Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Polian VPFO, Eric Stokes GM, Mark Dominik Contracts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 28, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

I want Dummynik and Hickey out of the building ....completely .... both are proven fails . Why go out of our way to create a position for him ? Simply hire someone better.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 28, 2013, 08:04:38 AM

Remember back about a thousand years ago when the Bills were relevant?  That was Polians doing.

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith and Andre Reed were already Bills before Polian was GM.

Just like the Colts already Marvin Harrison, Marshall Faulk and the rights to Peyton Manning (technically) before he was GM.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 28, 2013, 08:57:02 AM

Can anyone explain just what is so great about Dominik's contract acumen? Is it because when he took over, the Bucs had a crap ton of cap room and could front load deals with guaranteed money while the teams without cap room had to carry over signing bonuses to fit under the cap? What's so hard about that?

Ask yourself this - how many times has Mark Dominik written a contract and you thought to yourself, "Man, we really got a good deal!"?

This.

I have said it in various threads. Dominik was a pro-personnel guy, not a contract guy. He learned his contract stuff under Bruce Allen.

Dominik needs to be fired. Not sure where the man love for him on here is coming from.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 28, 2013, 08:57:41 AM

I want Dummynik and Hickey out of the building ....completely .... both are proven fails . Why go out of our way to create a position for him ? Simply hire someone better.

Ya Hickey needs to go. He has been floating around at marginal for WAYYYYYYYY too long.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 28, 2013, 10:16:28 AM

It doesn't matter WHO he gave the contracts to. Its HOW he structured them. Every contract Mark Dominik as structured has been to the benefit of the franchise and with the salary cap in mind. He's an awesome capologist. Talent evaluator? That's definitely a valid question. But every deal he has structured he can get the Bucs out of with minimal impact to the cap. That's why the Bucs have minimal dead cap space on their cap and have plenty of cap room every year - despite being active in free agency. You can hate on Dominik for not getting enough depth at key positions, neglecting other positions in the draft - but you can't question his cap work. That's just blind emotional hatred and illogical.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 28, 2013, 10:19:31 AM

It doesn't matter WHO he gave the contracts to. Its HOW he structured them. Every contract Mark Dominik as structured has been to the benefit of the franchise and with the salary cap in mind. He's an awesome capologist. Talent evaluator? That's definitely a valid question. But every deal he has structured he can get the Bucs out of with minimal impact to the cap. That's why the Bucs have minimal dead cap space on their cap and have plenty of cap room every year - despite being active in free agency. You can hate on Dominik for not getting enough depth at key positions, neglecting other positions in the draft - but you can't question his cap work. That's just blind emotional hatred and illogical.

A. The contract structures were made possible by the cap room he inherited. He's not a wizard, he did the samething everyone else would have done.
B. Every deal? What about the Nicks restructuring (AFTER HE HAD SURGERY)? Bucs cannot get out of that contract now.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 28, 2013, 10:28:34 AM

If he is an awesome capologist , explain why we have much less cap room than we did the year before , and the team has gotten exponentially worse...

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!
: October 28, 2013, 10:39:11 AM Dolorous Jason

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 28, 2013, 10:35:17 AM

If you have cap room you can front load like nobodies business.  The reason this team has so much cap room is because there is no top tier talent to re-sign.  Freeman flamed out and the Bucs will have gobs of cap room as a result. this off season  If you miss on your draft choices more than likely you will have lots of cap room.

Dom just needs to go.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 28, 2013, 10:50:52 AM

On 4th page and no mention of the obvious.

Polian has put together winning programs.
Dominik is the exact opposite.

Anyways, I'm not for or against Polian. I just want a better GM that can actually steer a franchise in an organized and productive direction.
Dom leaves a lot left to be desired.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Polian VPFO, Eric Stokes GM, Mark Dominik Contracts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools