Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL anyone still think we haven't quit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 27, 2013, 08:14:05 PM

But you have to be living under a rock to believe that is the Bucs only problem.

Yes, there are more problems. However, I feel that two things really contributed to the poor start this season: coaching and QB play. Once the ball started rolling down hill, it picked up momentum and it was then too late to turn it around.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#16 : October 27, 2013, 08:14:49 PM

You could, if you want, make the case that maybe just maybe the Bucs have not quit and they are losing because they just aren't that good.

Wasnt this the team that was touted as being the most talented team since we won a super bowl?

Don't we have a quarter of a billion dollars tied up in free agency?

And our excuse now is we are not that good?

O-line stinks, the QB stinks, our "tight ends" stink, the Defensive line can't get any pressure......just to name a few things.

And now that our injuries are mounting up, our lack of depth will become a bigger problem.

wsoh24

Practice Squad

#17 : October 27, 2013, 08:29:34 PM

Wasnt this the team that was touted as being the most talented team since we won a super bowl?
So?  What does offseason hype have to do with anything?

So you are one of those people huh?  "My way is the only right answer!!!!" 

Our offensive line is pathetic.  Outside of Vincent Jackson, our WR's are suspect.  The jury is still out on Glennon but he's cheap and at least as good as Freeman was.  In my opinion, better, thought the W/L record doesn't show it.  Our RB's have been decent considering the line, in my opinion.  Our TE situation is pretty pathetic, though Wright has shown some good things. 

The defensive line can't get any consistent pressure.  Bowers and DTN are not NFL starting caliber DE's.  Clayborn is not a game changer.  We need our next Simeon Rice.  The LB's outside of David are pretty sad.  I see Foster get beat left and right but he will make one play every 6, like his INT against New Orleans, and fans go ape over it.  Now for the secondary.  Revis isn't 100%, but I can't remember the last time I saw a Bucs CB in man to man look as good as he.  Is he playing enough man?  Not in my opinion, but that is a different discussion.  Johnson literally looks lost out there.  Banks is still a rookie, and unless your last name is Peterson, you are likely to have growing pains as a rookie CB.  Barron is very up and down, much better in run support.  Goldson is the big hitter we all thought he would be, but now we are **CENSORED**ing about it because he is getting fines.  He is who we thought he was.

Are the players to blame for 0-7?  Of course they do NOT get the entire blame.  It is a team effort to suck this bad.  You don't go 4 games scoring just 7 points or less a game in the second half and not say the coaching staff is also not responsible. 

If the team has quit.  That makes me very weary about the players on this team.  Especially those who were on the team that "quit" on Morris in his last year here.  That falls on the players and their character alone.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 27, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

You could, if you want, make the case that maybe just maybe the Bucs have not quit and they are losing because they just aren't that good.

O-line stinks, the QB stinks, our "tight ends" stink, the Defensive line can't get any pressure......just to name a few things.

And now that our injuries are mounting up, our lack of depth will become a bigger problem.

So what is the excuse for us just getting steamrolled by Carolina on the first drive of the game and pretty much every drive after that?

What is the excuse for Falcons back ups roasting our secondary guys?

What is the excuse for Nick Foles going all Joe Montana on our defense in our house?

The players have quit, Revis/Goldson/Barron/McCoy all of them have a lot of quit in them.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 27, 2013, 08:36:01 PM

bah, every team gets injuries. Our defense is pretty healthy, and we spend a TON of money on it, still getting spanked.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 27, 2013, 08:46:30 PM

I saw elements of quit against Carolina. I didn't see it prior to the Panthers game.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 27, 2013, 08:51:32 PM

I saw elements of quit against Carolina. I didn't see it prior to the Panthers game.

I did. We got spanked by a bad philly team and spanked by a bad Atlanta team. Schiano looking for justification saying "we are shooting ourselves in the foot." No you got beat because your players dont believe in your ability to coach. Which is probably justified.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 27, 2013, 09:20:42 PM

I guess one "quit" thread wasn't enough for Warren, he needs two right next to each other on the first page

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 27, 2013, 09:26:27 PM

i bumped this sh!t to demonstrate to DTG that I saw quit before Thursday. Sorry if I offended bro.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 27, 2013, 09:27:12 PM

check that, I bumped the other thread for the above purpose. lol

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 27, 2013, 09:28:08 PM

I'm not buying it. Competitive against good teams the first few weeks, blown out the last three. What changed? The players? Nope. The Coaching? Nope. Hmmm common denominator?

besides the rookie qb going in and other teams probably making some adjustment to the blitzing?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 27, 2013, 09:29:11 PM

yes, the quit that has seeped in to our terrible defense that is the highest paid in the league.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 27, 2013, 09:30:08 PM

you were wrong.  players have changed.   

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 27, 2013, 09:32:22 PM

one player? I think I would argue that he has played better than Freeman, we have seen weaker competition as well. Stop having a loser mentality. Excuses, excuses.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 27, 2013, 09:34:35 PM

I am sure you will be singing the same old tune olaf after we get crushed by Seattle and everyone else here on out. You still won't admit it so having the convo with you is counterproductive. Next poster.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL anyone still think we haven't quit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools