Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Read from Charlie Campbell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 27, 2013, 01:12:40 PM

Many good scouts have left the Buccaneers in recent years because of a difficult working environment under Dominik and Dennis Hickey, the director of player personnel and former college scouting director.

Bye bye Dom and Hickey!
Not that I'm in love with Dominik, but are these the scouts that evaluated all the crappy players we've drafted over the years? It could be mutual.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#16 : October 27, 2013, 01:20:15 PM

His coaching hires have both ended up in fails, you only get so many chances to produce and we know how the Glazers are with firing people, I see a house cleaning in the front office after this year with more proven guys taken over

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 27, 2013, 01:51:49 PM

"Scouts from the Buccaneers and other teams have told WalterFootball.com that Dominik has almost never traveled to watch draft prospects during college football season. He's preferred to stay home and left that duty to others."
LULZ
I don't really have a problem with that. Thats why you hire scouts. He can just as easily watch film from home and hear the scouts take.

Yeah, It's pretty rare for an NFL GM to travel to scout college players during their NFL season.  Did Dominik watch Teddy Bridewater play in RayJay on Saturday?  I would hope so.  Is he going to Autzen to watch Mariotta during an October game?  Highly doubtful.

There are plenty of things to criticize Dominik for.  This is isn't one of them.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 27, 2013, 02:04:26 PM

His coaching hires have both ended up in fails, you only get so many chances to produce and we know how the Glazers are with firing people, I see a house cleaning in the front office after this year with more proven guys taken over

Morris was not a Dom hire as he and Morris were hired by the Glazers at the same time. As for Schiano it has been reported by PR that it was a Glazer move.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 27, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

Yeah the only thing that might save Dom is that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have hired the last two coaches so you can't pin those boneheaded moves on him. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 27, 2013, 03:50:09 PM

Yeah the only thing that might save Dom is that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have hired the last two coaches so you can't pin those boneheaded moves on him.

They should not even let Schiano get on the plane back from NO.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : October 27, 2013, 04:14:41 PM

Schiano needs this embarrassment. He NEEDS to go 0-16 for his tanking of this season, what a turd

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 27, 2013, 04:21:52 PM

Anyone that thinks Dom should keep his job needs to read that .

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 27, 2013, 04:57:34 PM

Much ado about nothing IMO.  When you read reports about teams showing up to watch college stars, its never the GM.

Hell, if the GM was to show up, he would take heat for not trusting his minions.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 27, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

The not travelling issue isn't a big one....as a matter of fact...it's probably the least important point in that article. Odd that we hear over and over about the difficulty the coach is to deal with....particularly when it comes to the media being able to schedule their lunch easily. However we never hear about any difficulty others have with the GM who is never around apparently to schedule anything around since we never hear from him. Just odd.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 27, 2013, 06:48:06 PM

Nice to finally hear someone in the media actually being critical of him.  Not the kind of stuff we normally get here at the Dominick Report. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 27, 2013, 06:52:02 PM

"Scouts from the Buccaneers and other teams have told WalterFootball.com that Dominik has almost never traveled to watch draft prospects during college football season. He's preferred to stay home and left that duty to others."
LULZ

...AND he's on the Golf Course every day at 4:30 PM!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 27, 2013, 07:29:18 PM

LULZ

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 27, 2013, 08:49:10 PM

"Dominik has almost never traveled to watch draft prospects during college football season. He's preferred to stay home and left that duty to others."

Still believe that he chooses our draft picks?

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 27, 2013, 09:21:46 PM

I believe he used to.  I don't think he has since Raheem got fired though. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Read from Charlie Campbell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools