Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Polian VPFO, Eric Stokes GM, Mark Dominik Contracts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 27, 2013, 10:35:54 PM

Anyone? Anyone supportive of a new front office structure like this?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 27, 2013, 10:37:47 PM

As long as they get the Glazers out of the middle of the coaching hire.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 27, 2013, 10:37:52 PM

I don't have as much of a problem with Polian, as some here do. I think he is a good football guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 27, 2013, 10:39:51 PM

"Dommy-dommy-domminick-sticking-around-for-a-a-a-re-re-reduced-roll?"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 27, 2013, 10:39:54 PM

Do you think Dominick would accept such a demotion?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2013, 10:44:05 PM

Do you think Dominick would accept such a demotion?

I'd imagine Polian would have a contracts guy connection if necessary.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 27, 2013, 10:49:47 PM

When Polian made some bad picks in Indy, I believe it was when he had Irsay Jr. breathing down his neck. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 27, 2013, 10:52:18 PM

Rather see Dom just gone.  Not sure why the guy who's contract "resume" includes the like of black and clayton and getting completely worked by Joseph should be in charge of contracts.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 27, 2013, 10:52:31 PM

no thanks on polian

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 27, 2013, 10:54:46 PM

When Polian made some bad picks in Indy, I believe it was when he had Irsay Jr. breathing down his neck.

Polian's history in the NFL of success goes well beyond the Colts. The main reason a team would bring him in such as the Bucs is to get a guy who's run multiple franchises and successfully so. I imagine there are a few things he can teach those below and above him about putting an organization together.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 27, 2013, 10:55:51 PM

Rather see Dom just gone.  Not sure why the guy who's contract "resume" includes the like of black and clayton and getting completely worked by Joseph should be in charge of contracts.

Plus the fact that he has a scouting background.

As one poster (Hate?) pointed out....he protects the money and the Glazers may like that.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2013, 11:04:16 PM

Polian has missed on some 1st rounders and he has to own that but he also picked some late round studs like Mathis, Bethea and Garcon which is something we rarely ever do. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 27, 2013, 11:04:49 PM

Polian's history in the NFL of success goes well beyond the Colts. The main reason a team would bring him in such as the Bucs is to get a guy who's run multiple franchises and successfully so. I imagine there are a few things he can teach those below and above him about putting an organization together.

No argument here.  But he is approaching 71 years of age.  He may not even be interested in a front office job.  I like him though, he speaks common sense.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2013, 11:05:19 PM

Can anyone explain just what is so great about Dominik's contract acumen? Is it because when he took over, the Bucs had a crap ton of cap room and could front load deals with guaranteed money while the teams without cap room had to carry over signing bonuses to fit under the cap? What's so hard about that?

Ask yourself this - how many times has Mark Dominik written a contract and you thought to yourself, "Man, we really got a good deal!"?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 27, 2013, 11:06:41 PM

Can anyone explain just what is so great about Dominik's contract acumen? Is it because when he took over, the Bucs had a crap ton of cap room and could front load deals with guaranteed money while the teams without cap room had to carry over signing bonuses to fit under the cap? What's so hard about that?

Ask yourself this - how many times has Mark Dominik written a contract and you thought to yourself, "Man, we really got a good deal!"?

Revis ?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Polian VPFO, Eric Stokes GM, Mark Dominik Contracts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools