Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Side Topic: Free Agents (Fitzgerald, Allen??) « previous next »
Page: 1

conrad77

Pro Bowler

: October 27, 2013, 02:09:15 PM

Per PFT and several others, Jared Allen and Larry Fitzgerald, (both at the end of their contracts and aging) may very well be traded either before Tuesday or after the 2013 season.  Obviously we will be one of the last teams free agents would consider, meaning the only way we get a quality player is by overpaying, or backdooring them through a trade.  Allen and Fitz are both still elite players but they will need a new contract.  I have to wonder if it wouldn't be prudent to give up a 2nd for Fitz or a 3rd for Allen and require a new contract agreement as part of the trade? 

Should we bring in a new coach and QB, this would be one heck of a talented roster.  Don't think coaches won't be looking at that as one of the top attractions to any positions available after the season ends.  We need the picks but, given our history, would we really do any better with a 2nd or 3rd than Fitz and Allen?  Just a thought (i.e., distraction from the Shiano/Freeman/MRSA/0-7 debacles)

[Add witty one liner here]

RiotHeart

Starter

#1 : October 27, 2013, 02:16:28 PM

we don't have a 3rd

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 27, 2013, 02:24:44 PM

How much dead cap would the Cardinals get by trading Fitz? He makes a lot sense for someone like the Patriots.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 27, 2013, 02:27:32 PM

How much dead cap would the Cardinals get by trading Fitz? He makes a lot sense for someone like the Patriots.
Brady needs a Stud WR, Larry needs a stud QB. It's makes too much sense and I am in favor of it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 27, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

Trade them Penn and a 4th for allen.

Allen isn't all that, at least lately. Neither has Penn. Basically both players are living by name ATM, so maybe a change would suit them both well?

Still, if we're talking FA here, I doubt we have much of a shot at anyone. With the staff being new/cluster**CENSORED** ed, and the MRSA problem, I think they stay away for awhile.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

I just have a hunch, the Glazers are not really in a big spending mood right now, or in the mood for any wheeling and dealing.

They know they need to right the ship, and do it asap.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Side Topic: Free Agents (Fitzgerald, Allen??) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools