Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Locking Up Top 3 Pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 28, 2013, 04:46:47 AM

Right now, strength of schedule favors the Bucs as far as having a weaker SoS...but we are heading into the tougher part of our schedule and they are heading into the weaker part of theirs so I think it's going to balance out and be much closer. I also still think the Bucs will find a way to win at least one game...maybe two.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 28, 2013, 10:15:19 AM

Getting rid of Freeman helped our odds. If we really wanted to stink our way to 0 and 16 we would have kept Freeman and started him all 16 games.

Because of Freeman's track record for going winless?  I guess you could argue this is true because they hated each other and dumb**CENSORED** McGee probably would have continued to split reps even while starting Freeman through a winless season.

No, because of his accuracy. If he regresses anymore, the only players he's gonna hit will be wearing a different uniform. I started to feel bad for him on that Monday night game.

Hell Monday night he was so bad he couldn't hit guys from the other team. They have to have not been covering his receivers to have any danger of him hitting them.

Freeman wasn't gonna go 0-16 .  We all know he'd go into the phone booth for a couple of games just to tease us and keep idiots thinking he was a real QB. Freeman gave us a shot of sitting on a treadmill.  Glennon gives us a shot at a better future. Either he blows up and his "the man" for us or he gives us a rookie R3 effort and we slouch in to be able to draft the future. Either way, playing Glennon was the smart call.

It was the best call for us as fans, but obvioulsy not a "smart call" for Greg Schiano.  Mike Glennon is not winning games and not winning games is going to cost Greg Schiano his job.  Had he not f'd around with Josh and switched to Mike and we go 6-10, he would have gotten more time.  He could have let Josh walk and gone to Mike in 2014.  He fast tracked a rookie QB because he thought that gave him the best chance to win this season.  That miscalculation is a significant factor for why he will be unemployed shortly.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 28, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

0-16... We are about that life.

We clearly mean business!
1-15... I couldn't deal with being 0-16.

Yeah we need to win at least one.

Yep. 0-16 would be devastating.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#33 : October 28, 2013, 10:45:26 AM

Here's our gameplan for securing a top pick, but avoiding the embarrassment of 0-16:

1.) Continue losing as planned until the December 1st game against the Panthers.
2.) After that game, fire the Schiano.
3.) Pause. Take a close look at yourself in the mirror. The worst is over. It will never get worse than this. Never.
4.) Go into the final 4 games of the schedule with Wannstedt, or Butch as HC.
5.) Win against either the Bills, or the Rams. Our other two games are against the 49'ers and Saints-guaranteed losses.
6.) Bridgewater our way to the Super Bowl.
7.) Profit???

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 28, 2013, 10:47:17 AM

I think SOS favors the Jags anyway.

Only to the Bucs....0-16 and still not get the 1st pick and AGAIN lose out on a major talent because of it, how many times will this happen to the Franchise?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 28, 2013, 10:55:10 AM

On paper, St. Louis is the most vulnerable team and the Bucs might be able to beat them if they played next week, but I think they could be at a major disadvantage in week 16. If the Bucs are 0-14, they're all going to be making tee times and vacation plans and 100% checked out on the season. It will be like those last few games in 2011. If the Rams are still playing hard, they'll win.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Psych

Starter

#36 : October 28, 2013, 11:00:02 AM

We will beat St Louis, possibly Buffalo. With a chance to pick up an upset against another team, possibly Dolphins.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Locking Up Top 3 Pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools