Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon and his lack of ability. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 27, 2013, 06:57:26 PM

Ya he's just not good.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 27, 2013, 06:59:21 PM

Its funny listening to Schiano trying to make excuses for him. Its also kinda sad and more cause for concern. I worry about his ability to be objective in evaluating talent. Definitely not an NFL level coach.

80sucks

Starter

#32 : October 27, 2013, 08:15:45 PM

Well, he's a rookie with 4 games under his belt.  Has he been great?  No.  Has he been good?  Maybe (he sure doesn't have a lot of support on offense).  Is MiltonMack a complete idiot?  Hells yeah!!!  There are about two quarterbacks in this solar system that can compare to Drew Brees.  Glennon isn't one of them, and to try to make that comparison is sheer idiocy!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 27, 2013, 11:39:15 PM

Well, he's a rookie with 4 games under his belt.  Has he been great?  No.  Has he been good?  Maybe (he sure doesn't have a lot of support on offense).  Is MiltonMack a complete idiot?  Hells yeah!!!  There are about two quarterbacks in this solar system that can compare to Drew Brees.  Glennon isn't one of them, and to try to make that comparison is sheer idiocy!

It is.

But at the same time, if I had to compare those two, I'd say the ability to move the ball around in short yardage would be comparable. A lot of other stuff he doesn't do properly at all though.

Also, I'm starting to think the days of giant QB's are soon to be a thing of the past. Too much arm/leg room needed to get passes off in a crowd, easier to spot on the field, and teams have had a LOT of experiance over the years dealing with the larger types. Also, the newer rules almost dictate that will almost have to be the future of football. Finesse and legalities, instead of toughness and good genetics will most likely be the norm.

I'm sure someone here could put it into better words for me, but you see where I'm going with this. Glennon, even though he's better than I initially thought, has still just shown flashes of average. Not enough to say OK on passing on a top QB, but good enough to take a risk on one.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 27, 2013, 11:47:32 PM

Agree, Benchwarmer. Credible. I see him as an average nfl backup: he could win a game or two if he had to play for a brief stint. But beyond that, not noteworthy.

In Verner We Trust

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 28, 2013, 01:51:56 AM

Agree, Benchwarmer. Credible. I see him as an average nfl backup: he could win a game or two if he had to play for a brief stint. But beyond that, not noteworthy.

I'll say this much for the kid. I want him to be the backup for this team going forward.

Although, if we do land mariota or manziel, their styles would cause a change in playcalling in the event of an injury. That would unfortunately be the downside of keeping glennon as backup.

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 28, 2013, 07:52:41 AM

Ummm... What's your point exactly?
Is that Glennon is 2nd worst starting QB in the league. He is not quite as bad as the Jag's starting QB's. However, Glennon has A LOT more talent on his side of the ball. Glennon has done less with more.

I gueas u haven't watch the Eagles rookie QB??? Matt Barkley, been so awful every time he gets a chance..dude is a turn over machine..

I'm glad we got Glennon..His players around him, hasn't been stepping up ..he throws right on the money and WRs/TEs drops the ball..and bad oline play too..Glennon, smarts, and his play been improving..Even over Geno..Geno, has players stepping up big around him and a beast of oline protecting him

Barkley isn't a starting QB. Glennon is.

You might want to call him a starter now..Cause he is starting now.. Vick is hurt..

Are you comparing a 3rd string QB to a 2nd string QB? (Based on Week 1 positions)

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 28, 2013, 08:42:03 AM

This thread, and it's creator, remind me of our current record. Zero win and much suckage.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 28, 2013, 08:49:16 AM

I just saw Brees make a throw that Mike Glennon will NEVER be able to throw. Really is a shame that Greg wanted this clown as our QB.

Agreed, bring Freeman back, lol

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 28, 2013, 10:41:07 AM

There are 9 games to go to judge Glennon.

Mizer

Second String

#40 : October 28, 2013, 11:13:18 AM

I think Glennon is execty what the bucs thought he was when they scouted hime:  A really good prospect to develop.  I think he is a year or so away from being a really good QB.

having said that, I think they should Pick Johnny and see if he can be a star.  if not, then glennon should be ready by then

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 28, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

I think Glennon is execty what the bucs thought he was when they scouted hime:  A really good prospect to develop.  I think he is a year or so away from being a really good QB.

having said that, I think they should Pick Johnny and see if he can be a star.  if not, then glennon should be ready by then

My question is who is developing him? We have no qualified coaches with a winning record of developing elite QB's anywhere in sight.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon and his lack of ability. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools