. He also seems to have some creative thinking/confidence when it comes to structuring contracts. That skills set plus long-time employee but questionable talent evaluation probably = Rich McKay in Atlanta at worst (ie, move upstairs).

Who knows though... I think changes are coming, but what changes? Tough to say

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

bashear

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 27, 2013, 12:49:55 PM

I find it humorous that I don't have to look further than the Bucs' roster to see Camini.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#13 : October 28, 2013, 07:34:18 AM

Yo, in PR's defense aint none of the reporters writing this stuff so Dominik must have damning evidence on PR and all of them or something.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 28, 2013, 07:49:11 AM

We'll never know honestly. We don't have the coaches to develop draft talent or use it properly. We could have found the next Steve Young but they look like JaMarcus Russell with the Buc's.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Should Get The Axe First! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools