Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Read from Charlie Campbell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammich

Starter

« #30 : October 27, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »

If you want to say negative things about a person atleast make sure they are negative things about that person.

In this article/thread people are blaming Dom for the 2 coaches he didn't hire and because he lets his scouts do their jobs.  How many GMs do you think really do off site scouting during the season?  Some of his gambles didn't work out, but most everybody agreed with them when they happened.  Bowers and Revis were both gambles that most were ok with.  Nobody could have known Nicks' foot was gonna fall off.  Let's not forget Dom was also the one that pulled off the trades that allowed us to draft both Martin and David.  Did all of his picks work out?  Ofcourse not, nobody is perfect.  He has gotten better every year though.

And as far as Polian goes he was blessed with Manning.  The year Peyton was injured showed how good of a team he had built.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #31 : October 27, 2013, 11:08:54 PM »

Pretty stupid article with careful wordings to make trivialities seem important.  And the intro sets it up as if Allen was doing swell?

I don't know what kind of arguments CC got into while covering the Bucs, but he's written a few oddball anti-Bucs FO articles since he's gotten to WalterFootball.  I had no problem with him while he was at PR but his slant is getting steeper by the article.

Dominik has not been perfect; it would be easy to write an article on that, instead of have to try to make something substantial out of the **CENSORED**ing of his "sources".

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 28, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »

LOL that the only defense that the Dummynik supporters can come up with is  , " Well , nobody's perfect ".  LMAO

OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

sammich

Starter

« #33 : October 28, 2013, 09:47:52 AM »

LOL that the only defense that the Dummynik supporters can come up with is  , " Well , nobody's perfect ".  LMAO

OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!

Nice job taking a statement out of context and ignoring most of the post.  Name me 1 GM that has hit on every single draft pick.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 28, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!

Nice job taking a statement out of context and ignoring most of the post.  Name me 1 GM that has hit on every single draft pick.
I can name a lot who aren't 24-47.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #35 : October 28, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »

Dominik's overall club record of 24-47 and not one 2009 draft pick being on the roster, speaks for it self.  You throw in the 2010 draft misses # 35, 39 and 67 overall and the wasted money on Mike Clayton and Quincy Black.  Of course the Glazers could make their decision just off his record and be justified in going in another direction.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

« #36 : October 28, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

Dominik's overall club record of 24-47 and not one 2009 draft pick being on the roster, speaks for it self.  You throw in the 2010 draft misses # 35, 39 and 67 overall and the wasted money on Mike Clayton and Quincy Black.  Of course the Glazers could make their decision just off his record and be justified in going in another direction.

While I dont think Dom is the next coming of Ozzie Newsome, he has gotten a lot better since 2009 IMHO.  IF the coaches were hired from the owners box and not the GM's office then I have no problem with Dom keeping his job.  I dont know if Dom picked Morris and Schiano, but if he didnt thats a pretty crappy way to do a GM and then hold him accountable for it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #37 : October 28, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »

OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!

He doesn't have to hit on every pick. Its how little he actually does hit on them. The 2012 draft class is all he really has.

-He doesn't draft OL
-The depth of the team is awful
-Gives massive contracts to undeserving players
-His career record is awful

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #38 : October 28, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Exactly , FRG and Bucman.
« : October 28, 2013, 10:20:06 AM Dolorous Jason »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #39 : October 28, 2013, 10:28:49 AM »

I am not a fan of Dom.

*He over values the current players worth on the roster compared to other players that play the same position( Clayton, Black, Joseph) which leads to him overpaying. 
*He overpaid for 2nd tier talent in free agency.  He adjusted by shooting for the stars for top tier free agents but there are flaws in this approach as well.
*Obtaining stars at punter, safety, guard and wide receiver doesn't do much  to change the direction of a footballs squad.  Most teams covet stars QB, DE, CB and OT.
*He has the right idea investing in the D-line but he failed to apply it on the other side of the ball.

Lets assume that Clayton, Black, or Joseph are not mediocre but worth their respective contracts that Dom gave them.  Compared to Michael Bennett...Bennett plays a more integral position (DE) for the success of a team in a pass oriented league.  Lets assume Clayton is the best blocking WR in the league.  Run blocking is not valued anymore for WR's as it used to be.  Black is a SAM that plays two downs (run downs) max versus Bennett a three down player, or even situational or even a third down pass rusher.  How often would Black be on the field for third downs as a coverage LB? Even assuming he is one of the better run stopping SAMs in the league that doesn't matter much in a pass oriented league.  Joseph is a guard that excels at blocking downfield or in space..but how much does that matter in a passing league? 

How much better would this team be right now if the Bucs used that money to find a WR that isn't specialized as a blocker but as a third down guy (slot), a nickel/dime coverage LB, and a guard that can stonewall smaller agile DL while retaining Bennett? Not only could have Dom had acquired/kept these type of players but he would have had cap space left over too!

Lets also look at how complacent Dom became after the 2010 season where he was content to sign a punter the Falcons gladly let walk.  He did little to address the depth problems with the team or address the third down RB position in free agency or the draft.  He let Carnell Williams walk (competent third down back) while not having a plan to replace him.

Lets see...a third down back in a passing league is less important than a punter?  Really?  And Dom's failure to address safety adequately was another problem when he could have signed a lot of the vet safeties floating out there in the off season.  As a result the 2011 season fell apart because of poor secondary play.

So they go out and draft a safety that is primarily a box guy in a pass oriented league...Houston blew out the Bucs through the air...so the following off season they go out and sign another safety that is more of a box player than centerfielder in Goldshon.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #40 : October 30, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

B
U
M
P!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Read from Charlie Campbell « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools