Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QUESTION: Oh boy! What would YOU do if... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#15 : October 27, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

I would change my name to The Glazers Will Eat Your Children.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 27, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

the Glazers are many things, stupid isn't one of them.

I assume you are including Malcolm in "Glazers".  I wonder what assets outside of the two pro teams have increased in value in their portfolio.  Daddy got all that money in various ways.  Both of their franchises are sucking big time right now. 

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 27, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

I would quietly delete my name from this message board, I would take all of my Buccaneers items that have held near and dear to my heart for 35 years, sell them all on ebay and focus 100% of my attention on my UCF Knight football team and I would never watch a Buccaneers game again.
LOL
You laugh, but that would be a **** you to the fanbase, I have taken MANY of those and this would be the last one I would take.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 27, 2013, 08:38:40 PM

I would quietly delete my name from this message board, I would take all of my Buccaneers items that have held near and dear to my heart for 35 years, sell them all on ebay and focus 100% of my attention on my UCF Knight football team and I would never watch a Buccaneers game again.
LOL
You laugh, but that would be a **** you to the fanbase, I have taken MANY of those and this would be the last one I would take.
I laugh because honestly I could see a lot of diehard fans doing the exact same thing. I love this team but if they pulled that garbage I might pull out too.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 27, 2013, 08:42:56 PM

Hate: whether you THINK this will happen or not is irrelevant. I'm just asking what if IT DID.

If it did, there's nothing we as fans can do other than not show up.....and for the most part, the fanbase is doing that already.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 27, 2013, 08:45:51 PM

I would take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 27, 2013, 08:51:43 PM

I would take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Classic dude...classic.

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked, pal!!!
: October 27, 2013, 08:54:26 PM The Anomaly

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 27, 2013, 08:58:39 PM

Schiano is still a jerk that has turned the players against him. I'd be okay with keeping Dom.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 27, 2013, 09:06:08 PM

What would you do if Schiano/Dom said: "Let's wait until NEXT year? Let's let Revis get back to 100%. Let's let Nicks get well. Let's let Williams get healed. Let's just not worry about W's and L's for THIS season"? What would you do if Dom/Schiano told the Glazers when they met this past week that this was a deep QB class with FOUR QB's they figure to be "franchise" type guys, and they were purposely looking out for the team's future by ensuring a top 4 draft pick? What if they told the Glazers they're grooming Glennon to be a long-term back up?

So when the draft rolls around, the Bucs pick #2 overall and they get Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel (or whoever YOU think is the best QB for us). What if Schiano told the Glazers: "Yeah, I've been too hard. I see where I've gone wrong". What would you do? Would you say to yourself: "I guess I can tolerate another year of Dom/Schiano" or would you still be in favor of them being removed?

What if you learned that they determined after the first four weeks that they were considering this a throwaway season?

Something to think about.

Contract are handed out for what you will do in the future, not as a reward for what you have done in the past.

Schiano deserves to be replaced because i doubt his ability to win much in the future. Same applied to Gruden, he didnt show anything how to break the cirlce of grinding out .500 seasons with average to below average teams.  Actually his .500 record was quite respectable considering the talent of his teams, but the lack of talent was HIS problem, the problem that needed to be adressed.
After a bad season, and i do not really think we are losing on purpose, Schiano  will have a hard time convincing anyone he is the right guy for the future.

I do not want him (or Dom) to be fired for having lost games, mishandling the QB issue or busted FAs and drafties etc . as i do not believe in the scapegoat theory...you wont win games in the future by blaming people for mistakes/losses.  But there mistakes, their bad record makes me doubt them to do the right moves in the future.
Either way, we will have to find someone better..else we just fired them.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 27, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

Schiano is still a jerk that has turned the players against him. I'd be okay with keeping Dom.

LOL omg. Why do people keep giving this guy a pass?

One is the one constant on this team through the suckage?

Thats right Dominik.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 27, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

What would I do? Take a deep breath, shake my head, and wait until 2015, when we would have a new coach. who would then proceed to teach the Bucs' second-year QB his second offensive system.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 27, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

I think most people would just turn off the TV and/or stop buying tickets.  The team couldn't come out and say  "we intentionally tanked" so nobody would understand why they kept two people who look like failures at their jobs.  Even winning wouldn't bring people back at that point IMO.  They'd be too pissed.  Dom they might get away with, but Schiano has been turned into such a cartoon villain by the media there is no way anyone will ever support him again.  Even his mom isn't' taking his calls.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 27, 2013, 09:22:05 PM

i have a lot of respect for the glazers for being so responsive to their fan base, they wouldnt let that happen.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#28 : October 28, 2013, 03:49:34 AM

IF Schiano is the coach next season, I will be rooting for a different team.  I don't live in Tampa, and it would not be hard to adopt the team where I do live.  End of story.

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 28, 2013, 03:53:07 AM

I would have a lot more free time on Sunday afternoons!!!!

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QUESTION: Oh boy! What would YOU do if... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools