Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Locking Up Top 3 Pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Desmond

Second String

#15 : October 28, 2013, 12:03:01 AM

One win isn't even looking like a possibility.

Jets beat us, cards beat, us, panthers beat us, foles beat us (again), and a retarded injury-plagued Atlanta team beat us. The schedule is tougher now and it's also to the point where players check out, knowing PO's are not an option while saving themselves for next season and/or waiting for the schiano firing.

This team is a dead duck. Mw, martin, nicks are injured and schiano sent freeman packing. Playing with a backup QB never helps things when you're in a downward spiral either. To add to a bad system, they also have to contend with the fan hate, which at this point is pretty justified.

All in all, there is just too much to deal with. Some team would really have to screw up royally to lose against Tampa.

Getting rid of Freeman helped our odds. If we really wanted to stink our way to 0 and 16 we would have kept Freeman and started him all 16 games.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 28, 2013, 12:05:06 AM

0-16... We are about that life.

We clearly mean business!
1-15... I couldn't deal with being 0-16.

Yeah we need to win at least one.
I need us to beat Miami but I would even sacrifice that to the football gods for #1.
Jacksonville and our Bucs will manage to win one game. It's extremely difficult to go 0-16. I'm saying 1-15 and SOS will be the determining factor in who gets #1.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#17 : October 28, 2013, 12:08:59 AM

I need us to beat Miami but I would even sacrifice that to the football gods for #1.
Jacksonville and our Bucs will manage to win one game. It's extremely difficult to go 0-16. I'm saying 1-15 and SOS will be the determining factor in who gets #1.

I will say that the Jags look 08 Lions bad right now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 28, 2013, 12:17:25 AM

One win isn't even looking like a possibility.

Jets beat us, cards beat, us, panthers beat us, foles beat us (again), and a retarded injury-plagued Atlanta team beat us. The schedule is tougher now and it's also to the point where players check out, knowing PO's are not an option while saving themselves for next season and/or waiting for the schiano firing.

This team is a dead duck. Mw, martin, nicks are injured and schiano sent freeman packing. Playing with a backup QB never helps things when you're in a downward spiral either. To add to a bad system, they also have to contend with the fan hate, which at this point is pretty justified.

All in all, there is just too much to deal with. Some team would really have to screw up royally to lose against Tampa.

Getting rid of Freeman helped our odds. If we really wanted to stink our way to 0 and 16 we would have kept Freeman and started him all 16 games.

True, but it would be hard to argue that on any team starting your backup in the 4th game is a good sign of things to come.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 28, 2013, 12:18:51 AM

Because of Freeman's track record for going winless?  I guess you could argue this is true because they hated each other and dumb**CENSORED** McGee probably would have continued to split reps even while starting Freeman through a winless season. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 28, 2013, 12:23:39 AM

..What's mismanagement of QB's between friends?

Seriously, there's little difference. Glennon the rookie, or freeman the junkie? Neither sound like an instant-win formula to me.

swamp_bats

Starter
#21 : October 28, 2013, 12:29:09 AM

You guys are a bit too pessimistic. We could easily still win 3-5 games. Miami, St. Louis and Buffalo are all very beatable. Atlanta is not looking very good, Carolina will fall back to earth a bit and New Orleans in week 17 could be playing all backups. Glennon will keep getting better and developing more chemistry with receivers. I am not saying we will win that many, I sure hope we don't. Just don't get why everybody keeps saying we are gonna lose out. It has only happened twice, I don't think us or Jax is gonna go 0-16. I think we both go 2-14.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#22 : October 28, 2013, 12:32:44 AM

You guys are a bit too pessimistic. We could easily still win 3-5 games. Miami, St. Louis and Buffalo are all very beatable. Atlanta is not looking very good, Carolina will fall back to earth a bit and New Orleans in week 17 could be playing all backups. Glennon will keep getting better and developing more chemistry with receivers. I am not saying we will win that many, I sure hope we don't. Just don't get why everybody keeps saying we are gonna lose out. It has only happened twice, I don't think us or Jax is gonna go 0-16. I think we both go 2-14.

3 is the absolute maximum, in my humble opinion.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 28, 2013, 12:33:37 AM

Seriously, there's little difference. Glennon the rookie, or freeman the junkie? Neither sound like an instant-win formula to me.

Freeman the junkie has been a part of some pretty bad suck, but nothing that came close to legitimately threatening 0-16.  Is it better long term to rip that band-aid off fast?  Sure.  Was Josh "regressing" to the point where anything close to this unmitigated disaster should have been possible?  Hell to the nizo. 

You can not convince me that a professional coach and staff with Josh Freeman and everything else exactly the same (injuries, roster deficiencies, etc) doesn't win at least 6 games.  I can't thank a coach for making us God awful instead of mediocre just because it might prove better for us down the road. 

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 28, 2013, 12:37:39 AM

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 28, 2013, 01:05:28 AM

Freeman the junkie has been a part of some pretty bad suck, but nothing that came close to legitimately threatening 0-16.  Is it better long term to rip that band-aid off fast?  Sure.  Was Josh "regressing" to the point where anything close to this unmitigated disaster should have been possible?  Hell to the nizo. 

You can not convince me that a professional coach and staff with Josh Freeman and everything else exactly the same (injuries, roster deficiencies, etc) doesn't win at least 6 games.  I can't thank a coach for making us God awful instead of mediocre just because it might prove better for us down the road.

Wouldn't dare try to convince you otherwise. Just saying it was "suck" vs "suck."

The staff very much IS the problem here, regardless of what players are out there playing. They are making all the wrong choices.

Glennon is an average rookie, and freeman a regressing junkie, but both of them would've played better without schiano. That much you are completely correct about.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 28, 2013, 01:10:00 AM

Damn those Jaguars!

Fortunately the titans game they have is winnable if they shut locker down.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Desmond

Second String

#27 : October 28, 2013, 02:04:10 AM

Because of Freeman's track record for going winless?  I guess you could argue this is true because they hated each other and dumb**CENSORED** McGee probably would have continued to split reps even while starting Freeman through a winless season.

No, because of his accuracy. If he regresses anymore, the only players he's gonna hit will be wearing a different uniform. I started to feel bad for him on that Monday night game.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 28, 2013, 02:53:40 AM

If both teams ended with the same record the Bucs would. Of course the season still has to play out and the SOS could change. Both teams play the NFC West division. Just keep praying for teams like the Panthers to keep winning.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 28, 2013, 03:10:53 AM

No, because of his accuracy. If he regresses anymore, the only players he's gonna hit will be wearing a different uniform. I started to feel bad for him on that Monday night game.

Hell Monday night he was so bad he couldn't hit guys from the other team. They have to have not been covering his receivers to have any danger of him hitting them.

Freeman wasn't gonna go 0-16 .  We all know he'd go into the phone booth for a couple of games just to tease us and keep idiots thinking he was a real QB. Freeman gave us a shot of sitting on a treadmill.  Glennon gives us a shot at a better future. Either he blows up and his "the man" for us or he gives us a rookie R3 effort and we slouch in to be able to draft the future. Either way, playing Glennon was the smart call.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Locking Up Top 3 Pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools